Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2022, 05:51 PM

1,629 posts, read 1,715,268 times

Advertisements

Rent short term and buy when you can or feel like the time is right. Refinance as rates drop. Hard to time the market.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:18 PM

327 posts, read 446,582 times
@Prosze

Well aware. When my landlord of the moment gets a tremendous bill to repair whatever has happened, since it is not my bill, I feel a cool breeze, and I am serene as I can be. As I put it to the PM when they did not want to bother their a$s, telling me to call someone and I'd be reimbursed (what could go wrong there, ha) - there are not a lot of advantages to renting, but if something breaks, I call you and that's the end of my involvement besides letting the repairman in. I was surprised they didn't know what the job entailed. I wish they scheduled the repair as promptly as I pay my rent. (Check me out using the pronouns!)

Old 12-16-2022, 02:02 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,264,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnyc View Post
@Prosze

Well aware. When my landlord of the moment gets a tremendous bill to repair whatever has happened, since it is not my bill, I feel a cool breeze, and I am serene as I can be. As I put it to the PM when they did not want to bother their a$s, telling me to call someone and I'd be reimbursed (what could go wrong there, ha) - there are not a lot of advantages to renting, but if something breaks, I call you and that's the end of my involvement besides letting the repairman in. I was surprised they didn't know what the job entailed. I wish they scheduled the repair as promptly as I pay my rent. (Check me out using the pronouns!)

They should yes but if they are going through say a home warranty it can take a while to get something scheduled and even longer for parts depending on what the problem is. Go by what is in your lease for repairs and such. If it says call them for repairs do it and make the landlord follow what you signed. Some are lazy especially if they don't live in town.

Old 12-18-2022, 06:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Clearly, there is more to the Las Vegas economy than what you think. Several Ferraris, McLarens, Maseratis, Lamborghinis, Bentleys, a couple of RRs, and of course numerous Porsches in the neighborhood.

One new neighbor's job: she's a social media influencer/momfluencer with almost a million followers. I shake my head at her youtube channel & instagram photos. She's turned "looking good" into a very lucrative profession.
Some influencers can't rent apartments because the manager wants more proof of their "gig" such as paycheck stubs. He tells her he does not know much about "influencers" but he wants his money every month so she needs to prove income. So far he is declining this renter for this self employed work. So this lush work is not turning out so lush for her afterall...

Old 12-19-2022, 05:32 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Some influencers can't rent apartments because the manager wants more proof of their "gig" such as paycheck stubs. He tells her he does not know much about "influencers" but he wants his money every month so she needs to prove income. So far he is declining this renter for this self employed work. So this lush work is not turning out so lush for her afterall...
This is a problem that every self-employed person has solved.

Old 12-20-2022, 10:19 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,264,312 times
Quote:

If its so lucrative she should offer to pay a year up front.

Old 12-24-2022, 05:23 PM

7,849 posts, read 3,836,363 times
Quote:
One new neighbor's job: she's a social media influencer/momfluencer with almost a million followers. I shake my head at her youtube channel & instagram photos. She's turned "looking good" into a very lucrative profession.
Quote:
I understand. In the case of my influencer neighbor, she lives in a 9800 sf house (she & her husband own the house - not renters). Zillow thinks it is worth ~ $6 million, but I doubt it could sell for that.

Old 12-25-2022, 04:28 PM

Default People pawning valuables to pay for Christmas, Pawn Star’s Rick Harrison says

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/12/22...harrison-says/

Sounds more like rent.

Quote:
You do hear a lot from a lot of people: the rents in town have gone insane. A lot of people come in, and they’re just flabbergasted because their rent just went up $500, $600 bucks.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:07 PM

Default Rents fell 3% in Las Vegas

https://twitter.com/danjmcnamara/sta...03206877265922

Quote:
Now, many of those same places that shot up in price are seeing slides in demand and rents are going down. Between April and October of 2022, rents fell 3% in Las Vegas, 2% in Phoenix and 1% in Tampa, according to Apartment List. All three of those cities saw rents rise more than 30% during the preceding two years.
It started before that.

Old 01-05-2023, 08:59 AM

817 posts, read 629,631 times
Quote:
She's turned "looking good" into a very lucrative profession.
OnlyFans here we come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas