Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 03:40 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
When I mean "those people" I meant the well-off, the ones who have real jobs and are making money who looked down upon my family and I

Another thing about me, is I'm very prideful. If anybody (even family) offers me financial or any kind of assistance, I always tell them no. I feel like I need to be a man and take care of it on my own, and I always pay back, even if I'm told I dont have to
We're all in it together Davie. The sooner you realize this, the less lonely a place it becomes. All it takes is a natural disaster to realize that everyone is your brother and sister. The petty stuff we scuffle over on a day to day basis is completely meaningless.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:00 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
We're all in it together Davie. The sooner you realize this, the less lonely a place it becomes. All it takes is a natural disaster to realize that everyone is your brother and sister. The petty stuff we scuffle over on a day to day basis is completely meaningless.
So true. I know some very wealthy people...and sure things and material items make life more comfortable. But...we are all mortal. We are all subject to disease, death, fear, pride, sorrow, and misfortune.

The EASIEST path to feeling less judged is to judge others less.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:11 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
Quote:
Another thing about me, is I'm very prideful. If anybody (even family) offers me financial or any kind of assistance, I always tell them no. I feel like I need to take care of it on my own even when I know I cant, and if I do accept any help I always pay back, even if I'm told I dont have to
The more I read from you lately, the more I see a man, rather than that young kid that moved to LV from Orlando.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
So true. I know some very wealthy people...and sure things and material items make life more comfortable. But...we are all mortal. We are all subject to disease, death, fear, pride, sorrow, and misfortune.

The EASIEST path to feeling less judged is to judge others less.
Who ordered the 2 piece wisdom McNuggets meal?

These truths are really great words to live by.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:22 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Default What would you guys think?

If I were to recreate Las Vegas based on a roadmap with my computer game Sim City 4 and shared the pics online with you guys? Would you want to see it?

Old 06-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The more I read from you lately, the more I see a man, rather than that young kid that moved to LV from Orlando.
Really wanted to rep you for that one JFK, but apparently I need to spread more love

JFK, I've always been independent always doing things and learning things on my own and what not. I moved out of my parents place when I was 18 and still in high school. I got my job at Publix and rented a room for $400 from an older lady (dont go there JFK, she was MUCH too old for me ) rode the bus too and from school and work. I would have school from 7-2 and publix from 4-11 at night usually, and work 10-8 at publix on the weekends. That was all in 2008, I moved out on my own and prospered, my parents lost their jobs and became homeless again and slept in their car that summer. My younger bro and sis went to live with friends that year

I bought my Nissan Altima shortly in March 2009, and when I decided I wanted to move to Las Vegas in November of that year, My dad was now collecting social security and had rented a nice 3 bedroom townhouse for $825 a month. I moved back home and saved every dime I could to move out here, and Memorial Day weekend of 2010, I packed up my car and drove on out to Las Vegas

Old 06-03-2011, 05:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Really wanted to rep you for that one JFK, but apparently I need to spread more love

JFK, I've always been independent always doing things and learning things on my own and what not. I moved out of my parents place when I was 18 and still in high school. I got my job at Publix and rented a room for $400 from an older lady (dont go there JFK, she was MUCH too old for me ) rode the bus too and from school and work. I would have school from 7-2 and publix from 4-11 at night usually, and work 10-8 at publix on the weekends. That was all in 2008, I moved out on my own and prospered, my parents lost their jobs and became homeless again and slept in their car that summer. My younger bro and sis went to live with friends that year

I bought my Nissan Altima shortly in March 2009, and when I decided I wanted to move to Las Vegas in November of that year, My dad was now collecting social security and had rented a nice 3 bedroom townhouse for $825 a month. I moved back home and saved every dime I could to move out here, and Memorial Day weekend of 2010, I packed up my car and drove on out to Las Vegas
Strange to see you say you are a proud Republican. I cannot affiliate with the Democrats or Republicans....too many career politicians that serve themselves and not the public. I used to be registered as Republican until I realized that corruption was rampant in both Parties.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:42 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,667 times
I think there is a lot to admire about you Davie, you should be proud of what you have accomplished on your own. Don't let other peoples struggles get you down. Just focus on yourself and don't let yourself get bitter and jaded. Life is too short. Under every homeless person there is a human being with a heart, and maybe a broken heart. It's tough when a less fortunate person spits in your face when you offer help. When that happens I shrug it off knowing in my heart I did all I could.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:

Weren't your parents paying your car insurance at one point?

Old 06-03-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Weren't your parents paying your car insurance at one point?
Yes, my car is still insured under my moms policy (though not much longer) but I pay my share of it now which is $200 a month, will be getting NV insurance very soon

Im saving up mainly for the $195 registration fee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas