Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you make enough to qualify for a home loan in L.A.?
Do you personally earn over $110,000.00 per annum- YES 86 29.25%
Do you personally earn over $110,000.00 per annum- NO 208 70.75%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 11:34 AM

31 posts, read 298,613 times

Advertisements

I agree with you fastfilm, definatly true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 11:46 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZBOY15 View Post
L.A really has the worst air, the worst gangs and some of the most over-done, absurd houses SoCal has to offer. Check out that Pasedena hotel sized house....how could anyone live in such a thing. It would be embarrasing to say that you live in a 35,000 sqft house.
Give me stats for the first statement, the second, and what is an absurd house? You spelled Pasadena incorrectly, and why would it be embarrassing to say you live in a 35,000 sqft house? Until then, I will believe you as being politically incorrect with no data or measurement comparision/contrast for your claims.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:51 AM

I'm very pleased the folks who vehemently speak out and dislike California are leaving. It will be both a positive for their general welfare as well as those still in California. LoL. The only whining and negativity will be heard from a distance on websites such as this.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:07 PM

107 posts, read 721,024 times
# 1, people from elsewhere reading this site should know that the rest of Los Angeles does not resemble dusesean's upscale beachside little haven of Manhattan Beach. #2, telling people who want to improve things to SCRAM, GET OUT wins the alltime negativity prize hands down.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:11 PM

625 posts, read 2,436,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I'm very pleased the folks who vehemently speak out and dislike California are leaving. It will be both a positive for their general welfare as well as those still in California. LoL. The only whining and negativity will be heard from a distance on websites such as this.

Yep--last Anglo out, turn out the lights and take down the flag.

Oh, and there'll still be whining, you just won't understand it cause it'll all be in Spanish.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
Yep--last Anglo out, turn out the lights and take down the flag.
Oh, and there'll still be whining, you just won't understand it cause it'll all be in Spanish.
Wow! I do appreciate your response, but I will inform you where you are misguided. The county of Los Angeles has 4.5-5 million white folks, so you won't be the last one. "Take down the flag," is motivated by hysteria and resentment over illegal immigration. The last statement is as negative of a low blow as a racial slur.

Last edited by dusesean1986; 12-28-2006 at 12:43 PM..

Old 12-28-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Wow! I do appreciate your response, but I will inform you where you are misguided. The county of Los Angeles has 4.5-5 million white folks, so you won't be the last one. "Take down the flag," is not motivated by hysteria and resentment over illegal immigration. The last statement is as negative of a low blow as a racial slur.
Out of 20 million. Nuff said.

Would it make you feel any better if I said "in Thai, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian, Farsi, or any other plethora of languages?"

Problem is a great deal of the overcrowding and influx into the area is NOT from native or legal immigrants. It's from ILLEGAL...get it? ILLEGAL. Maybe if you crawled out of your little haven of MB you'd recognize that. Trust me, it's not a race issue, it's a quality of life issue. Not all of us can afford or want to sell our souls for that $2 million hovel in MB.

Last edited by OCCASparky; 12-28-2006 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Addition of final comments.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdu View Post
# 1, people from elsewhere reading this site should know that the rest of Los Angeles does not resemble dusesean's upscale beachside little haven of Manhattan Beach.

#2, telling people who want to improve things to SCRAM, GET OUT wins the alltime negativity prize hands down.
I play the flute and violin in a little window overlooking the bay, and write poems and songs to pass the time. I know what part of ghetto and gangs described in Los Angeles County. I know the 10 miles of South Los Angeles are very rough. Manhattan Beach has much higher income, there are no gangs, you can leave your doors unlocked, with that said I ain't no grandfather's clock, I do breath the air of Los Angeles. I have met a Florencia 13 gangmember and worked with a Lennox 13 gangmember. I have played basketball annually in a gym located in Watts, seen the deterioration of the San Fernando Valley, and the 60% billboard Spanish signs in the San Gabriel Valley, the changes in Vence, Culver City, and the Westside in General. I have seen the Black Middle and Upper Class deteriorate in the Crenshaw District. I understand many folks have had great difficulty adjusting to the greater Los Angeles area, but you must admit it has gone overboard with the ruthless attacks and whining. I didn't tell people to leave. I informed them if they were to whine and complain, it would be better for them and the rest of Californians to leave the state behind.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
Out of 20 million. Nuff said.
Umm Sparky..lol..Wikipedia.org Jan 1. 2006 estimates are the Los Angeles County population as having 10,245,672.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Umm Sparky..lol..Wikipedia.org Jan 1. 2006 estimates are the Los Angeles County population as having 10,245,672.
And of course, Wikipedia is NEVER wrong...[/sarc]

Last edited by OCCASparky; 12-28-2006 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: cause I can't speel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles