Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2023, 05:16 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
That's another tough one....move and give up my 3% rate or wait a bit and if luck is on my side see if maybe these people get divorced and sell or it goes into foreclosure then the bank swoops in and cleans it up?!
If you're happy with what you pay id consider staying and try to avoid looking at the house. Have you said anything? Its hard to imagine why they want to live in a house looking like that but maybe they have issues. It doesn't seem like mowing a lawn is difficult but I've also never mowed a lawn. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2023, 05:25 PM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If you're happy with what you pay id consider staying and try to avoid looking at the house. Have you said anything? Its hard to imagine why they want to live in a house looking like that but maybe they have issues. It doesn't seem like mowing a lawn is difficult but I've also never mowed a lawn. Lol.
I'm definitely happy with what I pay! It's hard to not see the mess....I can't even put up a fence on that side. Well I can but I'd likely be wasting $$. They have hazard/decaying trees whose limbs have already crashed my property (luckily just yard and not house.....yet) last winter and I'm afraid if more come down in the future...they will knock the fence on their way. I actually did try talking to them after the tree issue...even offered to pay for tree removal. Nope, husband says "No, cuz they're our trees." Then he tells her to come on let's go, get in the car while wife was talking to me. Hence, I got a weird vibe and why I mention maybe divorce sounds like it could be on the way for these two!

Old 08-29-2023, 06:41 PM

10,023 posts, read 15,665,421 times
It sounds like you'd be better off if they did divorce.

Old 08-29-2023, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
It sounds like you'd be better off if they did divorce.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. If they divorce and she gets the house....I think I'd have a much better chance at getting her blessing to have the trees removed and maybe she'll even get that yard cleaned up! He on the other hand seems like something is really off....he doesn't make eye contact when he's talking...seems like he wants to put his fingers in his ears if he doesn't like what you have to say and it's like ahhh...I'm not listening I can't hear you...like a baby louie.....not sure what's up but odd vibes! Then, he also seems controlling as heck with her so that's another story.

Old 08-30-2023, 07:06 AM

257 posts, read 258,003 times
Quote:
I'm definitely happy with what I pay! It's hard to not see the mess....I can't even put up a fence on that side. Well I can but I'd likely be wasting $$. They have hazard/decaying trees whose limbs have already crashed my property (luckily just yard and not house.....yet) last winter and I'm afraid if more come down in the future...they will knock the fence on their way. I actually did try talking to them after the tree issue...even offered to pay for tree removal. Nope, husband says "No, cuz they're our trees." Then he tells her to come on let's go, get in the car while wife was talking to me. Hence, I got a weird vibe and why I mention maybe divorce sounds like it could be on the way for these two!
Instead of a fence, have you considered a row of arboviteas? The nursery prices usually go down at the end of summer. In a couple years you could be looking at a wall of green arboviteas instead of the mess. I am looking to plant a row along one part of my yard for privacy after getting some insane quotes for fence installation.

Old 08-30-2023, 10:44 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Yes, that's what I'm thinking. If they divorce and she gets the house....I think I'd have a much better chance at getting her blessing to have the trees removed and maybe she'll even get that yard cleaned up! He on the other hand seems like something is really off....he doesn't make eye contact when he's talking...seems like he wants to put his fingers in his ears if he doesn't like what you have to say and it's like ahhh...I'm not listening I can't hear you...like a baby louie.....not sure what's up but odd vibes! Then, he also seems controlling as heck with her so that's another story.
Remember you won the selling price prediction contest? The prize for that was that you get to mow your neighbor's lawn! What are you waiting for?

Old 08-31-2023, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Remember you won the selling price prediction contest? The prize for that was that you get to mow your neighbor's lawn! What are you waiting for?
I'll wait to see if it goes into foreclosure or if they get divorced/sell to some responsible new owners who take care of their property! Until then, I'll just complain on this forum about it!

Old 08-31-2023, 06:53 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,125,554 times
I'm curious if we see an affect on prices when student loan repayments resume next month.

Old 08-31-2023, 06:57 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
I'm curious if we see an affect on prices when student loan repayments resume next month.
Doubt it. Student loans are the main reason half of millennials can't afford to buy a home in the first place.

Old 08-31-2023, 07:45 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southshorebound View Post
Instead of a fence, have you considered a row of arboviteas? The nursery prices usually go down at the end of summer. In a couple years you could be looking at a wall of green arboviteas instead of the mess. I am looking to plant a row along one part of my yard for privacy after getting some insane quotes for fence installation.

They are a lot of work. One of my fence lines (100 feet long approx) is a row of 10' tall arbovite. Most of my fall/spring cleanup is this line of arbovite. I have to trim them twice a year (mine are quite large) and they have a habit of collecting all the neighborhood leaves under them in the fall unless i proactively trim the bottom up 6=8" or so so they blow through. Then they shed old leaves, which requires raking otherwise it kills my grass. I probably put out 10-15 brown leaf bags in the spring and fall just for these bushes.

The neighbor and I have been discussing cutting them down and putting up a 6' fence and calling it a day, but quotes for that are $10K (split evenly).

The local wildlife love them though. Rabbits nest under them constantly, birds nest in them in colonies, and this spring we had a young fox living under the ones near the rear of the property. Had to haze him off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts