Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2023, 12:54 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,729,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
When my washer and dryer were delivered, the delivery folks hooked them up for me. I didn't really want them to, but they seemed eager enough so I threw them a tip for that.

Dishwasher install technically requires a plumber and I don't see them riding around on delivery trucks all day so it makes sense it's an extra fee. There really isn't much (if anything) you can do in MA with regard to plumbing without a permit and licensed plumber. Same with gas stoves, although i've seen plenty of delivery guys bust out the wrenches and disconnect the old stove and hook up a new stove. They shouldn't.
They always hook up washers and dryers, those are simple enough.

Stoves are understandable if there is a gas one involved.

Dishwasher seems in-between as far as difficulty. Other states do not require plumbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 12:58 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,729,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
are you alright?
I'm great. Should I talk about my neighbor's lawn instead?

Old 09-05-2023, 01:44 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
I'm great. Should I talk about my neighbor's lawn instead?
How is your neighbor's lawn? If you aren't talking about it, it's probably because they mow or hire someone to mow it like a normal homeowner and don't let it become like a tropical rainforest of overgrown vegetation so high that you can barely get to the front door!

Old 09-06-2023, 07:03 AM

720 posts, read 995,065 times
Read it and weep.....

https://www.boston.com/real-estate/r...p_featurestack

Old 09-06-2023, 08:22 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,422,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

You are wrong. It's a tiered system.

https://online.merrimack.edu/high-sc...massachusetts/

And that also only applies to public schools, not private.

That article only reinforces my point that a Master's degree is required for a public school teacher to reach "professional" status in MA.

Old 09-06-2023, 11:15 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
This is disgusting! These rodents should not be put up for adoption, only to proliferate and cause more damage, infestation somewhere else. What kind of cuckoo keeps 500 mice in their home. Grossest thing I've read all week!
https://whdh.com/news/mspca-to-waive...rom-mass-home/

Old 09-06-2023, 12:57 PM

23,554 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
That article only reinforces my point that a Master's degree is required for a public school teacher to reach "professional" status in MA.

Because you changed your "point" after being proven wrong.

Old 09-06-2023, 02:42 PM

3,686 posts, read 7,422,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Because you changed your "point" after being proven wrong.

Not sure how I was "proven wrong". Someone inferred that Greater Boston communities required a Master's degree for teachers. I pointed out that it is a state law that requires public school teachers to get a Master's degree to achieve professional status. You linked an article saying the same thing.

Whatever. We have strayed too far from "2023 Real Estate Observations".

Old 09-06-2023, 02:48 PM

16,296 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I think it's safe to say that it's becoming a little ridiculous to be a teacher in a state like MA these days.

https://www.bestcolleges.com/educati...0Massachusetts.

Aspiring teachers may need 4-5 years to earn licensure including time to graduate from college and take licensure tests. Teachers transferring from other states with state licensure and a bachelor's degree will need much less time to become a licensed teacher in Massachusetts.

That seems like a long time to end up being a teacher earning 80k a year...where you are constantly 'on' all day and talking to kids and bringing home work to correct, deal with parents, administration, etc. I really think some jobs need to be revisited on WHY a masters degree is required.

Old 09-06-2023, 03:13 PM

842 posts, read 551,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think it's safe to say that it's becoming a little ridiculous to be a teacher in a state like MA these days.

https://www.bestcolleges.com/educati...0Massachusetts.

Aspiring teachers may need 4-5 years to earn licensure including time to graduate from college and take licensure tests. Teachers transferring from other states with state licensure and a bachelor's degree will need much less time to become a licensed teacher in Massachusetts.

That seems like a long time to end up being a teacher earning 80k a year...where you are constantly 'on' all day and talking to kids and bringing home work to correct, deal with parents, administration, etc. I really think some jobs need to be revisited on WHY a masters degree is required.
In some countries, math teachers must have a degree in math or math education; and physics teachers must have a degree in physics etc.
Maybe it is a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts