Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 05:18 PM

9,695 posts, read 9,438,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Crate and Barrel finally opening a store in Tennessee, in Nashville's Green Hills.

I like this store a lot (even if it is overpriced in a lot of ways). Glad to see it headed to Nashville though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...nashville.html
Finally. I buy their linens and glassware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 11:22 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,340,832 times
Default Locomotive in the park soon to move

Locomotive Move Safety Rules and Route Map | NASHVILLE STEAM

Sunday January 13 for the steam locomotive #576 to be moved out of Centennial Park to a new location.

Last chance to get your pictures in the park!

Old 01-06-2019, 06:04 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,553,727 times
I dont' think I appreciated just how much growth is happening in Nashville until I drove through several other cities over the last three weeks. I only saw one crane in Atlanta, none in Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale, Chattanooga has a lot of road construction but no buildings like Nashville.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:09 AM

10,093 posts, read 14,498,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Finally. I buy their linens and glassware.
Yeah, it's a great aesthetic and style. Good to see them moving to the area. It did take a long time!

Old 01-07-2019, 12:26 PM

114 posts, read 128,524 times
how can they add more stores to the Green Hills mall, isn't the area filled up to the brim? Please help me with that, those of you who know... ps., it's a wonderful store

Old 01-07-2019, 01:25 PM

4,349 posts, read 4,730,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arton1 View Post
how can they add more stores to the Green Hills mall, isn't the area filled up to the brim? Please help me with that, those of you who know... ps., it's a wonderful store

It's an expansion over the parking deck.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:32 PM

1,180 posts, read 987,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I dont' think I appreciated just how much growth is happening in Nashville until I drove through several other cities over the last three weeks. I only saw one crane in Atlanta, none in Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale, Chattanooga has a lot of road construction but no buildings like Nashville.
Here is a curbed article on developments in Atlanta. That is just in Midtown Atlanta

https://atlanta.curbed.com/maps/atla...pment-map-2018

Old 01-07-2019, 04:01 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,340,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arton1 View Post
Dillard's moved further west, with remodel of that end of the mall. New RH store closer to Hillsboro entrance.
C&B had a temp Christmas store last year. It must have done well enough!

With all the moving & remodeling there may be room for more smaller size stores.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:38 PM

9,695 posts, read 9,438,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Dillard's moved further west, with remodel of that end of the mall. New RH store closer to Hillsboro entrance.
C&B had a temp Christmas store last year. It must have done well enough!

With all the moving & remodeling there may be room for more smaller size stores.
They should announce stores for the new wing expansion this spring. I'm waiting on Cartier, Zara, Hermes, Gucci, Tom Ford, Etro. They could use a few more nice restaurants as well like the Capital Grille, Seasons 52, or Cooper's Hawk. Traffic will be worse when all of the stores open.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:18 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,515,257 times
Wouldn't be surprised to see Cartier, Zara and Tom Ford. Gucci and Hermes may be a reach. IDK about Etro. In this age of malls being forced to find ways to survive, the top-tier malls will need to differentiate themselves from the pack. Enclosed malls in all cities are declining in number. A metro of 2 million could end up with just two when it all shakes out. They need to be destinations or they'll die. Traffic in Green Hills is nothing short of sucky already. With the new residential developments and the mall expansion, they need to have more turn lanes and one-way flow around the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville