Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM

44 posts, read 48,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli167st View Post
logicalcity-yeah how'd you get a interview that-quick!?..who's your-uncle?

hilarious!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel89 View Post
Hey everyone i'm waiting for a reply for my application but after going up in front of the actual building i don't even wanna move there i'm not judging but it's people with sheets up as their curtains and it was a lady just laying in the window with no clothes on. My advice to u guys that aren't in there yet apply for the lotteries because this building is stressing some people out trying to get into and i don't even think it's all worth it!!

thats crazy. It does seem like it might be a "ghetto" building. I mean, people have to do what they have to do.. but naked though?? smh come on now. ugh i cant with them!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 AM

169 posts, read 186,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzAmbitious View Post
thats crazy. It does seem like it might be a "ghetto" building. I mean, people have to do what they have to do.. but naked though?? smh come on now. ugh i cant with them!
Hopefully it's decent and the tenants respect the building

Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettiK View Post
Hopefully it's decent and the tenants respect the building
Yea i know right. Like Deli said, it wont be long before they get roaches and rodents and I am not okay with that. Im glad I applied to other apartments. Having more options is always great.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 AM

801 posts, read 1,104,939 times
So i have This agent On a bad mood. That they know I was not playing. It bugs me people acts friendly and their very irresponsible at the time. I have a trust issues. Logical" . Don't look for excuses just to look good on this forum. You started wrong , and I don't appreciate the way you came here , there's tension, and emotional things in here . But you know something it was never about making every body miserable like you said. You need to look very well back to understand the situation. As people comes for one day and look at the forum and read the post from that day ,and make crazy statements, we are every single day keeping post of our issues. I just want to see what's the real end of all of this!!as I wish to everybody to archived their goals.so go a head and who ever following you , should know !! They are never here!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 AM

8 posts, read 8,430 times
Yea i had visited this forum awhile back and somebody named valdez or something told deli167st to chill with the mexican slurs and the dominican slurs. IDK. He seems like a jokester to me but sometimes the jokes are innappropiate and repeated. But on the bright side, He seems to be extremely informative.

Isn't he the one who started the hooplah about people being able to pay under the table and stuff and some of you ran with it? what if he made it all up just to cause a stir? Think about it....

Old 09-21-2011, 11:13 AM

801 posts, read 1,104,939 times
That I really don't like ! Statements about races. That's not me. And I'm stoping right now about who said this and who said that . The point is who ever is in forum is to support and who is not in a atitude to help, just back off . With this been said there should be no more drama about it.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:37 AM

8 posts, read 8,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
So i have This agent On a bad mood. That they know I was not playing. It bugs me people acts friendly and their very irresponsible at the time. I have a trust issues. Logical" . Don't look for excuses just to look good on this forum. You started wrong , and I don't appreciate the way you came here , there's tension, and emotional things in here . But you know something it was never about making every body miserable like you said. You need to look very well back to understand the situation. As people comes for one day and look at the forum and read the post from that day ,and make crazy statements, we are every single day keeping post of our issues. I just want to see what's the real end of all of this!!as I wish to everybody to archived their goals.so go a head and who ever following you , should know !! They are never here!!!!!!

you need to back off because you are getting overly emotional about one measely comment that i wrote that obviously touched you in the WRONG WAY. You need to calm down.
There's no way of "STARTING WRONG" or "STARTING RIGHT"
It's a forum.
Open discussion for the public.
Yes.
If you cannot deal with different opinions then skip over my 2cents.
but i will say what i want in here. nice try tho

Old 09-21-2011, 11:50 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
You should keep in mind a couple of things:

1- It could be that people who just moved in don't own curtains YET. So I don't doubt some people have put sheets to cover their windows temporarily..I have done this before when I first moved into my own place. It is a temporary solution typically...and since this is a new building and everyone moving it..this shouldn't be surprising.

2-As for the naked lady comment, all I can say is she was at home and naked. If you are looking so hard into windows you are bound to see things..which is why you SHOULD NOT be looking into windows in the first place. Now if she was hanging outside the window nude, or talking with you nude out the window, that's something different. But who cares that a woman was seen nude in her apt through the window. I mean really? You do realize people get naked in their homes, and we also shower nude too!

There are many people making comments and complaining about things which are grossly blown out of proportion. It is a new building, with new people moving in from all points across the city, into a changing community. There will be challenges along the way, especially with new construction buildings. If you can't handle anything that isn't absolutely perfect, especially at these rents, you should remain in your utopian paradise, whereever that is. The fact that people are applying for this building means things ain't so good where you are....so be patient, it won't be perfect (what is), you will have delays/challenges/annoyances, but in the end it will be worth it.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:15 PM

103 posts, read 119,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You should keep in mind a couple of things:

1- It could be that people who just moved in don't own curtains YET. So I don't doubt some people have put sheets to cover their windows temporarily..I have done this before when I first moved into my own place. It is a temporary solution typically...and since this is a new building and everyone moving it..this shouldn't be surprising.

2-As for the naked lady comment, all I can say is she was at home and naked. If you are looking so hard into windows you are bound to see things..which is why you SHOULD NOT be looking into windows in the first place. Now if she was hanging outside the window nude, or talking with you nude out the window, that's something different. But who cares that a woman was seen nude in her apt through the window. I mean really? You do realize people get naked in their homes, and we also shower nude too!

There are many people making comments and complaining about things which are grossly blown out of proportion. It is a new building, with new people moving in from all points across the city, into a changing community. There will be challenges along the way, especially with new construction buildings. If you can't handle anything that isn't absolutely perfect, especially at these rents, you should remain in your utopian paradise, whereever that is. The fact that people are applying for this building means things ain't so good where you are....so be patient, it won't be perfect (what is), you will have delays/challenges/annoyances, but in the end it will be worth it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery