Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 03:59 PM

19 posts, read 36,820 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I received mail from the IRS stating that my Tax docs from 2012 were requested by Related but the third party (Related) filled out the request incorrectly , The irs received the request on March 20th.
I have to let my coordinator know that she did not complete the docs before sending them in .

I checked my credit and there has been no inquiry so far .

Old 04-15-2015, 09:15 PM

94 posts, read 216,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephtastic7 View Post
The leasing rep told me to call the company doing the credit check, and after an hour on hold, went thru all my things and only found one late payment, which was caused by a computer error and rectified. They said they use a "rental score" instead of "credit score" and if they feel with your income minus debt that you cannot pay the rent, they can deny. The credit company pretty much said it's up to the leasing agent. I'm at a loss here. I don't know how much if any I can argue this.
I think the same thing happened to me. Unfortunately, the people I spoke with at Saferent were unbelievably rude and ruled out the possibility of a computer error. They just said we don't know know why you got a low score, and there is nothing we can do about it because we don't even know how the score is calculated. This company is truly horrible. Just think about how many people were already denied because of their "computer errors". I don't have any students loans, car loans, credit card debt, etc. That thing they told you about the debt is complete bologne. This computer software that they are using was clearly poorly designed, probably not properly tested, and seems to be spitting out random numbers that not one human verifies or knows how they are calculated.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:59 AM

7 posts, read 15,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
I think the same thing happened to me. Unfortunately, the people I spoke with at Saferent were unbelievably rude and ruled out the possibility of a computer error. They just said we don't know know why you got a low score, and there is nothing we can do about it because we don't even know how the score is calculated. This company is truly horrible. Just think about how many people were already denied because of their "computer errors". I don't have any students loans, car loans, credit card debt, etc. That thing they told you about the debt is complete bologne. This computer software that they are using was clearly poorly designed, probably not properly tested, and seems to be spitting out random numbers that not one human verifies or knows how they are calculated.

Due to lack of time, all I will say right now is that Newtothisforum knows exactly what she is talking about.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:03 AM

26 posts, read 123,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miskiri1 View Post
Due to lack of time, all I will say right now is that Newtothisforum knows exactly what she is talking about.

I don't have any debt, paid off a mortgage and a student loan. One credit card for over 30 years. Never late on anything. This is the info they told me at Saferent, yet I was rendered a 569 score. WFT? They also told me they calculated the rent would be 28% of my monthly gross and that's not good. They also said paying off my mortgage is a strike against me.

I have reached out to Jimmy VB's office for assistance. I urge all other responsible candidates that are now told they need a co-signer to do the same. VB's office has received similar complaints, not just mine.

Funny, today I get an introduction email asking me to start the app process from HPS. I guess they forgot I already did it.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,078 times
Hi, so glad I found this forum as I'm at a loss of what to do. I received a letter 2 weeks ago stating to schedule an interview and I've called various times leaving messages and no one has returned my call or emails. I was supposed to have an interview by April 15th and now it's the 16th and still nothing. Did anyone have to wait long to hear from anyone after the interview letter? I'm considering stopping by the office and just make an appointment in person. I don't want to miss this opportunity!

Old 04-16-2015, 05:45 PM

292 posts, read 703,457 times
I thought I was the only one. I have been calling for this week now. I believe people are there because when I did call, someone "accidentally" picked up and hung up the phone. I called again, it rang and when straight to voicemail. I have no idea whatts going on but this is getting annoying. I mean, I just need to know if I qualify and if I do, am I going to get a unit. Whether its a yes or no, I just want to move on.

For some reason, I feel like they want to target the higher bracket incomes and they are definitely filling them first. I feel the lower income folks are getting treated badly. Just my two cents.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:51 PM

357 posts, read 656,963 times
Evening...

I'm super confused. I am a municipal employee with a log # of 8,900 and yet I haven't been contacted. Ugh! I'm beginning to give up on this city.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 12,152 times
I've had luck getting through to an actual person between 2 and 5 pm. Twice this week and once last week. I've given up trying in the mornings, no one picks up.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 AM

18 posts, read 34,729 times
I just heard back from my leasing rep that had told me that I was "conditionally approved" last week. I asked about the status and what the conditions were and this was her reply:

"At the moment all applications are conditionally approved. Reason being, we are unable to fully approve them until they are approved by HDC. We have placed you on a secondary waitlist that is complete and waiting for units. Unfortunately it is a waiting game until we get to your log number. As soon as more units are released I will reach out to you."

Old 04-17-2015, 10:13 AM

200 posts, read 374,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyalltheway View Post
I thought I was the only one. I have been calling for this week now. I believe people are there because when I did call, someone "accidentally" picked up and hung up the phone. I called again, it rang and when straight to voicemail. I have no idea whatts going on but this is getting annoying. I mean, I just need to know if I qualify and if I do, am I going to get a unit. Whether its a yes or no, I just want to move on.

For some reason, I feel like they want to target the higher bracket incomes and they are definitely filling them first. I feel the lower income folks are getting treated badly. Just my two cents.

Not surprising they are targeting the higher income - think about it from their perspective. The sooner they get people in, the sooner they start bringing in income. High income people will bring in higher rents so it makes sense to target those units first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery