Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2022, 08:28 PM

196 posts, read 178,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
Interesting. I’m curious of how people with no preference are being asked for documents when I haven’t received a follow up yet. Very happy for those people but I am confused on how this works lol
Yep - I thought the same. I read in an article Susan Maskowitz (the agent at Reside) said herself that they reach out to everyone for buildings like this because so many people say no because a lot of those people have way more opportunity and choice in terms of housing (which to me who's at 80% ami ok I'm not poor but like NYC prices are crazy and I don't have many opportunities at all lol). For buildings with lower income, they reach out to fewer candidates. Once they receive applications, they process by order of log number lowest to highest, regardless of how soon you send it. I noticed other lotteries don't reach out to as many at a time.

Also, for someone's question above asking what they process first - they definitely process CB first but then depending on the lottery, your log # and your agent you can be processed simultaneously with gen pop. I know that some gen pops won their apartment at another building before me even though I'm CB, because they probably were asked documents around the same time as me and either my marketing agent maybe took longer to process it or they sent theirs documents extra early and had everything correct from the jump. But for this one, it looks like they truly go by lower to higher logs exclusively, hence why it might take a long time. This is what other people have said also...

https://www.thecity.nyc/2020/6/28/21...come?_amp=true Here's article for those interested, what I was referring to is under title "chasing tenants"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 09:16 PM

41 posts, read 47,239 times
Log # 17XX with ME preference and have not been reached out to yet

Old 11-03-2022, 11:42 PM

151 posts, read 131,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNNP2023 View Post
Same here log 6xx
What?? I’m 62X no cb didn’t get contacted yet

Old 11-04-2022, 01:31 AM

19 posts, read 14,636 times
Submitted my paperwork today. Log 3xxx with CB. 80% AMI
I tried to ask if I could tour the space and Susan said that
“ Upon approval we can schedule lease-signing. I would anticipate approval within 1-2 weeks and a move-in for December 1st. At lease-signing you’ll have the opportunity to view the apartments.”

Does this mean that I’ll need to make my decision right then and there?

Seems a bit sneaky if you ask me. Is this a normal practice among other housing lottos?

I’ve gotten a virtual 360 tour but do they really expect us to schedule a lease signing without proper physical exposure to the space itself?

Could I in theory say I need more time to think about it?

Old 11-04-2022, 05:20 AM

800 posts, read 731,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl0461 View Post
“ Upon approval we can schedule lease-signing. I would anticipate approval within 1-2 weeks and a move-in for December 1st. At lease-signing you’ll have the opportunity to view the apartments.”

Seems a bit sneaky if you ask me. Is this a normal practice among other housing lottos?

I’ve gotten a virtual 360 tour but do they really expect us to schedule a lease signing without proper physical exposure to the space itself?

They usually give like 5 days to accept or decline the unit so I’m hoping she misspoke

Old 11-04-2022, 06:13 AM

196 posts, read 178,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
They usually give like 5 days to accept or decline the unit so I’m hoping she misspoke
It is a little weird.. did she say she submitted anything to hpd ? This is second round of documents right? Im a little confused on their process lol did it look like an automatic email or something?

Maybe she means upon arrival when you tour the space they schedule lease signing.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:40 AM

15 posts, read 14,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl0461 View Post

Also log 3XXX with CB and 80% AMI. Submitted paperwork yesterday.

They offered me a studio and sent me a 360 degree viewing link for same layout on another floor -- mentioned I could move up to a 1bd which I OK'd but then told none were available; I assume they have these already assigned for other applicants.

Did they also offer you studio?

Looks like for lottery studios in 80% AMI there is only one window and it's not 'floor to ceiling', and pretty snug compared to the photos of the MR ones online. I think most of them are courtyard facing.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:51 AM

31 posts, read 28,594 times
Congratulations to everyone who won an apartment. Would anyone of you be able to upload some screenshots of the lottery apartment? I'm curious about the window size, kitchen appliances, and if there are any big differences from the 360 apartment tours that are available online. Thanks in advance!

Also, are the utilities (gas and water) included in the rent? Are there any extra costs besides the amenities (needing insurance etc.)?

Old 11-04-2022, 07:33 AM

390 posts, read 351,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkdog View Post
Interesting. I’m curious of how people with no preference are being asked for documents when I haven’t received a follow up yet. Very happy for those people but I am confused on how this works lol
I think they will still get processed after us. It took 3 weeks just for them to say that documents are received so either they're getting processed after us or they're expecting to fill all the CB preference and other preferences soon.

Old 11-04-2022, 07:41 AM

390 posts, read 351,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolx View Post
Congratulations to everyone who won an apartment. Would anyone of you be able to upload some screenshots of the lottery apartment? I'm curious about the window size, kitchen appliances, and if there are any big differences from the 360 apartment tours that are available online. Thanks in advance!

Also, are the utilities (gas and water) included in the rent? Are there any extra costs besides the amenities (needing insurance etc.)?
It's stated for the in the lottery posting we only pay for electric. One month rent free and we just pay security. Someone had posted a brochure given to lottery winners which I'll link below, but they weren't able to post pictures.

https://hello.rent.brookfieldpropert...full-view.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery