Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2023, 10:06 AM

12 posts, read 7,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25millz View Post
When filling out the application, I am not a student, do I still need to submit a notarized copy of the student status affidavit?
Everyone over 18 needs to submit the student status affidavit. However, in their application email they now say:

"In order to facilitate the timely submission of your application package, an un-notarized copy of the Student Status Affidavit may be provided along with the rest of your application package for initial review. Should you be found eligible and accept an apartment with the StuyTown Lottery, an original notarized Student Status Affidavit must be provided prior to signing a lease."

Truth be told, if you get an offer, you will Docusign everything and call it a day. I didn't have to get anything notarized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 11:07 AM

143 posts, read 162,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz083 View Post
Good point. My log number for 2021 is 8xxx. So not great. I did ask someone in the lottery office and they did not have an answer for me. Thinking is it safe to assume if I’m able to pursue one of these and actually move in, this will be my one lottery apt.

And they are well priced. Both are less expensive than my current midtown studio, with almost twice the space.
Are you looking for a 1 or 2 bed room? 2 bedrooms are not far off from that number: 1 bedrooms are a different story. Also the more conversations I have with the lottery office, the more I am convinced that the wait list is not truly a first come first served process.

Old 08-07-2023, 11:32 AM

25 posts, read 24,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 531PCV View Post
Are you looking for a 1 or 2 bed room? 2 bedrooms are not far off from that number: 1 bedrooms are a different story. Also the more conversations I have with the lottery office, the more I am convinced that the wait list is not truly a first come first served process.
I am looking for a one bedroom. I was contacted a year or so ago to submit documents but they only had 2 bedrooms available. I’m a single applicant so switching to a 2 bedroom was not an option for me.

Old 08-07-2023, 08:01 PM

12 posts, read 8,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz083 View Post
It was $2354. 647 E 14th St, Apt 2C. I somehow managed to get an app in for that one as well.
Did you manage to grab a screenshot of the floorplan or the available move in date?

That sounds like a great deal.

Old 08-07-2023, 08:03 PM

12 posts, read 8,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krs2 View Post
Everyone over 18 needs to submit the student status affidavit. However, in their application email they now say:

"In order to facilitate the timely submission of your application package, an un-notarized copy of the Student Status Affidavit may be provided along with the rest of your application package for initial review. Should you be found eligible and accept an apartment with the StuyTown Lottery, an original notarized Student Status Affidavit must be provided prior to signing a lease."

Truth be told, if you get an offer, you will Docusign everything and call it a day. I didn't have to get anything notarized.
Got it thank you! Does Stuytown process your application themselves or do they send it to the city?

Old 08-07-2023, 08:08 PM

40 posts, read 30,159 times
Only pictures I could find for 647 e. 14, apt 2C were on Streeteasy, but they were of a renovated apartment. It had seemed like they were only renting the unrenovated apartments for sub-3K, so I'm skeptical they are the actual pics. If they are, though, that's a great deal. Seems like one of the few apartments in this lottery that are actually affordable.

Old 08-08-2023, 05:14 AM

282 posts, read 279,568 times
2 Bed, 1 Bath

442 East 20th Street, Apt 0MH

Available Now

$4,375

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=ZXNnXBaFugP

Old 08-08-2023, 05:43 AM

282 posts, read 279,568 times
2 Bed, 1 Bath

449 East 14th Street, Apt 0MH

Available Now

$4,501

Old 08-08-2023, 05:52 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Wow, two well-priced two-bedrooms in ST today! And they were actually on the site long enough for interested parties to apply, it seems to me.

The one at 442 East 20th Street, Apt 0MH, is on the ground floor, which I can tell by looking out the windows. But I think it's a bit higher than the actual ground floor, so that people won't be looking into your windows as they walk by. And it's in a very good location, set back from East 20th St. It has the fancy “platinum” finish with the open kitchen!

The one at 449 East 14th Street, Apt 0MH, is also on the M level. Since there's no 3D tour, I can't tell which way it faces. That also has a good location, set back from 14th Street, near the First Avenue Loop. this one is actually set up as a three-bedroom, with the extra walls.

Good luck to all who applied!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 08-08-2023 at 06:00 AM..

Old 08-08-2023, 06:25 AM

134 posts, read 85,324 times
Am I the only one thinking $4,500 for a lottery apartment in Stuytown is not a great deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery