Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 07:58 AM

9,249 posts, read 24,110,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
It's possible but I can't imagine many Asians at this station. The demographics of this area is mostly blacks and hispanics.
Asians are the fastest growing demographic in every borough of NYC.They tend to cluster in pockets scattered all around The Bronx.Chinese have gone from a totally unnoticeable presence to a very noticeable presence in my neighborhood in just the last 5 years.

If you read some of the stories about this incident, some of the people quoted were neighbors of the dead man who were also Chinese.

There are 5 or 6 small businesses in my neighborhood that are owned by Chinese people and none of them existed 5 years ago.They are also buying lots of houses and apartments recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 08:01 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,271,546 times
Quote:
If you're at the station and 95% of the people on the platform are colored and 5% are Asians then I wouldn't conclude that this was a random act. I happen to live around this area before so I am familiar with the demographics in Kingsbridge.
Perhaps its both. But I would think for a racist schizo the schizo part would be the more dominant problem.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:09 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,948,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Asians are the fastest growing demographic in every borough of NYC.They tend to cluster in pockets scattered all around The Bronx.Chinese have gone from a totally unnoticeable presence to a very noticeable presence in my neighborhood in just the last 5 years.

If you read some of the stories about this incident, some of the people quoted were neighbors of the dead man who were also Chinese.

There are 5 or 6 small businesses in my neighborhood that are owned by Chinese people and none of them existed 5 years ago.They are also buying lots of houses and apartments recently.
Fastest growing but they are still only about 10% of the nyc population.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
If you're at the station and 95% of the people on the platform are colored and 5% are Asians then I wouldn't conclude that this was a random act. I happen to live around this area before so I am familiar with the demographics in Kingsbridge.
Didn't happen in Kingsbridge.The station was 167/Grand Concourse and the victim lived on Findlay Avenue,which is 4 or 5 blocks East of The Concourse.All of the news reports seem to have made incorrect statements about the neighborhood. Some have said Highbridge,some have said Kingsbridge. I think the area where it happened is actually Morrisania.

Media rarely get Bronx neighborhoods right.Most of them have no clue as to the geography of the borough and they are constantly misidentifying locations.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Fastest growing but they are still only about 10% of the nyc population.
As of 2010.Probably closer to 15 now and will be 20 by the next census.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:16 AM

5,168 posts, read 5,004,233 times
wow, those activists of ghetto rights are very quiet...no rants, no complaints, no nothing.....

not so long ago there was an asian old man got beaten to death by a ghetto animal in lower east side, and the usually loud group of ghetto defenders were dead quiet as well...hopefully mourning the death of the victim in silent shame...

i think I will start compiling a list of ghetto rightists on this forum... you all watch it...

Old 11-17-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Perhaps its both. But I would think for a racist schizo the schizo part would be the more dominant problem.
Without question. The average ghetto person isn't going just shove any chinaman onto the tracks.Had to be something seriously wrong with this one.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:21 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,948,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Didn't happen in Kingsbridge.The station was 167/Grand Concourse and the victim lived on Findlay Avenue,which is 4 or 5 blocks East of The Concourse.All of the news reports seem to have made incorrect statements about the neighborhood. Some have said Highbridge,some have said Kingsbridge. I think the area where it happened is actually Morrisania.

Media rarely get Bronx neighborhoods right.Most of them have no clue as to the geography of the borough and they are constantly misidentifying locations.
That area is mostly hispanic.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:25 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,422,129 times
Isn't Findlay Avenue Morrissania? If not, what neighborhood is that?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-17-2014, 11:11 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,657,590 times
Is Morrissania one of the worst neighborhoods in NYC? Asians mostly avoid unsafe neighborhoods. The victim couple are some sort of urban pioneers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City