Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2020, 10:26 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I just heard on the radio that a recent study estimated that more than 20% of NYC residents have antibodies already to covid-19. I wondered if your family were found to have antibodies, would you change your plans to leave? Or if you found out the virus was less lethal than you had previously thought? We all live with some risk in our lives and I wonder how you factor risk into your decision.
If I was still in NYC and I had anti bodies. I will still leave. Joygasim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 03:38 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
What do you hate about it?

I want to move there.
It’s dirty, overpriced, overcrowded, rude people, bad weather and now, the hot spot for this virus.

Most people I know that have left are so much happier and healthier.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:41 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,628 times
The poor are staying, the rich are leaving end of story.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:41 AM

588 posts, read 947,792 times
I realize there are lots of people hurting financially now,virus, etc but I'm pissed for not seeing this coming/leaving earlier. Not to go off on a rant but its going to be a bi*tch eventually selling my house. I have a shared driveway and live next to a**holes (not dangerous) including property disputes. Should have moved to Pa or NC where we have relatives. This virus made nyc even less appealing

Last edited by proroc; 04-24-2020 at 06:14 AM..

Old 04-24-2020, 06:30 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
We’re certainly considering it. My wife wants out bad and I’ve hated this city for a long time.
Like it or hate it,the following is only my opinion:
My sentiments ............I too and my wife same.
This city is in for a world of hurt once the fiscal quarter begins to unfold
and the federal food bank is dry to the cries of the blackmailing Mayor
and Governor.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:31 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
The poor are staying, the rich are leaving end of story.
Like it or hate it,the following is only my opinion:

The middle class ( what is ever left of it ) are leaving as well.

Old 04-24-2020, 06:54 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,153,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
I realize there are lots of people hurting financially now,virus, etc but I'm pissed for not seeing this coming/leaving earlier. Not to go off on a rant but its going to be a bi*tch eventually selling my house. I have a shared driveway and live next to a**holes (not dangerous) including property disputes. Should have moved to Pa or NC where we have relatives. This virus made nyc even less appealing

Be patient. Don't panic-sell your house. This crisis will pass. I'm not surprised your having arguments over a shared driveway. I've heard stories like yours for years. My advice to those looking for a new home is to never buy a home with a shared driveway. Your unfortunate experience bears that out.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:02 AM

185 posts, read 97,036 times
I've been wanting to leave this city for a while, much before the virus.

However, I may just stay around for a little bit actually. Depending on how things go, prices for real estate may drop. So I have to keep my peepers open.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:27 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Spoke to my agent yesterday. He has a lot of experience running one of the larger firms on Staten Island. He laid out a whole case for me as to why he doesn’t believe real estate on Staten Island will drop much if at all and told me May 15th is the date to put my home on the market if we decided to do it. So we have a lot to consider now over the next three weeks.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-24-2020, 07:52 AM

450 posts, read 475,013 times
Why would "your" salesman of an agent say anything negative about the state of the real estate industry aka his livelihood? The feds are kicking the can down the road when it comes to real estate all the while printing money out of thin air. Will real estate crash like oil? Highly doubt it. But to make an idiotic statement saying business as usual is irresponsible of him to say the least. "Your" agent doesn't care about you. He cares about himself. I do agree that the time to cash out is now. Only problem is you'll need luck to find a buyer at the right price. Otherwise you'll be stuck here for the next decade unless you want to sell at a loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City