Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2020, 06:37 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
You didn’t respond to my first statement.

Technically everyone on this thread including the other threads are assuming. Do you normally just accuse people who disagree with you as assuming people?
Nope, again, only you are. When someone says, “I want to move because this place sucks,” that’s their opinion, not an assumption. When YOU said, “All you people are privileged and poor,” (which makes no sense btw), you’re assuming.

Now run away alter ego for someone else. We’ll see you again in a few months.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
People who often brag about low taxes are often the biggest beggars of services and live in places where the poverty levels are at horrible levels because of low taxes.

These same “low” tax supporters will often go on to brag about the services Europeans and Canadians also receive. Ironically high taxed countries.
See... here’s two more assumptive statements about groups of people.

You don’t even know you’re doing.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-26-2020, 06:44 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
People who often brag about low taxes are often the biggest beggars of services and live in places where the poverty levels are at horrible levels because of low taxes.

Sort of like the Kentucky governor speaking on New York while his state is literally a state on federal welfare.

I’m all about high taxes if it goes to where it needs to go and provides services to the less fortunate.

These same “low” tax supporters will often go on to brag about the services Europeans and Canadians also receive. Ironically high taxed countries.
Your comments are getting more and more bizarre. What does that have to do with anything I´ve said?? It is possible, you know, to have high taxes but a very reasonable cost of living as they have in many European countries. That was precisely the point I made. By the way, NYC has very high taxes and there are areas that are extremely high in crime (and NY state also has high taxes and there are areas with a lot of crime). High taxes and less crime do not necessarily correlate.

European countries are indeed highly taxed (but not as much as people think). If you take into consideration the average payroll taxes in NYC, to name an example, PLUS you add to that health insurance premiums and state taxes AND LOCAL taxes and sales taxes...you actually pay a lot higher in taxes in NYC for a lot less than you do in Europe for a lot more. You just don't seem to get things.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:47 PM

700 posts, read 421,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
See... here’s two more assumptive statements about groups of people.

You don’t even know you’re doing.
Listening to the common complaints of Americans daily is assuming? Then again you are a baby boomer. There’s that!

Old 04-26-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
Your comments are getting more and more bizarre. What does that have to do with anything I´ve said?? It is possible, you know, to have high taxes but a very reasonable cost of living as they have in many European countries. That was precisely the point I made. By the way, NYC has very high taxes and there are areas that are extremely high in crime (and NY state also has high taxes and there are areas with a lot of crime). High taxes and less crime do not necessarily correlate.

European countries are indeed highly taxed (but not as much as people think). If you take into consideration the average payroll taxes in NYC, to name an example, PLUS you add to that health insurance premiums and state taxes AND LOCAL taxes and sales taxes...you actually pay a lot higher in taxes in NYC for a lot less than you do in Europe for a lot more. You just don't seem to get things.
Your responses get more bizzare. You say weird things and when corrected change your tune. Why are you still here. NYC would be a lot cheaper if the miserable people picked up their bags and left....today. The city would also be a lot less crowded

You actually haven’t seen high crime if you think NYC has that. All you gotta go is go to next door neighbor Newark to see what real high crime is.

Ironically you talk about healtcare premiums. The same healthcare that New Yorkers run back to when they have to deal with the atrocious healthcare available in the south which is displayed by the large amounts of people walking around with bad teeth?

Old 04-26-2020, 07:03 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,319,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Too much to explain here, depends when we decide to go. If I can continue to stomach NYS politics, I may move to my favorite place in the world, the Adirondacks. Otherwise PA is high on the list.
If I'm not mistaken, people upstate, including the Adirondacks area, dislike NYS politics and politicians. Why should they put up with NYS/NYC politics if their environment/area/lifestyle is different, if not much different? I'd venture to guess people in PA and NH are much happier with their government.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:04 PM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
Your responses get more bizzare. You say weird things and when corrected change your tune. Why are you still here. NYC would be a lot cheaper if the miserable people picked up their bags and left....today. The city would also be a lot less crowded

You actually haven’t seen high crime if you think NYC has that. All you gotta go is go to next door neighbor Newark to see what real high crime is.

Ironically you talk about healtcare premiums. The same healthcare that New Yorkers run back to when they have to deal with the atrocious healthcare available in the south which is displayed by the large amounts of people walking around with bad teeth?
What exactly have you "corrected"? You've corrected nothing. You choose to simply make up stuff as you go along and then go by your own personal desire to come up with your own conclusions. I already said I was leaving NYC as soon as the lockdown ends. I can't wait for May.

HAHA you mention Newark, which is in a state that is ALSO highly taxed! You just proved my point again.

Why should I be comparing healthcare in NY to the South? Did I say was "going to the South"? You seem obsessed with the South. Give it a rest. Bad teeth? You must hang out with some "colorful" people. I talk about healthcare premiums because I defend the idea that healthcare should be a fundamental right. That is obviously not something most people in this country will agree with though so I keep it mostly to myself.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Listening to the common complaints of Americans daily is assuming? Then again you are a baby boomer. There’s that!
Lol no even close. My parents are the youngest baby boomers. You’re a child. I can’t figure out which banned troll you are yet, but I will soon.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, people upstate, including the Adirondacks area, dislike NYS politics and politicians. Why should they put up with NYS/NYC politics if their environment/area/lifestyle is different, if not much different? I'd venture to guess people in PA and NH are much happier with their government.
Absolutely.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovas View Post
What exactly have you "corrected"? You've corrected nothing. You choose to simply make up stuff as you go along and then go by your own personal desire to come up with your own conclusions. I already said I was leaving NYC as soon as the lockdown ends. I can't wait for May.

HAHA you mention Newark, which is in a state that is ALSO highly taxed! You just proved my point again.

Why should I be comparing healthcare in NY to the South? Did I say was "going to the South"? You seem obsessed with the South. Give it a rest. Bad teeth? You must hang out with some "colorful" people. I talk about healthcare premiums because I defend the idea that healthcare should be a fundamental right. That is obviously not something most people in this country will agree with though so I keep it mostly to myself.
Your point was not proven cause NYC is in a high taxed state and is one of the safest largest cities in the nation.

Low taxed states are also some of the most crime filled with states per cap.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rate/40968963/

As a matter of fact the most dangerous cities that make the top 25 most murderous list are generally located in more low taxes states than high taxed states.

Los Angeles, San Francisco, NYC are on neither of these list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City