Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2020, 06:37 AM

910 posts, read 752,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
I don’t own a home yet. I am single and do not need all the space for now. Just know I have lots of money in the bank and when I get married I’ll buy my house before the marriage gets down.

I’m not going to take my wife to an apartment like the rest of you would.
Who said anything about going to "an apartment"?? You've got some issues! Why would any rational person who wants to NOT live in an apartment go on to live in one outside NYC? That would defeat the entire purpose of leaving the city if one of your reasons is NOT to live in an Apartment or to get more land and bang for your buck.

OK, you have "lots of money". Aren't you special!? Not impressed.

Still haven't signed up for that NYC welfare right? I thought you said it was such a great deal and that the poor are living high! Sign up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 07:48 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Uh what lol. I don’t have financial issues.

Why would you assume that. What a bizarre thing to say
This persons entire posts are constructed of assumptions.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-26-2020, 07:53 AM

700 posts, read 421,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This persons entire posts are constructed of assumptions.
This entire thread is based of assumptions if you want to get technical. I really hope you didn’t think that the only people assuming are the ones who disagree with you?

Old 04-26-2020, 07:58 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
This entire thread is based of assumptions if you want to get technical. I really hope you didn’t think that the only people assuming are the ones who disagree with you?
You’re the only one constantly droning on about other people’s thoughts, lives and even their pasts. Everyone is talking about their own lives, aka, not assumptions.

You’re immature too.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-26-2020, 08:26 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
A friend of mine recently moved to PA...(not where I would go-too cold and too much snow lol)..but she's a lifelong NYer..she can't believe how much she loves it there. First thing she said to me is she can't believe how much nicer everyone is...she's basically renting a huge, lakeside house with 4 bedrooms and an acre of land for $1,500 a month. She paid over 3,000 a month for an attached town home here on SI with awful neighbors and less space.

I'm current renting a 790 sq foot condo for 1300 a month, and huge electric bills and crappy neighbors as well. I'm really looking forward to the day I can live somewhere and not share walls with people lol.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:40 AM

910 posts, read 752,632 times
Quote:
A friend of mine recently moved to PA...(not where I would go-too cold and too much snow lol)..but she's a lifelong NYer..she can't believe how much she loves it there. First thing she said to me is she can't believe how much nicer everyone is...she's basically renting a huge, lakeside house with 4 bedrooms and an acre of land for $1,500 a month. She paid over 3,000 a month for an attached town home here on SI with awful neighbors and less space.

I'm current renting a 790 sq foot condo for 1300 a month, and huge electric bills and crappy neighbors as well. I'm really looking forward to the day I can live somewhere and not share walls with people lol.
I've recently been looking at centuries old homes (in other countries) that need rehab but have a simple base price of $4000 (if in a rural area). Imagine that -- land, historical settings and if you enjoy simple living, a house built to last hundreds of years and without NYC taxes, aggro culture and pretentiousness. I never believe any place is a utopia, because humans ruin everything. I can definitely say though that some places are far better than NYC depending on your value system.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:53 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:

Where does your friend work?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-26-2020, 10:13 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Where does your friend work?
She doesn’t..her husband does construction and he gets more work out there than he did in the city.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:39 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
She doesn’t..her husband does construction and he gets more work out there than he did in the city.
Good for them, whatever you can do to make your ideal situation work, do it

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-26-2020, 11:26 AM

874 posts, read 453,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

Am I that transparent? lol. You've got me pegged!

I'm not leaving NYC. It has to get a lot worse than this for me to leave. And if things do get rough,

I'd rather go to another country than anywhere else in the US. I've been to other places
and other countries and yeah, they're ok. Some things are better there than here but all in all, I love
NYC, warts and all. I'm not going anywhere.

Sometimes, I "dream" of living somewhere else but who am I kidding?

Really ? what's wrong with "anywhere else in the U.S.?"

what kind of an american are you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City