Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 07:49 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,082,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Jturr hasn't been her since 12/15. He is, or was, a very bright guy. For a few years, he started a Dumpster Diving thread toward near the end of the year. There was always a lot of conflict and disagreement. He loved it. I miss him.
Jtur88 was the most amazing guy. Don't see how one person could have possibly packed so many experiences into just one lifetime. He lived in nondescript coastal Victoria, Texas, but claimed to have visited, it seemed, nearly every country on earth, and every county in every state. In the last post I saw, he was getting ready to visit another one of the obscure Central Asian republics by himself and explore. His profile listed his real name, which he said was Lithuanian. I plugged it into "Google Images" and it showed a photo of an old grizzled guy. Said his wife was from Newfoundland where he lived for many years.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:02 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It wouldn't be the first poster to report their own death.

But yes, reincarnation happens frequently around here. Sometimes it's easy to figure out, other times not. All of you have "tells", as in poker. Phrases you use, words you misspell, styles of writing. You develop a spidey sense about them. I have one recurring troll who must have had a dozen names by now. I usually know when she is here, and I just wait until she misspells the same word the way she always does. Nobody else spells it that way.
That's pretty pathetic IMO. Why wouldn't you want to keep the same screen name, build up the rep, and so forth... I'll be beergeek40 forever on here, or at least until they boot me off for good, lol

Old 09-26-2021, 10:06 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,158,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That's pretty pathetic IMO. Why wouldn't you want to keep the same screen name, build up the rep, and so forth... I'll be beergeek40 forever on here, or at least until they boot me off for good, lol
Well that's just it. These people get booted and are forced to come back with a new name.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:17 PM

What happened to that one very troubled woman who used to post in Romantic Relationships? I think she was British, and her boyfriend was something like Romanian, and a few years younger. He treated her like garbage, and she had such low self esteem that she couldn't leave him. He went on a solo trip to Thailand and ended up traveling with two women his own age.

Then there was the young woman who worked at McDonalds for a spell, had a bum leg, mother and sister were drug abusers. She was dating this predatory older guy (probably married) for a while. He kept promising her a trip to France that never materialized. She wanted to become a lawyer but never seemed to make strides towards that goal. In her last set of posts, she had thought she'd gotten married to a guy, but it had somehow turned out to be a sham wedding. I had a lot of sympathy for her, though. Some people here would just rag on her for her choices (there was one guy who would only ever post on her threads, and always to mock her and remind her of the bad choices she'd made in the past). Others really felt for her and wanted to help her, since she obviously had zero guidance in life, yet seemed to have a brain underneath all of the mishaps.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Who knows, maybe he is the latest iteration of RetiredNow- got tired of being retired. I have to admit that people were really good at spotting RN. Sometimes it would just be one or two posts before he was spotted and banned.
Oh, I had that guy's number (I used to have a different name, got it "legally" changed via the mods). I could sniff him out so easily. I got in trouble for it a couple of times, too. It used to be that you couldn't even invoke his name. You had to work it into a sentence, all sly-like.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:37 PM

17,793 posts, read 9,233,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimidae View Post
Then there was the young woman who worked at McDonalds for a spell, had a bum leg, mother and sister were drug abusers. She was dating this predatory older guy (probably married) for a while. He kept promising her a trip to France that never materialized. She wanted to become a lawyer but never seemed to make strides towards that goal. In her last set of posts, she had thought she'd gotten married to a guy, but it had somehow turned out to be a sham wedding. I had a lot of sympathy for her, though. Some people here would just rag on her for her choices (there was one guy who would only ever post on her threads, and always to mock her and remind her of the bad choices she'd made in the past). Others really felt for her and wanted to help her, since she obviously had zero guidance in life, yet seemed to have a brain underneath all of the mishaps.
She was on here not too long ago. She got pregnant from a one-night-stand.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:37 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,566,868 times
Quote:
What happened to that one very troubled woman who used to post in Romantic Relationships? I think she was British, and her boyfriend was something like Romanian, and a few years younger. He treated her like garbage, and she had such low self esteem that she couldn't leave him. He went on a solo trip to Thailand and ended up traveling with two women his own age.

I remember both posters.

The latter one started a thread about a month or so ago. (I don't want to mention her by either of her usernames to preserve her privacy in case she comes on here to read from time to time.) Sadly, she found herself pregnant by a man who didn't wish to be a father to the point that he was harassing her to terminate the pregnancy against her wishes. The thread was closed as it wasn't appropriate for the forum. She seemed like such a nice, sweet person who repeatedly attracted men who were around to take advantage of her, then drop her as soon as she gathered the strength to call them out for their poor behavior. I honestly wish her the best as I think that if she can access the proper support (which isn't the easiest thing to do in her state of residence), she's going to be a loving, decent mother.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,451,279 times
Over in the Los Angeles forum, when I first joined in 2006, we had a regular poster "Charles" who was so prolific he had over 25K posts accumulated by 2013, and then he just disappeared ("no longer a member" or whatever that saying is) inexplicably. I always enjoyed reading his posts and I often wonder what happened to him. He never seemed to post anything offensive or controversial, so it is really a mystery.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:41 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,451,279 times
Quote:

What about the guy who at some point was known as brahmabull (he reincarnated with probably 20+ different handles), posted relentlessly about how rich he was, what a phenomenal employee he was at the used car lot he worked at, and how he could never score with the women who he believed were of high enough caliber for him to consider a relationship with them. One of the relationship regulars figured out who he was based on his location and the data he supplied, and kind of doxxed him. Over the years, his age was always given as 29, and he had shared photos of himself as evidence of his awesomeness with some of the many handles he created. He had so many specific physical features he was seeking in his potential mate, it was like he was ordering a custom piece of furniture or something. It also made it so easy to spot his latest attempt to lament his woes in finding his dream mate. Oh, I almost forgot, he would also describe in great detail how amazingly attractive his physical features were, Adonis would hide in shame!

It's been a while, so I'm hoping he found his dream girl and they are making lots of little physically perfect little babies!

Old 09-27-2021, 10:14 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,252,850 times
Default Very sad also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'll add my dismay about this, stepka. I wish a change for you in that regard.
Very sad also.
Sending prayers to Stepka
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships