Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 06:45 PM

774 posts, read 1,860,331 times

Advertisements

What clap-trap some of this "thinking" is!

Pure self-centered brainwashing and little of it based upon deeper investigation into Behaviorism or what motivates the human psychie.
Quote:
i.e. "... Part of being a woman is being the fairer sex. We are nurturing, loving, compassionate, and empathetic by nature; there are warrior women, women that are tough as nails and could put some of the toughest men to shame, but for the most part our sex is the softer one. JMHO
REALLY??
We live in an offender-protective society with an agenda to "Divide and Conquer" ... and that's certainly includes divisions between gender and sexuality.

So Mariaez149 thinks there are simply "Warrior Women" who are tough as nails and that's the answer?
(and women can't be President because they're all simply powerless over their emotions and would nuke have the world away if she was pissed?? ??

Oy Vey!!
Put your usual female, "tough as nails" woman in an environment where men don't hesitate to bust her in the mouth.. (and worst) ... and in a very short period of time, that spoiled ... "brat" ... drama queen comes into compliance... unless she's simply mentally ill... and in those places such people don't live long.

Also, two female West Point graduates just completed Army Ranger training.
It's a FIRST.
And... they are officers.
Thank God they're not as stupid as the type of women Mariaze149 described. They are trained leaders, capable of balanced decision making. They look out for all their troops... and no... when that aviator lifts off in an "armed-to-the-teeth" Apache helicopter, she isn't flying around blasting rockets at anything that moves just because.. "it's that time of the month."

Reading some of these irresponsible ... "take no responsibility" replies sheds light on what motivates some people to get away with bad behavior and the results of human beings (male and female) not going inside themselves and doing the inner work --spiritual... or even metaphysical-- work necessary to mature their emotions and seek higher responses to life, rather than dwelling in their lower, more childish meanderings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 07:15 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,099,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
A friendship across genders is possible, if the male is a Quirky-alone.
...or gay...

Old 08-21-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Straight guy's perspective here: You are absolutely correct. I personally don't see the point of being platonic "friends" with a woman. There's just no reason to do that. The time I'm spending talking/going out casually with a woman who's just a platonic friend could be better spent trying to get together with a woman who wants more than just friendship. That's just the way it is. I guess men & women are wired differently...

The only way a platonic friendship with a woman would even possibly work would be if I wasn't attracted to her physically. But, if that were the case, I wouldn't be hanging out with her in the first place...
Thanks for speaking truth. I just enjoy the friendships while they last, knowing they're doomed...

Last edited by otterhere; 08-21-2015 at 07:37 AM..

Old 08-21-2015, 07:49 AM

Default Whaaattt????

WOW ... and shallow ... SHALLOW men too!!

I'm in my 60s, and thank GOD, I've met and enjoyed some wonderful women friends.. PEOPLE who are still my friends. (Not many--but that's on me.)

But yeah, I was originally attracted to them.
And they put the "chill" brakes on me... but we discovered that we LIKED each other and had information for each other... so we remained friends through the years. If we're simply blind slaves to our biology, then we miss the growth and wisdom half the world has to share with us!

(But yeah ... I also had to get out of my 20s when all that testosterone was blinding me to everything --EXCEPT how her jeans fit to begin realizing this ... )

Maybe that's part of the problem? from early puberty to ... mid-30s, we give women soOOOooo much attention ... due to "child bearing" drives and the desire for sex and love. Their mothers tell them they have something special they have to protect. (Which is true... ((LOL)) ... but EVERY woman has the same ... biology...) It's not until our 50s that most men begin to realize that sex is a bit over-rated. (Or does that happen in our 60s...)

It's not fun being led around by our biology.
Vain, mean, hostile, arrogant women miss a lot... and the men who could love them miss a lot because of it. But look at how many bitter, distorted, really mentally screwed up old women there are because of this crap.

(There's some "Middle-Age" women on YouTube channels who are now organizing around THEIR FEELING that men are still crap because they won't "step up" and marry or even date them... now that they've stabbed them in the backs and had them fired to eliminate the competition. Now that they're getting older, they suddenly want a man to go on vacations with. That rose has FADED. The ship has left the dock. And they're still blaming men for not being masochistic enough to wrap our arms around the cactus of their wonderful beings... )

Like I said.... it's the first time in my lifetime that I'm observing so many WOMEN coming out against Feminism because the rage and the anger has become so extreme that it's no longer grounded anywhere close to reality. Just.. "We're sugar and spice you bastard and we're BETTER than you criminal slime cruds and we're gonna make you SUFFER!!")
"Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
What point theology and philosophy if we can't do any better than this?

William Shakespeare once wrote: "If you think you came into the world to bite it, 'tis teeth ye have in your head."

That's what far, FAR too many American women seem to have... in .. their ... heads...

Old 08-21-2015, 07:53 AM

Default ... but on the other hand ....

Outtahere may be onto something though... friendship is one thing-- but people need to watch hanging onto unrequited love-- over time, it's a killer. Emotionally, psychologically, and even physically.

[Read about, "Heart Strings."]

Old 08-22-2015, 01:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I've spent my entire career working in healthcare. Healthcare is largely a workforce made up of women.

In my 20 years of working, starting as an hourly associate and now as a Director at a very large hospital network( I've worked in 6 different hospitals)........I can see why many women are not friends with other women.

Some of the nastiest and most negitive people working in the hopitals are women. It's hard for me to believe some of them have children and boyfriends/husbands. It's vey toxic to say the least. I am not saying men are not toxic, but I can clearly see why many women don't have women friends.

The level of meaness and cattiness is overbearing at times. It's actually unforunate because many of them think their behavior is "just fine".

What are your theories?
They are (a) very young or (b) don't have children.

In my younger days; I always hung out with the guys too mostly. I just didn't feel like I had that much in common with other women; I had a man's job in a big company.

THEN, I had a kid and suddenly I was part of the club! Truthfully, I could not have made it as a working Mom if it weren't for the fabulous women friends I made to give me advice; carpool with; share stories with; compare school notes with . . . . laugh and cry with.

Good women friends keep us STRONG. A little lesson I've learned along the way.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
You sound like one of the exceptions to the rule. Our new manager was a younger woman and our old manager was an older man. She is why I quit the job I loved for ten years. There is another woman manager above her that I didn't particularly care for that came up to me one day and gave me her cell phone number. WHY? That was just weird. I don't have to work to survive so I voted with my feet on the matter. It's amazing how two people can destroy a department in a few short weeks. I've also seen an older woman manager from a different discipline in with our new manager for over an hour. One can only guess what went on behind closed doors there. It's a very small hospital and nothing stays secret for long. I've never seen moral so bad and people leave on such a mass exodus in the ten years I've worked there. I feel sorry for the ones stuck in their misery. I don't understand why women can't control their emotions better, especially in upper management. That new manager that gave me her cell phone number even told me some really personal things that were incredibly sad. I just saw it as a way to try to manipulate me. I agree that sociopathic women in upper management are scary. I'm afraid you have a long way to go before you retire dear one. I hope it's smooth sailing for you.[/quote]

Good Lord I've never seen such generalizations. Both the best boss and every had and the WORST boss I ever had was a man. A man who angered quickly, clenched his fists when he got mad; tried to control my EVERY move; and then told me it was all for my own good.

But did I take that instance and extrapolate it to ALL men are horrible bosses? No; because I'm not an idiot. Everyone in their career is going run across a bad boss from time to time; it may be male or it may be female. Females are usually the target, however, of a bully-type boss either male or female.

I've had some great women bosses and others that were just so-so; but none of the extremes that I've had with men.

It was the women bosses that took me by the hand and led me up the corporate ladder though and the men that simply wanted me to stay where I was and not dare surpass them.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:53 AM

"THEN, I had a kid and suddenly I was part of the club!"

Oh, lawd; not "the mommy club" again...

That's likely my problem; most married women with children don't have much in common with footloose-and-fancy-free single/childless women, nor do they want their husbands exposed to them...

Old 08-23-2015, 08:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,763,786 times
I would really have to wonder about a man who claimed he didn't really get along with other men because he found them all to be domineering, sports-obsessed philanderers while he was of course "not like that" and much more comfortable as one of the girls.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:10 AM

Yeah; while there are many reasons a woman would want to be "just friends" with a man, there are very few reasons any man would want to be "just friends" with a woman. Alas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships