Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 05:43 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,388,746 times

Advertisements

My dad sits around & listens ppl argue about politics all day ... i mean i don’t judge or care. It’s “interesting” to say the least but he likes it. Whatever makes ya happy i guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 10:56 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
Right now, I would love nothing more than to sit around and do nothing but watch movies for a few weeks. I’ve had to plan and coordinate two moves in the last few months and a wedding and oversee $200,000 in upgrades and improvements to our new house. Every single day has been full of stress and lack of sleep for so many months I can’t remember the last time I just got to do nothing. You’d be surprised how underrated doing nothing is.

To quote Office Space, “I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I hoped it would be!”

Old 09-06-2019, 11:13 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,050,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Right now, I would love nothing more than to sit around and do nothing but watch movies for a few weeks. I’ve had to plan and coordinate two moves in the last few months and a wedding and oversee $200,000 in upgrades and improvements to our new house. Every single day has been full of stress and lack of sleep for so many months I can’t remember the last time I just got to do nothing. You’d be surprised how underrated doing nothing is.

To quote Office Space, “I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I hoped it would be!”

You know, you like to flash your cash a bit too much to be believable.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:07 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You know, you like to flash your cash a bit too much to be believable.
Yep. So busy making money yet all this time to post here. LOL. He's not the only unbelievable millionaire on here.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yep. So busy making money yet all this time to post here. LOL. He's not the only unbelievable millionaire on here.

Yep. People who constantly talk about the money or sex they have aren't typically getting much of either.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:01 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,641,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
And yet here I am, still having the time to do whatever I want. Isn’t that crazy? Makes you wonder how you’re using your time, I guess? It must be a confusing world when you think working is the only way to make money. My money makes money, I don’t have to be working. That’s the great part about being wealthy - it creates wealth. But if you had any money, you’d know that. I’m happy it helps you sleep better at night in your fantasy world, though. My life doesn’t change lol whatever you believe doesn’t matter, only reality matters. I think you know that, though.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
And yet here I am, still having the time to do whatever I want. Isn’t that crazy? Makes you wonder how you’re using your time, I guess? It must be a confusing world when you think working is the only way to make money. My money makes money, I don’t have to be working. That’s the great part about being wealthy - it creates wealth. But if you had any money, you’d know that. I’m happy it helps you sleep better at night in your fantasy world, though. My life doesn’t change lol whatever you believe doesn’t matter, only reality matters. I think you know that, though.

Dude. Nobody believes you.

I know any number of wealthy people. Multi-generational money people. People who built national banks and retail chains. International construction companies. Holy crap, I go to church with a bona-fide billionaire. Guess what? None of them talk about their wealth and none of them certainly indulges in some kind of weird d*ck-wagging contest about their money. Not. A. Single. One. Because a) doing so is a sign of deep and profound insecurity and b) it's not good manners. In fact, if you have a conversation with them and the subject turns to money, without exception they poor mouth.

Okay. Now run along down to the Lamborghini dealership and take a selfie of yourself behind the wheel and use it as proof. We'll wait here.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:04 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
I'm 63, retired, and loving it. I, too, keep my recliner company quite a bit. Well at least when I can keep my dog out of it. There's a lot of days I don't do hardly anything, but still keep busy. With my wife down with back problems (and now a broken wrist from a fall in the bathroom), I'll stick a load of laundry in the washer knowing I don't have to rush to the basement to put it in the dryer as soon as it's done washing. I may let the dishes pile up a little. It's not much, mainly her coffee cups and my glasses and silverware since we eat off styrofoam. But they get clean and the kitchen stays clean. I keep the house clean. I agree with what my dad used to say. I get it done, I just pace myself.

Old 09-12-2019, 04:40 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
My father is like this. Always been like this, now that he’s retired, it’s even worse. He just sits around the house, maybe watching a bit of t.v. or playing around with his smartphone. I’d be bored outta of my mind just sitting around and just daydreaming to pass time. I don’t understand how someone not realize there’s more to life than just sitting around everyday
When you retire, you can do what you want to do and not be concerned about someone who thinks they know what's good for them. Get back to us at that time.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:57 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,756,087 times
As long as they're healthy and somewhat happy with not doing much then so be it. Maybe get him out of the house every now and again just to keep him moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships