Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 12:17 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,339,007 times

Advertisements

Relatives are back on the east coast. Been mostly alone for Thanksgiving even when I was nearby but don't care. This is my day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2019, 03:40 PM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times
Alone including no pets.

I did not leave my apartment today. Too depressing to go out. I have to get up at 4:30 to go to work tomorrow anyway.

I have friends but most are coupled up, have their own families, or just live too far. I didn't receive an invite either. Don't have very much in the way of family.
I think this is 8 years in a row now. I don't impose myself on anyone, so...

Old 11-28-2019, 04:52 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,071,084 times
I’m going to miss my Mom this year.
She is in her 80’s and has a really bad cold.
She only lives a couple miles from us so we will deliver a nice plate to her.
Mom and us are going on holiday for a couple weeks in 2 weeks so she wants to be healthy for that.
I think this is her first Thanksgiving alone.
Happy Thanksgiving Folks

Old 11-28-2019, 05:51 PM

12,058 posts, read 10,264,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Relatives are back on the east coast. Been mostly alone for Thanksgiving even when I was nearby but don't care. This is my day.
I feel the same way

It has been a quiet peaceful day.

Cleaned and mopped. Made some food. Watched Hallmark channel!

Old 11-28-2019, 05:53 PM

12,058 posts, read 10,264,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
When I first moved sixty miles away from where I had spent my first 50+ years, I spent New Year's Eve alone and looked forward to it.

I got on the couch with some snacks and fell asleep watching TV around 10. Woke up sometime after midnight and went to bed.

Then I woke up around 6:30 remembering that the guy on TV had said what time sunrise would be in the morning...it was something like 7:11, IIRC.

I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes, and drove the six miles to see the sun come up over the ocean, and took this photo, January 1, 2011. It remains one of my best New Year's memories ever. It was a time of new beginnings.
That is what i want to do! Spend Thanksgiving at the beach. I don't even care if i am by myself!

I want to spend all of November, December, January and Feb at the beach!!!!

Old 11-28-2019, 07:43 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,058 times
I'm alone in a room full of people.

Old 11-28-2019, 07:51 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,712,143 times
I didn't go back home this year. I was going to, but some.....weird drama....going on with my dad left me without a place to stay, and while my cousins would be willing to have me, it'd be awkward for a number of reasons. (I love my cousins, but they are *extremely* extroverted, and I am more introverted--I enjoy my time with them, but I do need downtime from people, and they tend to not understand this.) And given the finances this year, getting a hotel room plus a car to get around was out of the question, so I elected to stay home.

I did invite a friend over, however, who was in a situation where she wasn't able to be with her family either. We ate foods we wanted, and binge-watched some sci-fi shows we like.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:20 AM

63 posts, read 29,714 times
Well, I am here the day after TG, with tears streaming down my face. Today is my daughters 46th BD, hoping she is still alive. She has been missing since 1989, she disappeared between TG and Xmas. Today is also the specific day of the week of her birth. Always hurts so much more.

My house used to be the one everyone wanted an invite to for TG. I now rent a room in someone else’s home. I am on the kidney diet so no traditional dinner for me, no glass of wine or fancy drink.

I have not celebrated Xmas since, traded it for Yule. TG found my late husband and myself hosting every “single” person we knew, in her honor. Xmas found us serving at The Lighthouse, how most local homeless shelter. We fulfilled wishes from the local wishing tree at the feed store. Part of me died with him in 2002. I lost everything then.

I’m sick, impoverished, heartsick and hanging on by my last toenail until the “holidays” are over.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:28 AM

88,520 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it Mightyqueen. Where was it taken?
Long Branch, New Jersey.

And you are welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:34 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,712,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehaired View Post
Well, I am here the day after TG, with tears streaming down my face. Today is my daughters 46th BD, hoping she is still alive. She has been missing since 1989, she disappeared between TG and Xmas. Today is also the specific day of the week of her birth. Always hurts so much more.

My house used to be the one everyone wanted an invite to for TG. I now rent a room in someone else’s home. I am on the kidney diet so no traditional dinner for me, no glass of wine or fancy drink.

I have not celebrated Xmas since, traded it for Yule. TG found my late husband and myself hosting every “single” person we knew, in her honor. Xmas found us serving at The Lighthouse, how most local homeless shelter. We fulfilled wishes from the local wishing tree at the feed store. Part of me died with him in 2002. I lost everything then.

I’m sick, impoverished, heartsick and hanging on by my last toenail until the “holidays” are over.
Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. Sending you a hug from Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships