Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 09:23 AM

329 posts, read 250,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Whataboutism had been normalized and rationalized in unfathomable levels in the past few years.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, bash Trump and his supporters. Yall dont even realize the underlying reasons he was elected.

At least the Republicans usually halfway listen. We at least got a minor tax cut from them. Of course, now the Repubs are wondering why we aren't that excited about it. Gee, maybe because yall cut huge amounts of taxes for the corporations and rich and only moderately for the middle class? Folks with a billion dollars dont need a tax cut, folks with 80 grand do.

Democrats just sweep the reasons Trump was elected under the rug and throw some racist homophobe cards around when what y'all really need to do is talk to Jim Webb and Joe Manchin and say "What's up with the middle class?".

But I tell you what, I look forward to the day the Lord comes back, calls those whom are born again up to Him, and installs his 1000 year reign on Earth where there wont be no dumb politics or rich folks with billions of dollars trying to suck more money out of poor folks.

Last edited by Backwoods Baptist; 09-12-2019 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post
That sounds like a loophole to me. Call it clever use of procedures, or a loophole, or a political strategy, whatever it is, it was entirely by the rules.

And some of the Dems knew it. You cant walk out of the chamber and not notice all the members of the other side staying and not think something is up.

The dems knew, they let it happen because they're not concerned about the Senate, and because they think they stand to gain political points from playing victim, just as Repubs did when Obama was president on a national level.

I would prefer that instead of all this, they both overhaul the education system in NC in regards to teacher pay and performance reviews, but both sides are currently busy trying to gain power Haha. I suppose it wouldn't be politics without that.
No one walked out of a chamber leaving others behind. That's either ignorance of facts or a lie. Democrats relied on what they had been told about no votes that morning, and used the time to do things like attend 9/11 memorial services.

Of course business as usual for repulsive Republicans who seem to think that "winning" by lying and cheating is standard practice

Old 09-12-2019, 09:26 AM

555 posts, read 501,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
When have Dems done something like this? This whataboutism won't fly.
I do not agree with what was done yesterday. However, a time those of us living in NC years ago might remember when we literally woke up to having a new state lottery due to a sneaky last-minute hastily called midnight vote that many of the members of legislature couldn't make it to comes to mind. That was when the Dems were in power and led by the crook (literal criminal) Jim Black.

Don't agree with many moves the current legislature has pulled. Including this last one. But it hasn't happened in a complete vacuum. Some of the people who were voted in in recent years are there in reaction to less-than-ideal members of the legislature in previous terms.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:32 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,644,866 times
Quote:
Yes it is normal, and attempts to demonize it are ludicrous. I'm sure your Satan guy is proud.
Its NOT normal. You're flat wrong.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
It's not whaboutism at all. I am saying that using procedures to find loopholes is something politicians have done since Marbury vs. Madison. Hardly worth crying over.
Its not a "loophole". It deception based on an outright lie, and a lack of honesty and integrity. And you're supporting that.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Its not a "loophole". It deception based on an outright lie, and a lack of honesty and integrity. And you're supporting that.
Looks like we cant agree on the word loophole.

Also, you're talking about politicians. I wouldn't he looking for honesty or integrity anywhere in their vincinity.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Its NOT normal. You're flat wrong.
It IS normal. You're flat wrong.

Son, come on back when you start dealing a full deck of cards. Unless you come up with something substantive I'm not going to discuss anything with you.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:45 AM

We don't have to agree, we can simply go to the dictionary:

Loophole: an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules.

Lie: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive.

Strange that a "christian" would sink into the gutter of moral relativism. Well, actually I guess it isn't.

Last edited by Edward Teach; 09-12-2019 at 10:01 AM..

Old 09-12-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Son, come on back when you start dealing a full deck of cards. Unless you come up with something substantive I'm not going to discuss anything with you.
Says everyone on the internet who's been proven wrong and has nowhere else to go with the discussion.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:56 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
This is part of the political process.

Apparently next we are going to hear about how filibusters, and budget reconciliation is destroying democracy.

All sides do it, just like Gerrymandering, so please stop with the virtue signaling.
This is as simple as how one would properly raise kids... just because others do something doesn't justify the continued practice. I mean, it's basic common sense. "Dad, little Billy stole candy from the store, I was just following him". I mean... come on.

So not only doesn't your argument hold any water (unless we are discussing toddlers), the last part of your statement here really is telling. The "virtue signaling" is rampant everywhere on both sides. Yet, you believe "the other side" can't virtue signal? By your own argument the virtue signaling should be OK because "All sides do it".

So thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina