Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 06:06 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
it's tomorrow! I'll let you know!
Oops- sorry - losing track of my C-D timeline over here!! Hope it is enjoyable though!!

Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Oops- sorry - losing track of my C-D timeline over here!! Hope it is enjoyable though!!
It's one of those things I put off until the kids were in school. Their first day back I made apts for an eyebrow wax and a hair cut!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
It's one of those things I put off until the kids were in school. Their first day back I made apts for an eyebrow wax and a hair cut!
Ah, that's awesome!! I hope you have fun!

And also explains why I haven't managed to get my hair cut in about a year! Maybe when DS starts preschool...

Old 08-07-2011, 09:15 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ah, that's awesome!! I hope you have fun!

And also explains why I haven't managed to get my hair cut in about a year! Maybe when DS starts preschool...
Ya, I quit coloring my hair after my first was born. I am just now finally feeling like I can take a little time for myself. I think I'm turning a corner!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:00 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I have long curly hair, and so far not too grey, but I am always nervous that I'll be that woman with long gray curly hair who looks like a witch! I am not good about spending money on myself, so don't know how well I'd maintain a short do with color. Also my hair grows at an alarming rate, so color would have to be maintained regularly. I dunno..........
I have a similar fear. Since I have blonde hair, it's not too noticeable but I fear one day I'll look like a washed out witch. There's an older woman up the street who has long white hair. white. white. I'm afraid I'll become that washed out and not realize it.

I colored mine for the first time at the beginning of the year. I didn't really like the color or the cut, but I couldn't go to someone else since the girl who did it is DS's friend. So I let it grow out.

My second fear is that I'll look like one of those blondes who have color growing out---that you can see the roots from a distance, the top and bottom halves of the hair different colors. But the color was a good match to my shade and it faded out fairly well. I think I'm safe. I hold a mirror up to see the back and I don't see different colors.

The good news is DS's friend moved to Seattle so I can go get my hair done by someone else without hurting her feeligns.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 AM

Help! My pesto was terrible!

I have no idea what I did wrong. It wasn't the flavor that was terrible. It was the texture. It was more of a paste than a sauce. I couldn't get it to toss with the noodles well. Was I supposed to heat it first? The instrucitons say to just pour onto the noodles. It didn't pour. It was more like a solid. I didn't want to add more olive oil because I hate pesto that is too oily. I did use the amount (1 cup) designated in the recipe. I was so disappointed.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:44 AM

13,424 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Morning!

Sorry about your pesto Hopes. I dunno, I would have heated it up in the pan with the pasta, but that can cause it to separate I think, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Ask coop, I bet she knows.

I haven't had a hair cut and color for 2 years or something. It's really getting too long and yuckky. I was seriously considering cutting it myself the other day too. It just costs so much to get it done - haven't really set any aside for it. I'm going to look out for a Groupon for it.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
I haven't had your problem with my pesto Hopes. Usually it just sort of melts into the pasta and thins out just fine. I would try adding some of the pasta water to it next time, just enough to give it the consistency you want.

Off to the lake today. Not quite a beach, but the best we can do around here.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I haven't had your problem with my pesto Hopes. Usually it just sort of melts into the pasta and thins out just fine. I would try adding some of the pasta water to it next time, just enough to give it the consistency you want.
That's similar to the solution I planned to try next. I was thinking that adding a little chicken broth might solve the problem.

I also was wondering if my food processor isn't good enough. It's just a cheap thing. Maybe it didn't "process" it enough.

Hmmmmmmmm.......can I make my family eat pesto every night until I get it right?

Old 08-08-2011, 08:52 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Good Morning All! I hope everyone is well this morning?

We have Shark Week hangover in our house today, it's like the day after Christmas and everyone is gloomy.

Lot's to do this week before school starts. DD wants to get all her hair cut off . DS is determined to grow his long. And I realized today that the only shoes DS has that fit at the moment are flip-flops. That should tell you what type of summer we have had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I have a similar fear. Since I have blonde hair, it's not too noticeable but I fear one day I'll look like a washed out witch. There's an older woman up the street who has long white hair. white. white. I'm afraid I'll become that washed out and not realize it.

I colored mine for the first time at the beginning of the year. I didn't really like the color or the cut, but I couldn't go to someone else since the girl who did it is DS's friend. So I let it grow out.

My second fear is that I'll look like one of those blondes who have color growing out---that you can see the roots from a distance, the top and bottom halves of the hair different colors. But the color was a good match to my shade and it faded out fairly well. I think I'm safe. I hold a mirror up to see the back and I don't see different colors.

The good news is DS's friend moved to Seattle so I can go get my hair done by someone else without hurting her feeligns.
I'm always nervous at the prospect of friends or aquaintances doing my hair for that reason. My hair is one or two shades off black, so once the grey really comes in, I'm going to have to make the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning!

I haven't had a hair cut and color for 2 years or something. It's really getting too long and yuckky. I was seriously considering cutting it myself the other day too. It just costs so much to get it done - haven't really set any aside for it. I'm going to look out for a Groupon for it.
I hear you. Around here to get a good cut and color is about $120 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Off to the lake today. Not quite a beach, but the best we can do around here.
Are you off to Lanier? Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting