Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I saw something on the news tonight that I found disturbing.

The story featured a company that brings out a German Shepard that will go through your home and your cars if you suspect your child is using drugs and has drugs in the house.

It didn't say what happens if drugs our found. Are the police called?

Or if no drugs are found I would think you have really damaged your relationship with your child.

Seemed very extreme to me.
I actually considered doing this after I moved into a house in which the previous owner had a reputation for smoking marijuana. Would I do it if I suspected my kids of using drugs? Yes, I would. Fortunately, I do not have any such suspicions.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-25-2015 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 06:40 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,344 times
There were lots of lies about cannabis in the 1930s that are still being used. Unbrainwashing can take a century or more. Why must people believe lies except they've heard nothing else? And they need to feel govt never lies & corporations would never hurt us. The govt repeats lies 1,000,000 times as a famous dictator once said a lie repeated 1 million times becomes the truth. I repeat because govt & corps repeat.

Things still need rebutting that were said in 1930s. That's how little progress is made in re-establishing the truth. Cannabis was never criticized before patented synthetic meds existed. They kill millions, but that's OK? We must not have something that kills nobody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
GJJG2012, way to pad your post number! You just kept repeating the same things over and over... could have been done in a post or two.

Really, rebutting things people said 2 and a half years ago.....???

Old 01-25-2015, 07:05 PM

I have absolutely no desire to consume anything that alters my mental status, regardless of its legality, and that most certainly includes marijuana. If it's legal where you live, and you are an adult, feel free, but keep it to yourself. That's means stay inside, 'cause I don't want it wafting in through my windows, thanks. And, for pity's sake, please don't drive if you imbibe.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:13 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,193,051 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Yi...jZc0Q-ag#t=193

Old 01-27-2015, 06:27 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I actually considered doing this after I moved into a house in which the previous owner had a reputation for smoking marijuana. Would I do it if I suspected my kids of using drugs? Yes, I would. Fortunately, I do not have any such suspicions.
I don't understand the logic behind the first part of this paragraph. If you ever found any, just throw it out. It's not like a broken crack pipe or needle that could harm your family.

Quote:
I have absolutely no desire to consume anything that alters my mental status, regardless of its legality, and that most certainly includes marijuana. If it's legal where you live, and you are an adult, feel free, but keep it to yourself. That's means stay inside, 'cause I don't want it wafting in through my windows, thanks. And, for pity's sake, please don't drive if you imbibe.
"Wafting through your windows"??

Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
"Wafting through your windows"??
I live in Colorado, and unfortunately now that it's legal, some people think it's perfectly acceptable to use in public where the smoke disperses over a large area. I find the odor disgusting.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:09 PM

I think smoking indoors with permission of house or building owner is OK. I think vaporizers should be allowed in many public places as about 0 smell + most smoke gets wasted outdoors.

Quote:
I live in Colorado, and unfortunately now that it's legal, some people think it's perfectly acceptable to use in public where the smoke disperses over a large area. I find the odor disgusting.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 PM

I think smoking indoors with permission of single house or special use building owner is OK. I think oil vaporizers should be allowed in many public places as about 0 smell & vaping most beneficial, + most smoke gets wasted outdoors, 75% of it drifting away before it can be inhaled.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2015, 10:19 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,257,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Privacy? My house, my rules. My older son always understood that if he brought drugs into the house, I would call the police. It was rule. A consequence was set up for that certain behavior so that he understood in advance. I don't understand the excuse that kids are, what was it, that bright or smart or something? He also was aware that his room, in MY house, was open to search and seizure to anything objectionable to me. He is now an active member of the Army Reserve, a Major, 36 years old and travels the world in the field of Security. He does not regret the discipline and rules that I enforced in MY house and is doing the same at HIS house now. I wouldn't care what the neighbors thought about what I did at MY house as my kids needs will always be more important than what the nosy neighbors are thinking! Best to teach your children to be independent of the thoughts of others so long as they are doing what is right - you and they will be much better off in the long run all the way around.
Well said. Why can't more parents understand how simple this really is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting