Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2020, 10:23 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Z-B View Post
Yeah, with less than 100 days until the election, Biden is up by 11 percentage points in Pennsylvania.
Early voting starts in September.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Hey, which post are you looking for me to respond too? Did I miss something?
I deleted it because of a emoji problem. Since it was days ago, I'm not going to re-type it.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereToFarm View Post
Pennsylvania is a moderate/centrist state even in the blue cities. Lockdowns, rioting, masks, abolishing the police, and general disrespect for America are generally unpopular. On top of all of this, Biden is a weak candidate who inspires exactly no one. Pennsylvania is remaining red.
Can you explain why your side continues to support the symbols of out and out traitors to the United States of America from 1861-65 without using Lost Cause rhetoric? Since PA was resoundingly in favor of the USA and the Union the question is not necessarily OT.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:33 AM

486 posts, read 601,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
This is an issue much bigger than the Pittsburgh police department; there are systemic issues with policing in every major city in this country that have long predated George Floyd. And don't forget that anger most definitely cuts both ways. The status quo is NOT acceptable and if you don't like hearing that, that's just tough ****.

For the record, I'm an Independent. Frankly, you can check your anger at the door, because rage against systemic racism and people who protect the status quo has been boiling for decades. Again, the fundamental issues in our country go far beyond riot control and infrastructure.

Right now, our country is being run by a woefully incompetent, right-wing narcissist, and it's poisoning our political system right down to the local level. How's that for "tone deaf"?

We have FAILED leadership in the Oval Office. And the only party that stands to lose right now is the one at the helm.
100% spot on.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:18 PM

56 posts, read 15,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Can you explain why your side continues to support the symbols of out and out traitors to the United States of America from 1861-65 without using Lost Cause rhetoric? Since PA was resoundingly in favor of the USA and the Union the question is not necessarily OT.
What do Confederate monuments have to do with anything in this thread?

What a bizarre response.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:27 PM

56 posts, read 15,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
This is an issue much bigger than the Pittsburgh police department; there are systemic issues with policing in every major city in this country that have long predated George Floyd. And don't forget that anger most definitely cuts both ways. The status quo is NOT acceptable and if you don't like hearing that, that's just tough ****.
The bottom line is that people in my moderate Democrat neighborhood care more about keeping our police services than they do about abolishing them. Rage about it all you please, but that's the reality of the situation. If the elected Democrat officials here continue to push this unpopular position, then it's going to hurt them even more in November.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:30 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,857,920 times
Quote:
I live in Pittsburgh, which hasn't had a Republican Mayor since before WWII. Until Trump ran in 2016, I had never seen visible support for a Republican candidate here. Ever. Hillary still won the majority of the neighborhood (60/40 split), but Trump's support has increased since then as the Democratic party has veered farther and farther Left since then.

Again, most people here are moderates. The type of Democrats here are the union and labor types; "abolish the police, let the rioters riot, and open the borders" coming out of the DNC just doesn't sell well here. People are PISSED at the Governor over the COVID-19 response, PISSED at the Mayor for the Leftist pandering while more pressing local issues go ignored, and above all else, PISSED about the rioting earlier this summer. If the Democrats are THIS unpopular in my blue neighborhood, then they are in trouble. Red landslide incoming (not just for Trump, but for state and local races, too).
Well Pittsburgh city council just voted to defund the police so I guess we will see if you are right or not. If your theory holds any water, the so-called "Red landslide" should be incoming in Pittsburgh.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:21 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,831 times
Quote:
The bottom line is that people in my moderate Democrat neighborhood care more about keeping our police services than they do about abolishing them. Rage about it all you please, but that's the reality of the situation. If the elected Democrat officials here continue to push this unpopular position, then it's going to hurt them even more in November.
Hm, the last five polls put Biden ahead of Trump in Pennsylvania. They all came out in July, after the protests and talk of defunding/reforming the police began. Looks like Democrats will do just fine in Pennsylvania this election cycle.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:18 AM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times
Quote:
With all due respect, I really don't have a clue what you might be referring to.

If you could cite any fact-verified position or words from Joe Biden or any federal-level Democrat representing Pennsylvania that has indicated support for: 1) abolishing the police/law enforcement; 2) allowing property damage resulting from rioting to go unpunished as a crime; or 3) abolishing our national borders, I'd honestly love to see it.

We're all ears.

Old 07-29-2020, 09:30 AM

994 posts, read 502,049 times
Quote:
The bottom line is that people in my moderate Democrat neighborhood care more about keeping our police services than they do about abolishing them
The bottom line is that most people are concerned with finding a job or keeping their job. Additionally, they are concerned about their health or that of loved ones and that their kids are being pushed to go to school by trump and his hack profiteer DeVos, risking lives of kids, teachers, staff and families.

Nobody is talking about "defund the police" other than some activists and the right wing nut echo chamber.

Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania