Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 09:31 PM

214 posts, read 648,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator7777 View Post
"If ever you are unsatisfied with one of our tires... please feel free to bring it back... Thank you! Discount Tire Company." Remember the old lady that used to heave the tire into the front pane glass and break the window. Love it! My Dad still loves that one too.
When my mom would see this commercial, she would always say "They would be ready to put you in jail if you did that". lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 09:48 PM

285 posts, read 906,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
yes, baby s, I did a search and found that it was you who had found that clip and posted it...thanks...please let me/us know when you have it back....the clip and sound were perfect....

non-PC = non politically correct....I'm not religious, but no doubt the reference to God and the Lord caught up to KOOL and they had to drop it

thanks again!
I'm thinking that it was dropped after Gene Autry sold KOOL (he also owned KOLD in Tucson..."It's KOOL in Phoenix and KOLD in Tucson...") to Gulf Broadcasting, changing its letters to KTSP at the same time.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:35 AM

283 posts, read 882,141 times
Quote:
"Blessed is the Nation whose God is the Lord -KOOL TV Channel 10 Phoenix"

many months ago somebody found a youtube clip of that decidedly non-PC video/audio and posted it here....then it was deleted from youtube....does anybody have that audio saved or a link to that clip??....I really miss that one....

thanks....
Still on YouTube. Here it is..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1VQODCaFo

Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,636,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learicalAZ View Post
Nobody gonna try this? I'll bump it up here, and maybe once more, but I thought somebody would know this ghostly puppet's name.
Space Ghost

Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 AM

88 posts, read 273,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
Space Ghost
No, Space Ghost was a cartoon, voiced by Gary Owens (of Rowen and Martin's Laugh In fame).
I don't think the puppet ever spoke where the TV audience could hear. My older brother believes the ghost puppet whispered to the host, and the host would repeat what the puppet said. The host may have been a newscaster for whatever station broadcast the show, or so big bro recalls.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,082,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertratz View Post
Still on YouTube. Here it is..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1VQODCaFo
thanks desertratz....

that sounds like Bill Close's voice...there was also another audio with another male voice that included the words "KOOL TV Channel 10 Phoenix".....I hope baby s. can find that one again...

Old 01-31-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:

that sounds like Bill Close's voice...there was also another audio with another male voice that included the words "KOOL TV Channel 10 Phoenix".....I hope baby s. can find that one again...

I think the other audio is Homer Lane's voice, IIRC.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:43 AM

283 posts, read 882,141 times
Quote:
thanks desertratz....

I've got a lttle bit stumper for some of you. Who was the guy with very bushy eyebrows at KOOL TV who delivered the station's editorial comment once a week after the 10 o'clock news in the mid 60's?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM

83 posts, read 311,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
I'm glad you survived your accident. A friend just spent a long time in the burn center there and I was impressed by the staff, they're supposed to be one of the best burn clinics in the U.S.
Yep, 2nd best in the nation actually.
That's what the medic told me when I sat up out of the gurney and said " no, don't take me to county! I have health insurance!"

Later I found out it was true!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertratz View Post
I've got a lttle bit stumper for some of you. Who was the guy with very bushy eyebrows at KOOL TV who delivered the station's editorial comment once a week after the 10 o'clock news in the mid 60's?

Dave Nichols?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area