U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-02-2011, 07:51 PM
 
Location: FL
20,703 posts, read 12,230,935 times
Reputation: 5452

Advertisements

I wouldn't really care as long as they weren't selling it from their home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Southern California
15,083 posts, read 20,161,740 times
Reputation: 10343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well I'm not saying they are right or wrong. There is an argument to be made that it is against the law. I disagree with the reasons why its against the law.

I'm curious as why people would tell. Many don't care that it is an unlawful act, and it doesn't matter that its grown. But most who would report it seem to have other opinions of the drug and its users. I'm curious as to what forms that opinion, and curious if I can help to change it.
My post addresses this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Troy, Il
764 posts, read 1,537,387 times
Reputation: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I doubt that anyone has been shot in a drive by over a handful of pot plants.
Havent you seen the movie Friday. They had a drive by for only $200. Anyways, illegal drugs do cause crime. the reason is because if someone rips you off you cant go to the cops. So what do you do? I smashed their windows in when i was in high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
 
1,791 posts, read 1,769,519 times
Reputation: 2210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks
I would say not a word. There are plenty of other things (marijuana doesn't even make the list) to be concerned with in this country. Since I have already made myself very clear on my stance on the marijuana issue with a couple of threads and multiple posts I'll leave here with this...

//www.city-data.com/forum/great...-how-many.html

Reliable information about marijuana and its effects based on research and science, not disinformation and propaganda.

Myths and Facts About Marijuana

I could not vote. Even if I did not know them, I would not say anything. Even if they were selling. As long as traffic is low and no 'riff-raff' customers were a part of their clientèle, all is good.

Marijuana has never killed anyone. Cigarettes, alcohol, pills, street drugs all do.

If I hadn't recently quit in order to gain employment, I'd buy some myself.

LEGALIZE MARIJUANA NOW!!! RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY ARE SPENT DAILY KEEPING THIS PLANT ILLEGAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Troy, Il
764 posts, read 1,537,387 times
Reputation: 529
Marijuana has never killed anyone? I know 3 people who died in car crashes because they were high. I have been in 4 car accidents while and because i was high. One of them was serious. (destroyed my truck)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Houston area, for now
948 posts, read 1,370,331 times
Reputation: 449
Knock on the door with a case of moon pies and ask for a hit is not on the list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,869 posts, read 24,011,922 times
Reputation: 8671
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
Marijuana has never killed anyone? I know 3 people who died in car crashes because they were high. I have been in 4 car accidents while and because i was high. One of them was serious. (destroyed my truck)
Funny, a google search of news results for car accidents contributed by marijuana returned nothing. What's your local news paper there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
 
Location: maryland
3,966 posts, read 6,768,924 times
Reputation: 1739
take a few buds for myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
 
Location: maryland
3,966 posts, read 6,768,924 times
Reputation: 1739
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
in maui? wowie!

that reminds me of the movie half baked lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 08:15 PM
 
25,847 posts, read 35,200,060 times
Reputation: 27660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well I'm not saying they are right or wrong. There is an argument to be made that it is against the law. I disagree with the reasons why its against the law.

I'm curious as why people would tell. Many don't care that it is an unlawful act, and it doesn't matter that its grown. But most who would report it seem to have other opinions of the drug and its users. I'm curious as to what forms that opinion, and curious if I can help to change it.
What is it that you want to help change, the opinions that people have and the likelihood they'll call the law on a neighbor who's growing, or the laws themselves?

Dicriminalization is the only real answer, I think. As I've stated, it works in Alaska.

The cops cannot arrest you and a judge cannot issue a warrant based on a neighbor's allegation. There has to be something more to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top