Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:59 PM

Location: Looks like I'm getting out "Valley On The Sun" Arizona
190 posts, read 415,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I recently heard of a man going to prison for the death of a woman AND her "unborn child". Why is the death of an unborn child considered a death when someone other than the mother kills the baby but not if the mother kills the baby through abortion? The unborn child is either alive or it is not. It must be a great life for libs, where they can have contradictory views and not have them conflict!

Charles Sands
If it's medically assisted it's not murder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 01:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
the question is DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE LINK??

you previously said

No state in the USA permits a 3rd trimester abortion at will.

Only if the health of the mother is in danger.

but in the link you posted it says

The following states have no post-viability restrictions whatsoever:

1. Alaska
2. Colorado
3. Hawaii
4. Mississippi
5. New Hampshire
6. New Jersey
7. New Mexico
8. Oregon
9. Vermont
10. West Virginia

which mean they can have the third trimester abortion AT WILL.

If it's not your UTERUS why should you care?

Are you going to feed it for 18 years?

Are you going to allow your taxes to be raised to care for them?

Are you going to start an orphanage?

Are you going to shelter them?

Looks like 90% of the time it's not an AT WILL abortion.

There are already millions of neglected children in this country. I guess you think it's perfectly fine to add one more soul to that mix. I don't.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:01 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
because what you see as a defect I dont. I dont think a mentally retarded child is a defected child.

And if the child died of natural causes in the womb then of course you are to deliver it.
So if you were to find out that your unborn child had anencephaly, you wouldn't see it as a defect? You would continue the pregnancy knowing full well that your child will (not might) ultimately die?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:02 PM

694 posts, read 745,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
It's a perfectly responsible way of dealing with one's actions. A problem arises, the mother makes a decision, and takes action to handle it. What would be irresponsible would be to have a child and not take care of it or take steps to see that others could take care of it.
So, the responsible thing to do is to kill the child? I agree that it is irresponsible to not take care of a child or to not make arrangements for someone else to - but killing the child is not at all responsible. If there is a serious medical problem with the pregnancy, I can understand that somewhat. If this is the way to think, why isn't killing your children when they are 3 or 4 the responsible way if you can't take care of them? Why not just have the child, THEN give it up.

I concede to the whining issue.

Charles Sands

Old 06-30-2011, 01:05 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
So if you were to find out that your unborn child had anencephaly, you wouldn't see it as a defect? You would continue the pregnancy knowing full well that your child will (not might) ultimately die?

yes I would because it has come to light that though these problems are detected a perfectly healthy baby could possibly be born with no problems. Doctors arent 100% right all the time. And who am I to play god and decide that this childs life isnt worth the few seconds or minutes or days or weeks ect.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
So, the responsible thing to do is to kill the child? I agree that it is irresponsible to not take care of a child or to not make arrangements for someone else to - but killing the child is not at all responsible. If there is a serious medical problem with the pregnancy, I can understand that somewhat. If this is the way to think, why isn't killing your children when they are 3 or 4 the responsible way if you can't take care of them? Why not just have the child, THEN give it up.

Charles Sands
You know.

It's not your life.

You don't have a right to say what someone does with their body.

She doesn't want to commit 9 months to give birth to the child.

She doesn't want the organism growing inside her body.

She wants it out. It's her body. Not yours. You didn't create that potential human, she did.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:

Charles Sands
Here's the thing. It's not just the whole caring for the child bit. It's the part where pregnancy in and of itself is something that we should not be having to force women to go through.

Let's take a look at the side effects of pregnancy:

Quote:
Normal, frequent or expectable temporary side effects of pregnancy:

* exhaustion (weariness common from first weeks)
* altered appetite and senses of taste and smell
* nausea and vomiting (50% of women, first trimester)
* heartburn and indigestion
* constipation
* weight gain
* dizziness and light-headedness
* bloating, swelling, fluid retention
* hemmorhoids
* abdominal cramps
* yeast infections
* congested, bloody nose
* acne and mild skin disorders
* skin discoloration (chloasma, face and abdomen)
* mild to severe backache and strain
* increased headaches
* difficulty sleeping, and discomfort while sleeping
* increased urination and incontinence
* bleeding gums
* pica
* breast pain and discharge
* swelling of joints, leg cramps, joint pain
* difficulty sitting, standing in later pregnancy
* inability to take regular medications
* shortness of breath
* higher blood pressure
* hair loss
* tendency to anemia
* curtailment of ability to participate in some sports and activities
* infection including from serious and potentially fatal disease
(pregnant women are immune suppressed compared with non-pregnant women, and
are more susceptible to fungal and certain other diseases)
* extreme pain on delivery
* hormonal mood changes, including normal post-partum depression
* continued post-partum exhaustion and recovery period (exacerbated if a c-section -- major surgery -- is required, sometimes taking up to a full year to fully recover)

Normal, expectable, or frequent PERMANENT side effects of pregnancy:

* stretch marks (worse in younger women)
* loose skin
* permanent weight gain or redistribution
* abdominal and vaginal muscle weakness
* pelvic floor disorder (occurring in as many as 35% of middle-aged former child-bearers and 50% of elderly former child-bearers, associated with urinary and rectal incontinence, discomfort and reduced quality of life)
* changes to breasts
* varicose veins
* scarring from episiotomy or c-section
* other permanent aesthetic changes to the body (all of these are downplayed by women, because the culture values youth and beauty)
* increased proclivity for hemmorhoids
* loss of dental and bone calcium (cavities and osteoporosis)

Occasional complications and side effects:

* spousal/partner abuse
* hyperemesis gravidarum
* temporary and permanent injury to back
* severe scarring requiring later surgery (especially after additional pregnancies)
* dropped (prolapsed) uterus (especially after additional pregnancies, and other pelvic floor weaknesses -- 11% of women, including cystocele, rectocele, and enterocele)
* pre-eclampsia (edema and hypertension, the most common complication of pregnancy, associated with eclampsia, and affecting 7 - 10% of pregnancies)
* eclampsia (convulsions, coma during pregnancy or labor, high risk of death)
* gestational diabetes
* placenta previa
* anemia (which can be life-threatening)
* thrombocytopenic purpura
* severe cramping
* embolism (blood clots)
* medical disability requiring full bed rest (frequently ordered during part of many pregnancies varying from days to months for health of either mother or baby)
* diastasis recti, also torn abdominal muscles
* mitral valve stenosis (most common cardiac complication)
* serious infection and disease (e.g. increased risk of tuberculosis)
* hormonal imbalance
* ectopic pregnancy (risk of death)
* broken bones (ribcage, "tail bone")
* hemorrhage and
* numerous other complications of delivery
* refractory gastroesophageal reflux disease
* aggravation of pre-pregnancy diseases and conditions (e.g. epilepsy is present in .5% of pregnant women, and the pregnancy alters drug metabolism and treatment prospects all the while it increases the number and frequency of seizures)
* severe post-partum depression and psychosis
* research now indicates a possible link between ovarian cancer and female fertility treatments, including "egg harvesting" from infertile women and donors
* research also now indicates correlations between lower breast cancer survival rates and proximity in time to onset of cancer of last pregnancy
* research also indicates a correlation between having six or more pregnancies and a risk of coronary and cardiovascular disease

Less common (but serious) complications:

* peripartum cardiomyopathy
* cardiopulmonary arrest
* magnesium toxicity
* severe hypoxemia/acidosis
* massive embolism
* increased intracranial pressure, brainstem infarction
* molar pregnancy, gestational trophoblastic disease (like a pregnancy-induced cancer)
* malignant arrhythmia
* circulatory collapse
* placental abruption
* obstetric fistula

More permanent side effects:

* future infertility
* permanent disability
* death

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 06-30-2011 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: List formatting

Old 06-30-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

If it's not your UTERUS why should you care?

Are you going to feed it for 18 years?

Are you going to allow your taxes to be raised to care for them?

Are you going to start an orphanage?

Are you going to shelter them?

Looks like 90% of the time it's not an AT WILL abortion.

There are already millions of neglected children in this country. I guess you think it's perfectly fine to add one more soul to that mix. I don't.

I should care because its a human freaking life! your walking down the street and see a man shoot a baby in the head. Do you care? its not your child, were you gonna feed and take care of it??? you sound stupid.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Here's the thing. It's not just the whole caring for the child bit. It's the part where pregnancy in and of itself is something that we should not be having to force women to go through.

Let's take a look at the side effects of pregnancy:

was the woman not aware that sex could result in pregnancy and all of these side effects?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Except that was never the case...it was a made up story.
What are you talking about? That is the case. When the Gov criminalizes something, the demand stays the same, just the supply. The source of the supply, the quality of it, and the risk involved with it.

People are gonna get pregnant, and then want out. You telling me otherwise? People are going to go to whoever will help them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies