Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 07:43 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Our 2-party political system keeps us on opposite sides of the fence...It keeps us split right down the middle and at each other's "throats."...Elections are like "sport's games" today with each side trying to be the "winning team." And the "winner" wants to "take all" and "rule all" and be in complete control...Each side wants to "force their will" on the other "half."...We can't go forward as a nation and solve our problems if we're stuck in silly and childish "tug of wars!"...Most parents tell their kids that they have to learn how to share and compromise and "get along" with their brothers and sisters and friends. This is all part of the socialization process when we are growing up. But yet so many adults feel entitled to behave and act like little kids today when it comes to politics and some of their other beliefs...The notion of "being in it together" and compromising is such a "no-no" and foreign concept today. Taking time to listen...Looking at "all sides" to each issue seems like a stupid thing to do. Nobody wants to risk "handing amunition" over to the other side. It's a "me, me, me" and "my way or the highway" or "my way or else" type of world today! And this is sad! And tragic and dangerous!...We've become "cannibals" bent on having and "winning" our own "way" at all costs! And this is what makes us "easy prey" for corrupt politicians who have a vested interest in keeping us "divided." We become "pawns" and "putty" in their "hands."

Does anyone think that the two largest gangs in the country (bloods/crips) share the same colors as the only two political gangs (refuticans/dumbocrats) did not happen by chance?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM

So now that we (well most of us) has identified the flaws within the tea party and it's benefactor the Koch brothers what do you plan on doing about it?

Here are a few suggestions: Boycott anything that they make which is ironically toilet paper and confront anyone claiming to be a tea party and ask them "what are you doing to clear your movement of the tea baggers? If they don't know the difference then they are probably a tea bagger themselves. Contact you congressperson and representatives and find out EXACTLY where they stand on social programs and vote accordingly.

People realize this, the mainstream media is not the friend of truth in America! Seek information from outside of the country in different mediums. Every country can't be lying, and compare information

Old 09-12-2011, 10:30 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So now that we (well most of us) has identified the flaws within the tea party and it's benefactor the Koch brothers what do you plan on doing about it?

Here are a few suggestions: Boycott anything that they make which is ironically toilet paper and confront anyone claiming to be a tea party and ask them "what are you doing to clear your movement of the tea baggers? If they don't know the difference then they are probably a tea bagger themselves. Contact you congressperson and representatives and find out EXACTLY where they stand on social programs and vote accordingly.

People realize this, the mainstream media is not the friend of truth in America! Seek information from outside of the country in different mediums. Every country can't be lying, and compare information
If the Koch brothers are involved, so what? Are you planning on boycotting everything Soros has his tentacles into? If not, that makes you a hypocrite.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
I was in Europe recently, and without provocation, an older German tourist, probably the son of a Nazi, said: "I never thought I'd see something like the Tea Party in America."

Yes indeed I said, a national embarrassment they are.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:23 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If the Koch brothers are involved, so what? Are you planning on boycotting everything Soros has his tentacles into? If not, that makes you a hypocrite.
Money should be taken out of politics. We can debate the issue of which agenda is most negative or positive for the country as a whole, for hours on end, but advocating for Campaign Finance Reform is literally a no brainer...wouldn't you agree?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why don't you try answering the simple couple of questions asked and prove how much Pelosi you can share with the readers here?
Casper
I have been away too long so don't even know the questions you refer to here. Let me know what they are and I will make an attempt. However, when you ask Kos generated questions I doubt I can handle it.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
I wonder... Do shadows in some of your rooms at night turn into the boogie man?? Hide under the covers do ya??

Old 09-12-2011, 12:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Money should be taken out of politics. We can debate the issue of which agenda is most negative or positive for the country as a whole, for hours on end, but advocating for Campaign Finance Reform is literally a no brainer...wouldn't you agree?
Finally we agree about something!!!

Now which presidential candidate refused to use federal funds in 2008? A hint, it wasn't McCain.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If they are going against what I believe in, why would'nt I

Old 09-12-2011, 05:36 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Not at the top of my list, there are always tricks they will use. Corruption is rampant, we need to drain the swamp and start over with the Tea Party candidates. Look for honest, straight talk. I would like to see strict term limits, and our rulers have to abide by the same rules they apply to us. No bills longer than 30 pages. Once they are 30 pages, we can stop electing lawyers. Bring back the line-item veto.
Ron Paul is running a transparent grassroots campaign. The money is out in the open. It's not about the laws we pass to force them to be honest, it's about the integrity of the candidate himself. Choose wisely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies