Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 01:22 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,595 times

Advertisements

Please review the case of Nicholas Lindsey. When I was in the military I quickly learned that young people can be deadly. The stand your ground law in Florida protects your right to defend yourself. The case is still being investigated to determine if the law applies. Each case is investigated. Currently there are many people in Florida attempting to remove the rights of Blacks and all Americans of any race or religion to defend themselves. We assume as Americans we had that right all along. Not true. The current laws in Florida are the most up to date and modern laws for total society. The DA must assume the person is innocent until proven guilty. Sounds silly right. We all thought that was basic American. Nope. We need a law that says that. Please work within your state to adopt legislation similair to Florida so that if tragedy should strike you and you have to defend your life or the lives of your family you will at least be assumed innocent until proven guilty.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
She said 17 robberies and a shooting are no big deal. I mean this is a prime example of why crime is allowed to take root in the black community.
Is this in one year, 5 years, 10 years? I guess if I moved to an all white community near you there would not be a need for police officers

Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
They released Zimmerman without drug testing, without obtaining his clothing, without retaining his weapon. This 'investigation' ended 10 minutes after the cops arrived until people demanded otherwise. Why must it take an act of congress, Fed Judiciary, & Executive branch to get these people's heads out of their own arses?
Did it ever occur to you that they may have felt there wasn't enough to take to a judge for to secure a search and seizure warrant?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
THE REAL QUESTION is why is a miami teenager sneaking around a Sanford (near orlando) gated community

Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Drive across the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.

You'll drive twelve miles before you see anything resembling America.
That's not true because Bay Ridge is the first section you enter over the Verrazano

if you were coming out of the Battery Tunnel....that would be different, lol.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Where else in the civilized world can you shoot a child to death and get away with it because of an arbitrary law that allows you to murder at will and then claim self-defense to cover it up?

The complicity and blatant corruption of the Sanford police department in handling the case is just further salt in the wound. Things like this are not supposed to happen in a civilized first-world country. Florida is an embarrassment to America.

The fact that Zimmerman is walking free today is not just a great injustice, it's a damning indictment on us as a nation. If this man isn't brought to justice for this murder, America can no longer claim to be the champion of the free world when its own citizens can't even walk the streets in their own neighborhood without been murdered because of the color of their skin.
In coming to a conclusion before a trial has even started you are as guilty of what you accuse Zimmerman of being: A vigilante.
The case is far from over and the Stand Your Ground law can only be legitimately criticized IF Zimmerman cites it in his defense (which is likely) AND is acquitted because of it (which is very unlikely.)

Old 03-23-2012, 01:25 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,673,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Did it ever occur to you that they may have felt there wasn't enough to take to a judge for to secure a search and seizure warrant?
You do not need a search and seizure warrant to give somebody a breathelizer test. Give me a break!

Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
He is not going to get away with it.
He's already gotten away with it when the evidence wasn't gathered in a timely fashion.

Quote:
We have due process.
Not in Florida. Not when selective enforcement rules the roost as it always does with fake conservatives vacillating between overt and covert aggression. Neglecting and abusing authority. They're unworthy of office on any level. The white version of Alton Maddox is just as sickening.

Quote:
Police departments make mistakes (both black and white).
Yes they do. Absolutely true. And when they keep making the same mistake over and over and over again, you don't get to claim it's an awww shucks mistake anymore. This boyish BS doesn't cut it. Man up.

You've defended all the wrong things for how long, blamed all the wrong people for how long, and expect a different outcome? You're not American.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:27 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Low on facts here come the personal attacks. Self-hate?

I maybe Black but I don't belong to your ethnic or dysfunctional cultural group (I'm not understanding why Africn Americans are confused by this notion?)

I've long ago distanced myself from an African-American identification and embraced a Ghanaian American identity. I want to be associated with achievers not losers who live in the wealthiest country on the planet but whine about everything.
So....no proof? You instead change the subject when you are proved wrong? It's what I thought. If you were truly a man of integrity, you would PROVE what you say. Newsflash: Being "Ghanaian American" doesn't make you above having to prove your argument.

Are you one of those posers who claim an ancestry yet you've never even been to the country? Do you even speak any of the languages? From your posts, it would appear that you were raised by a single mother, so you probably don't even know your father.

You're clinging so tightly to a group of people who would probably consider you an outsider if you ever managed to save up enough money to visit Ghana.

And by the way, Ghana has PLENTY of lowlifers. For your reading pleasure: Archived Crime & Punishment News of Friday, 23 March 2012

You're the type of guy who dogs a race, yet you wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of any "perks" that might come from being AA in America.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:28 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
You do not need a search and seizure warrant to give somebody a breathelizer test. Give me a break!
Oh yeah-- a month after the fact, that breathalizer is handy evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies