Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for an Openly Atheist President?
Yes 91 72.22%
No 35 27.78%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The beauty of being a Christian is ones own personal walk. We've been persecuted throughout history. Don't forget, we were the one's being crucified and fed to the lions. The tough ride starts when this (very short) life is over; for those who thought this was all there is.

We've already come to terms with the fact that we will be persecuted again. It's been prophesied, so why would we not expect it?
Ya, I guess you religious people are use to waring against your faiths and beliefs. Wouldn't it be nice to have a break? Even for 4 years. I'm so glad I won't be going through that tribulation in the end. It's a relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Why not? I vote for people saying 'holy one", " father in heaven and my God blesses and forgives you, in God we pray, God bless America" Not a difference there. Now you know how atheist feel. You'd deal with it, I do, I don't have that choice.
Are you saying it's like verbal knives when people wish for their God to bless you, or you hear them praying, or when you use your money?

Old 06-25-2012, 06:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Ya, I guess you religious people are use to waring against your faiths and beliefs. Wouldn't it be nice to have a break? Even for 4 years. I'm so glad I won't be going through that tribulation in the end. It's a relief.
So you'd vote for an atheist president based on his high probability of snuffing out religion? Now that makes perfect sense. You can't hide it; the more you talk, the more you reveal.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:42 PM

311 posts, read 605,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Sad but true, Atheists are among the most mistrusted people in the U.S.""

Maybe according to you ....good to see you trust all those CHRISTIAN politicians!!! They're so trustworthy!!
Those CHRISTIAN pedophile PRIESTS are so trustworthy!!!

Maybe you'd like to elect a nice christian priest who will demand that Cathoilc doctrine is the new law for EVERYONE???? He's a believer....

How about a Muslim President....??? She's a believer, too!!!
No not according to me, according to most Americans. Even most atheists will tell you that they are the most mistrusted (and also most hated) people in this country, that's why they fight against it.

Yeah, unfortunately there have been few priests that have been molesting young boys - but just because few sick priests have done that does not mean all close to 1 million priests in the world are all pedophiles. There are both religious and non-religious sick and pedophile people everywhere.

No Catholic presidents will enforce any Catholic laws in this country. JFK was a Catholic.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:53 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
Better than the Muslim one we have now.

Obama is not a Muslim do your homework honey.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
No not according to me, according to most Americans. Even most atheists will tell you that they are the most mistrusted (and also most hated) people in this country, that's why they fight against it.

Yeah, unfortunately there have been few priests that have been molesting young boys - but just because few sick priests have done that does not mean all close to 1 million priests in the world are all pedophiles. There are both religious and non-religious sick and pedophile people everywhere.

No Catholic presidents will enforce any Catholic laws in this country. JFK was a Catholic.
Atheists are the most mistrusted because it's apart of xian dogma to deamonize those that don't share their twisted superstision. As with most things religious, facts have no say in the matter. Xians don't examine the facts, that atheists are the least likely to be incarcerated, are a fairly intelligent bunch and have contributed to much of what makes our lives enjoyable.

I think the most unfortunate part of the catholic scandal besides the many children that were violated is the fact that people are still catholic, still revere the pope and dedicate their lives to that cult.

Isn't it amazing that atheists are more distrusted than catholic priests despite their never having been an "atheists" scandal of any sort let alone the vile coverup of children being systematically violated. And poeple claim that religion does no harm, crazy.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM

311 posts, read 605,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Atheists are the most mistrusted because it's apart of xian dogma to deamonize those that don't share their twisted superstision. As with most things religious, facts have no say in the matter. Xians don't examine the facts, that atheists are the least likely to be incarcerated, are a fairly intelligent bunch and have contributed to much of what makes our lives enjoyable.

I think the most unfortunate part of the catholic scandal besides the many children that were violated is the fact that people are still catholic, still revere the pope and dedicate their lives to that cult.

Isn't it amazing that atheists are more distrusted than catholic priests despite their never having been an "atheists" scandal of any sort let alone the vile coverup of children being systematically violated. And poeple claim that religion does no harm, crazy.
That is absolutely not true. Most Christians are very tolerant and accept people from different faith and non-faith. However many Christian Americans might get mad because atheists try to take away all religious from the public, remove anything that has to do with God and religion when our nation was mostly founded upon Christian belief and faith, and over 90% believe in God while few tiny minority don't and try to shovel their nonbelief in our throats.

There are plenty of atheists that are arrogant towards religion, particularly the Christian faith, without even knowing how loving and great Christianity is. Yes, there are unfortunately few bad Christians out there, but so are there good and bad people from every faith and non-faith.

What is worse than Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, etc. killing hundreds of millions of religious people because they hated religion and religious people? They were all atheists and proud of it.
Let's not forget that communism = atheism. I'm sure there are many atheists out there who have molested young boys and have done bad things as well. This happens everywhere.

Anyways I wish you all the best and my prayer goes to you

Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I believe it is good to have a man who knows he is not the ultimate ruler of himself. If they truly believe in God it is a plus. If they think themselves as a god then the country would easily be ruled by a dictator if they don't have to answer to their maker.
Gee, who was it that for centuries thought mankind and Earth was the center of the universe? I will give you a hint: It was not the atheists. Talk about your delusions of grander.

As evidenced by every Blue Law enacted in every community throughout the US, the religious are FAR more dictatorial and the least tolerant.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,522 times
I don't know when this bat **** country forgot it's own history and branded itself as a "Christian Nation."

Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
That is absolutely not true. Most Christians are very tolerant and accept people from different faith and non-faith. However many Christian Americans might get mad because atheists try to take away all religious from the public, remove anything that has to do with God and religion when our nation was mostly founded upon Christian belief and faith, and over 90% believe in God while few tiny minority don't and try to shovel their nonbelief in our throats.

There are plenty of atheists that are arrogant towards religion, particularly the Christian faith, without even knowing how loving and great Christianity is. Yes, there are unfortunately few bad Christians out there, but so are there good and bad people from every faith and non-faith.

What is worse than Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, etc. killing hundreds of millions of religious people because they hated religion and religious people? They were all atheists and proud of it.
Let's not forget that communism = atheism. I'm sure there are many atheists out there who have molested young boys and have done bad things as well. This happens everywhere.

Anyways I wish you all the best and my prayer goes to you
Yet another poster in favor of the tyranny of the majority, why am I not surprised? Thankfully, the US is a constitutional republic, not a democracy ruled by the intolerant religious mob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies