Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sigh - some of you people insist on burying your head in the sand.

Homosexual relationships, of course.
I'm so sorry. How many homosexual relationships have you been force into?

After you've had a couple shoved down your throat, do they go down any easier?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
i'm so sorry. How many homosexual relationships have you been force into?

After you've had a couple shoved down your throat, do they go down any easier?
OMG...

Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm so sorry. How many homosexual relationships have you been force into?
Does being dishonest and mischaracterizing what people say make you feel good?

I hope not.

I choose to believe that you have some semblance of a conscience.

Explain to me why you lie?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:39 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times
Quote:
I read post #3, the job is a public job. when you work for the public, you do not have the right to discriminate. Why do you want that right anyway? I do not want the right to discriminate against blacks, or jews, or christians or old people, or young people, why does anyone need the right to discriminate. If you are a private business, then you have the right to determine who you do business with. So, still the straight people do not lose any rights allowing gays to marry too. Besides, the op is that ssm is a mortal threat to civilization. How? How is civilization going to be harmed by gays having secular marriage, not religious marriage. How?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times
Quote:
Sigh - some of you people insist on burying your head in the sand.

Homosexual relationships, of course.

Read post #3 and get back to me.

//www.city-data.com/forum/27583457-post3.html
It is you that is obsessed with homosexual relationships, they are not shoved down your throat. Do not like homosexual relationships, do not have one.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
So what? Some people were fired for doing a poor job (i.e. disseminating false information as a medical professional), and others CHOSE to shut down their (public service) businesses instead of adhering anti-discrimination laws - laws which existed long before gay marriage was legalized anywhere, and which apply to both gay & straight people alike. How does any of that = deprivation of your rights? Nobody has the right to keep a job for which they're unqualified or unsuited, and everybody has the right to open or close their businesses at will.

Try again.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Dropping informed consent would change all contract laws. It would also mean that I could marry you, even if you didn't want to. It would be an unworkable system.
Same-sex "marriage" also changes contract laws. So what?

Eliminating informed consent eliminates discrimination against those who don't choose their sexual orientation. Why shouldn't one be free to marry the mentally retarded, the insane, the senile, Alzheimer's victims, the comatose, the intoxicated, young children, domestic pets, or even farm animals? (Some may argue that bestiality is extreme, but it's perfectly legal in progressive countries like Denmark, Finland, and Germany.) What is so sacred about consent anyway?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

Eliminating informed consent eliminates discrimination against those who don't choose their sexual orientation. Why shouldn't one be free to marry the mentally retarded, the insane, the senile, Alzheimer's victims, the comatose, the intoxicated, young children, domestic pets, or even farm animals? (Some may argue that bestiality is extreme, but it's perfectly legal in progressive countries like Denmark, Finland, and Germany.) What is so sacred about consent anyway?
Because without consent you're raping them?

I don't know about Denmark, Finland & Germany (really, they're questionable on many levels), but I'd hope most civilized nations would draw the line at friggin' RAPE. It's irrelevant anyway, since we're only discussing gay marriage - and slippery slope theories are dumb, at best.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

This is beyond nutty. Civil marriage is the creation of joint legal (and partly financial) entity. It requires 2 consenting, rational beings.

But go ahead and talk to your #1 fan Harrier. He thinks grow men should be able to wed 12 year old girls.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:02 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,604,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Because without consent you're raping them?
Not necessarily. If they can't freely consent, they can't freely refuse either. So what's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's irrelevant anyway, since we're only discussing gay marriage - and slippery slope theories are dumb, at best.
That's what y'all told us way back when the homosexualists were pushing for domestic partnerships, and we said that domestic partnerships would lead to demands for same-sex "marriage". Turns out that slope was pretty slippery after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies