Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times

Advertisements

I think the problem with those people who are against respecting and recognizing the relationships of members of the LGBT community is that they set in their ways and refuse to listen to rational, reasonable, and scientific arguments.

It's like they are little children throwing a tantrum saying "la la la la ... I can't hear you .... la la la ... I'm not listening to you!!!!" while cupping their hands over their ears.

Legal same-sex marriage is a reality. It is legal in many countries in this world, it is legal in 9 states and in DC in this country. No argument here in this thread is going to change that.

It has to do with the triumph of justice and civil rights. Civil marriage is a civil right. The United States is based on constitutional law, not religious dogma ... that is why more and more states are adopting Marriage Equality.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
So you won't sell it to someone who's going to give it to his mistress?

Tell me another one.
that would depend if either of the people in question were Jewish or not. (I would sell to the non Jew)

Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Let me think about that........

Yeah, it would.

Maybe a better punishment would be for the OP to find out that one or more of his own children are gay.
I'd be concerned for the safety of the child.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,151,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
do you want me to provide the halachic proof?
ask them about the prohibitions of lifnai ever and misayaia. Also Chillul Hashem could be applicable here.
Okay. I looked them up. And found two. The first sure doesn't sound applicable. The second doesn't exist or is spelled wrong. And you, my friend, are more than guilty of the last. Narrow-minded people like yourself are what turns me off about religion.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Nope I am boring.... A good part of my problem is i am willing to bet $$$ that gays of both sexes who 'marry' will want the feds to invest money into ssm kids by some means...

In other words with all these sex changes tax payers will need to spend on how 2 people of the same sex will get a sex change and still somehow have their own kids egg to egg or sperm to sperm..

Yeah I know you will roll your eyes but in the next 200 years you don't think it would be possible?

Not only do i think it would be possible but I believe it will be common.

But know man will never fly
What on earth are you babbling about? Sex changes have nothing to do with sexual orientation, and scientists can already make women pregnant without a man, so pretty soon men will be worthless.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
and most jews don't follow Judaism.
Neither do you, seeing as the Torah commands you to love your neighbor, and you've quite emphatically proven on this board you do not do that.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
guess what Jews have our own support system that is more effective then the governments.
Then I guess you won't starve.

Disappointing.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
liberals are the most intolerant people on the face of the earth. they are the most closed minden people on the face of the earht. When ever someone who disagress with them talks they try and silence them.
A rabid gay hater who hurls insults in every post, and calls everyone else anti-semitic, is claiming liberals are intolerant and closed-minded?

Old 01-03-2013, 09:55 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Okay. I looked them up. And found two. The first sure doesn't sound applicable. The second doesn't exist or is spelled wrong. And you, my friend, are more than guilty of the last. Narrow-minded people like yourself are what turns me off about religion.
please tell me where you got your rabbinical ordination?

I'm impressed you became such a scholar in less then 5 minutes that you can decide what is and what is not lifnai iver. please make up an example of lifnai evir that is not mentioned explicitly.

Chilul Hashem is not decided on by liberals but by the Torah
here is a example of how rabbis interpret Chilul Hashem
http://www.matziv.com/pictures/flatbushpsakonweprin
PS there is no spelling it's all transliterations.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What?

I believe that all business owners should follow the law. How is that bigoted?

You still haven't shown me one of my posts proving that I'm an anti Semite as you have repeatedly called me.
Don't feel bad, I'm an Anti-Semite according to him too, and I'm Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.