Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:43 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times

Advertisements

Obama, Romney, Democrat, Republican Does it really matter I just wish these clowns would get their act together and do what is right for the country before the whole thing goes to crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No matter who the Republicans put forth the Democrats would still have went into overdrive demonizing him or her. That was the plan and it worked. And now they think that Rubio may be the next victim. After the state of the union Rubio spoke in Spanish first then English and when he took a drink of water the left was all over it, talk about childish and obvious. For gods sake who wouldn't be parched but the left wing media was just warming up getting ready for their next victim. And you can't see that?
Good Lord man! Look at your own posts in this forum - the right has done nothing BUT demonize Obama since Day 1. It didn't work this time - face it.

Your party had a poor candidate who ran a poor campaign - face it.

Quit blaming the media and the Democrats for your own failures.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
I know how he feels. I voted for Perot and helped elect Clinton. I absolutely regret that.
A family member voted for BO in 2008 because he was going to teach Republicans a lesson for nominating a RINO like McCain.

Second time around, he decided a RINO like Romney beat 4 more years of BO.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
We can agree that the whole debate is stupid, when voter ID laws don't fix a problem. We already know there are many, many senior citizens who have no photo IDs. How do they manage?

Social Security doesn't require one to have a photo ID. Banks don't require photo ID to open an account, just a SSA card (they may now, but if you opened the account decades ago, they didn't.) To cash a SSA check at the bank:

1. Take the check to one of your bank locations that accepts deposits.
2. Write your signature on the back of your social security check before approaching the bank teller.
3. Give your signed social security check to the bank teller along with the information on your savings or checking account.
Not anymore.

No more paper Social Security checks come March - Jan. 9, 2013

Old 02-27-2013, 02:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Good god, if I were Harry Alford the LAST thing that I would want to admit in public would be that as "President" and "CEO" of a national business organizations that I voted for a candidate without the slightest ideas as to what he stood for. And too say that I regret voting for him because the only reason that I did was his race... how freaking embarrassing is that.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
1.) They are both misguided religious groups, and they both manipulate the words of their Holy Books.
Example,
a. republicans are against feeding poor people with welfare.
b. republicans are against insuring the 10,000's who die each year from not having health insurance.
c. republicans are against helping other countries.
(The Bible clearly shows that Jesus would be FOR the above things.)

2. Scientist's say they both use propaganda on their own people.

3. Both groups have a leadership structure that makes their followers believe lies.
Example, Fox news and Rush radio are the leaders of the Tea Party. Fox news tells them lies like "global warming is not happening, tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues, B. Obama is a communist, Social Security is out of money, ex.ex." (And the Tea Party members believe all the lies.)

4. They are both against women's rights. (But the Taliban is MUCH worse than the Tea Party)
Example, Tea Party members are against a woman's right to be a front line soldier, and they are against a women's right to have a abortion. ex.ex.ex.

5. They both love small government.
Neither group wants things like the EPA, FDA, IRS, public schools, public libraries, ex.ex.ex.

6. Both groups commit (or) speak about violence against their own fellow country people.
Example, I have heard many Tea Party members speak of overthrowing the US government, because they believe the US government is becoming communists.

Can you point to 6 facts showing that the Tea Party is (not) similar to the Taliban ??
This is absolutely ridiculous. And garbage. Show some restraint, please.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,355 times
A failed, cancelled cable tv show. Not buying it.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
I know how he feels. I voted for Perot and helped elect Clinton. I absolutely regret that.
Ditto here, although I lived in California at the time and it wouldn't have mattered either way.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,449,267 times
How can anyone admire Al Sharpton?

Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe they should stop acting like them.
You know controlling the masses based on threats.
Democrats and liberals NEVER do that. Nope, never.

We have to ban "assault weapons" (but grandfather those that are already out there), or more children will die.

Eleven rounds in a magazine is super-deadly, but ten is totally safe.

We have to pass Obamacare, or granny will die in the streets and be forced to eat cat food.

We have to bail out GM, or the economy will spiral.

We have to pass the stimulus, or the economy will spiral.

We have to extend unemployment, or the economy will spiral.

These are all just within the last few years, and I'm sure that there's plenty of examples that I missed.

Why don't you stop being a pawn and start thinking for yourself? One party encourages policies that will benefit you in the long run. The other doesn't think you have an attention span long enough to look passed the goodies they're going to give you right now. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, it seems that they're right. Why don't you prove them wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies