Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
This was in Detroit and the man was Chaldean. The neighbors were similar likeminded people.
Explains alot. Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 12:01 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Explains alot. Enough said.
In the end it worked out for her very well. She married up and had children. I consider that successful parenting.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Ahhh, no links huh? Could that be due to the fact that there aren't any? That would mean you have no credibility. Bent out of shape? Ignorance and stupidty doesn't get me "bent out of shape". I find both sad, but at the same time amusing. The frustration comes out of people making stupid posts and when it is pointed out, they continue to dig their heels in and try to cover themselves by using what they think are "intelligent" responses.

If posting irrelvant posts and making claims that you can't support is your idea of fun, you need to get out more.

I don't agree with you or disagree with you because there isn't any basis to do so.
I don't care whether you think I have credibility... you are just a handle on a screen, as am I. I don't spend my free time getting frustrated and feeling sad because strangers don't like what I have to say, not do I care whether you find me to be intelligent. Fact is, you are so upset over the subject matter you are freaking out and can't have a normal conversation. How's that working out for you?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
and some would say referring to women as "females" would mean you see them as livestock

obviously you don't know how to have a discussion or want to start trouble
so leave me alone bye
I'll comment as I choose.
Don't like it, perhaps you should avail yourself of the ignore feature.

Chick is nothing but demeaning.
Female is descriptive.
Who has ever said female = livestock. Aside from you, that is.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't care whether you think I have credibility... you are just a handle on a screen, as am I. I don't spend my free time getting frustrated and feeling sad because strangers don't like what I have to say, not do I care whether you find me to be intelligent. Fact is, you are so upset over the subject matter you are freaking out and can't have a normal conversation. How's that working out for you?
Are we having fun yet? As if what you have to say to me means something.

I guess to you a normal conversation would be conversing with someone who thinks like you and believes your rubbish. Since I don't do either, you're right, there is no "normal" conversation nor a debate.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
OK, I'm through post #480 now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So you're assumption is that all teenagers will drink until they pass out or start raping those passed out, all teens will lie and stay out all night so parents can just forget making a single rule.

See I don't take that parenting attitude where I shrugged in helplessness as soon as they were born. My kids are home when I tell them to be home and they don't come home passing out from drinking. I think it comes down to parents attitudes toward parenting. If you think your kids will never abide by any rules so you cannot make rules then you're going to have kids who drink and party and stay out all night. If you believe you can set down some rules, then you will.

It's kind of interesting the same posters who say you cannot tell children not to drink, not to go to drunken parties, and that you can not tell them to be home by midnight, and you cannot teach abstinence because kids cannot control their sexual appetites suddenly and kids can never tell themselves no to sex want to put all the blame on these boys -- NOT the adults who let them run free, not the parents who provided the house to party in, not the parents who provided the alcohol, not the parents who provided no rules for their brats.
The poster you quoted responded to this but I'm going to add: NO, she did not say that. You're twisting her words. I'd be shocked, totally shocked, if your kids haven't done some things you disapprove of, of which you have no knowledge. Sometimes parents find this stuff out much later in life, at times after blaming someone else publicly. Hopefully, you will wise up and that won't happen to you.

I don't think anyone on this thread has said you can't tell kids not to drink. You can tell them that until you're blue in the face, but sometimes peer pressure and the wish to rebel gets to them and they do it anyway. No one said abstinence shouldn't be taught, either, but Sarah Palin's two oldest showed us that doesn't always work, either.

I do not think parents should provide alcohol to their kids, but you'd be surprised how many parents think it's OK, and it's not always the parents you'd suspect of being so dumb.

Quote:
No, as you obviously have no idea of just how much DNA humans share with chimps. You are embarrassing yourself.
Actually, I do have some information on that. We discussed this in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ok, I said I would talk to my daughter (BF till age 2, BTW) about this and I did. She has a degree in biology with an emphasis on genetics, is currently doing a practicum with the Colorado Newborn Screening program. I asked her about this 96% of genes shared with chimps and she said it's really more like 98%. She went on to say that we share about 96% of our genes with mice and other small mammals. Just for everyone's information!
It shows a lack of understanding of biology to say that and think it means anything. It's the two percent of DNA that's different that makes us human beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Gays compare themselves to the animals in the world all the time and folks nod their head in agreement. Now it's not so??
Not that I've ever seen but I don't usually post on gay threads as I have no particular interest in the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
People need to understand that there is the pretend liberal utopia where nobody has a "right" to be mean to anybody or beat anybody up or rape anybody etc. Then there is the real world where this crap happens on a daily basis. You try and tell your children to never put themselves in a situation that this can occur. I never let my kids go anywhere without their friends in tow. There is safety in numbers. I tell them to look out for each other. Once they reach a certain age you can't have your eyes on em 24/7. They will leave the nest and if they aren't prepared then something will happen and it could be bad. There is no excuse for what these boys did but if that girl had been with three or four friends looking out for her it most likely wouldn't have happened either. If some of those kids were her friends then they are some horrible friends that's for sure.
I think most of us teach our kids the bold. I used to tell my kids there are some mistakes I don't want them to make. I didn't want them (two girls) to get raped b/c they went to a dance club in downtown Denver and parked in some dark alley, or b/c they let some guy sweet talk them into taking them "home". I also didn't want anybody to "experience" a fatal DUI or any kind of DUI for that matter. We're not nuts b/c we disagree politically!

Old 03-19-2013, 12:24 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
I am not going to rush out and publish findings (even though what I said is accurate) because unlike you, I post here for fun.
So making up stuff drawn from uneducated opinion and acting like it is true just because is fun to you?

Quote:
I am not all bent out of shape when people disagree with me... that's your bag. Perhaps you are one of those people who finds it pleasurable to walk around all angry and accusatory just because someone has a differing perspective, but I don't view the world that way. You are angry and bitter, and I am merely posting my thoughts. That my thoughts make you even more angry and bitter isn't my problem. Being able to have a nice day in the face of adversity and disagreements is a great skill, I suggest you work on that before you give yourself a heart attack!
Oh, the hypocrisy. I'm not the one that was throwing out personal attacks and continuing to do so even after the moderator edited your previous post for a personal attack on another poster.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in a fiction writing forum where you can just make stuff up at will and no one can take issue with it.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Is there a point to argue about Chimps?

Everyone with common sense knows that rape is common enough that women need to take precautions against it.

The bare minimum would be for her to go with friends.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,622,695 times
I've read some the comments on here and wow it literally made my stomach turn.

#1-The girl didn't "deserve" to be raped because she was drunk...most teenagers cannot see the dangers of drinking-most parent say "don't drink and drive." But because of her mistake she has to live with the grief and the blame for the rest of her life. Not to mention the humiliation she feels. Think about it how would you feel if people were saying your sister, mother, daughter "deserved" to be raped because they had too much to drink? How many of us have done stupid crap in our youth and you are damn glad you came out of it unscathed?
#2-Those young men are vile and disgusting-a real man would never take advantage of someone who is drunk, much less post the crap...but again parents have no concept of talking to kids and showing them some morality. But it is the culture-as it seems to be in this community-the football players knew what they did was wrong....if you didn't why would you cover it up?

Do I think the punishment fit the crime...honestly I don't know...I have mixed feelings.

If anyone wants to enlighten his/herself read "Our Boys" it is a book eerily similar to this situation

Last edited by dnvrsoul; 03-19-2013 at 12:53 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 12:51 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
[quote=helenejen;28738108]So making up stuff drawn from uneducated opinion and acting like it is true just because is fun to you?

Oh, the hypocrisy. I'm not the one that was throwing out personal attacks and continuing to do so even after the moderator edited your previous post for a personal attack on another poster. [quote]

No idea what you are talking about, but I don't care enough to scroll back through this thread. My posts being deleted is like a tree falling in the woods. I post then I move on, I don't go back several pages to re-read my posts.

Quote:
Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in a fiction writing forum where you can just make stuff up at will and no one can take issue with it.
Sorry online discussion forums get you so worked up and upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies