Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But not to pursue happiness if it means getting married to the same sex. Many conservatives are quite hotly opposed to allowing that.

Meanwhile, since you're so concerned about putting a stop to abortion, please explain to us as to how you would force a woman from getting an abortion?
no one ever seems able to answer this question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:44 PM

674 posts, read 1,056,161 times
Quote:
But not to pursue happiness if it means getting married to the same sex. Many conservatives are quite hotly opposed to allowing that.

Meanwhile, since you're so concerned about putting a stop to abortion, please explain to us as to how you would force a woman from getting an abortion?
Your first point about marriage seems to fall under the conservative category of "Well that is different, because..."

As far as keeping women from getting abortions, simple! We stop manufacturing coat hangers and we install fences around every dark alley in America.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Your first point about marriage seems to fall under the conservative category of "Well that is different, because..."

As far as keeping women from getting abortions, simple! We stop manufacturing coat hangers and we install fences around every dark alley in America.
best round up every woman from 13 on up, test them every few weeks to make sure they are not pregnant. the ones that screw up need to be punished for the sin of sex and sent to a breeding camp with armed guards until they give birth. a panel of good moral men should look over the woman's past and if they feel she is lacking good parenting skills she should be forced to give up her child. ahhhh america

Old 07-02-2013, 08:48 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,824,752 times
Quote:
Not problem solved. Many women, not just low income ones, find it very hard to not spread their legs for guys they find very hot and good looking.
It's a fact that women of higher income and education are more likely to get married before having children. The institution of marriage is becoming a subculture of the affluent.

Low income women OTOH do not get married and only judge on man on crude measures such as looks. I should add low income women are sexually excited by the bad boy persona. Many will have children of dangerous thugs that upper class women would never consider. Lower class women have primitive, animalistic tastes in men and are much to blame for the downfall of our once great culture.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:49 PM

233 posts, read 239,067 times
The whole abortion issue is so toxic in this country, it is hard to even sort out common sense.

The right is wrong in thinking that their Christian beliefs should be forced on everyone. They are wrong in thinking that abortion should not be available to women who have medical issues, rape.

The left is wrong in treating developed children in the womb as nothing but a fetus. LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed by their creator (take note of the word their as it does not mention Jesus or Christian in the speaking of the declaration of independence). The left scares me just as much as the right.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
It's a fact that women of higher income and education are more likely to get married before having children. The institution of marriage is becoming a subculture of the affluent.

Low income women OTOH do not get married and only judge on man on crude measures such as looks. I should add low income women are sexually excited by the bad boy persona. Many will have children of dangerous thugs that upper class women would never consider. Lower class women have primitive, animalistic tastes in men and are much to blame for the downfall of our once great culture.
yeah because there are no good decent moral poor women.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
The left is wrong in treating developed children in the womb as nothing but a fetus. LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed by their creator (take note of the word their as it does not mention Jesus or Christian in the speaking of the declaration of independence). The left scares me just as much as the right.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a pregnant woman crosses into the USA from Mexico illegally - then her fetus is not a citizen right? Which is why a birth certificate is issued to a living, functioning, self sufficient living organism and not to a pregnant woman with a placeholder for a birth date time stamp.

If a woman has a "developed child" in her womb, I'd like to know why she's more than 9 months pregnant.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Under the Constitution the Supreme Court is only allowed to hear cases involving certain issues. (I didn't say they follow this rule, I said it is in there).

Every other Federal Court is created by Congress. Which means Congress controls the federal courts, except for a few instances with the Supremes.

Congress can pass any law it wants to and write in there that the federal courts are not allow to hear any cases involving said law. They have done it in the past.
Then since you know so much, name a for instance. Would the Patriot Act be one? I think you need to account better for your claims how Congress under the Constitution actually has the power to govern bypassing the Supreme Court when the majority and president wants to.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:23 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a pregnant woman crosses into the USA from Mexico illegally - then her fetus is not a citizen right? Which is why a birth certificate is issued to a living, functioning, self sufficient living organism and not to a pregnant woman with a placeholder for a birth date time stamp.

If a woman has a "developed child" in her womb, I'd like to know why she's more than 9 months pregnant.
So you think the fetus moving around in a woman's stomach at 25 weeks is not a living being? I've been pregnant, twice, and it's definitely alive in there. That's the problem with many pro-choice people, they want to pretend that it's nothing in there until it's born. I think any abortion after 20 weeks is barbaric, unless the mother's life is at stake.

Sonograms were the worst thing to happen to the abortion industry. I had sonograms at 9 weeks, and even though they were tiny, you could still see their heart beat and they were moving around in there.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So you think the fetus moving around in a woman's stomach at 25 weeks is not a living being? I've been pregnant, twice, and it's definitely alive in there. That's the problem with many pro-choice people, they want to pretend that it's nothing in there until it's born. I think any abortion after 20 weeks is barbaric, unless the mother's life is at stake.

Sonograms were the worst thing to happen to the abortion industry. I had sonograms at 9 weeks, and even though they were tiny, you could still see their heart beat and they were moving around in there.
On the contrary, I said nothing of the sort. Although re-reading my post, I do understand how I gave that impression. I agree, at a certain point this "mass of cells" is indeed a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies