Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 PM

233 posts, read 239,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a pregnant woman crosses into the USA from Mexico illegally - then her fetus is not a citizen right? Which is why a birth certificate is issued to a living, functioning, self sufficient living organism and not to a pregnant woman with a placeholder for a birth date time stamp.

If a woman has a "developed child" in her womb, I'd like to know why she's more than 9 months pregnant.
Really? You don't see 8 months being different than say 3 weeks or 1.5 months? So you are ok with termination of the child at 9 months...as long as the child was not born yet it is "just a fetus"? Interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 09:53 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So you think the fetus moving around in a woman's stomach at 25 weeks is not a living being? I've been pregnant, twice, and it's definitely alive in there. That's the problem with many pro-choice people, they want to pretend that it's nothing in there until it's born.
Oh, it's alive. It's just not a person.

Quote:
I think any abortion after 20 weeks is barbaric, unless the mother's life is at stake.
That's nice. I think women should be allowed to have an abortion whenever they please, for any reason or none, without having to worry about you think at all. Do you think they should have to worry about what you think?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Oh, it's alive. It's just not a person.

That's nice. I think women should be allowed to have an abortion whenever they please, for any reason or none, without having to worry about you think at all. Do you think they should have to worry about what you think?
I'm not out there trying to shut down clinics. I just think people should have enough sense to realize that aborting a baby (yeah, I said it) in the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy is nothing short of murder. I have a hard time seeing anybody doing this, but then again there are women who do dump newborns in trash cans or out in the street, so who's to say?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Everyone has the right to lead an impoverished, caste system life in America!

Personal responsibility and self-control still off the table?

Liberals claim conservative men support restrictions on abortion and this is true, but it takes more than just conservative men to account for the significant majority of Americans who support numerous restrictions on abortion.

As for that war on women, the truth is women are more likely to support most restrictions on abortion than men, conservative or otherwise.

Common State Abortion Restrictions Spark Mixed Reviews

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154838/Pr...ecord-Low.aspx

Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Conservatives make it a moral issue that we need to protect life, every life is valuable, every child needs to be protected... until that child is born. Once that baby's out of the mother, their tune turns to "Eff you baby AND your mother."

How can Conservatives say w/ a straight face that every child's life is precious, and at the same time actively try to strip all the protections in place to ensure that child has the basics it needs for a healthy childhood?

Cuts to school lunch programs? Cuts to SNAP benefits? Cuts to centers that provide services to newborn & young children?

What kind of depravity does it take to force someone to bring a mouth that they can't afford into the world, then abandon that family to their own devices once you realize it costs YOU money?
Adoption > Abortion.
My personal choice, don't care what others do.
Wanna kill somebody because you don't wanna take care of it? go right ahead, happens all the time with mammals.
Turtles lay eggs, leave them to hatch and let the baby turtles to live on their own.
Some animals will even eat their babies.

Last edited by iNviNciBL3; 07-02-2013 at 10:39 PM..

Old 07-02-2013, 10:49 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm not out there trying to shut down clinics. I just think people should have enough sense to realize that aborting a baby (yeah, I said it) in the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy is nothing short of murder.
You didn't answer my question: do you think total strangers should have to worry about what you think?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Personal responsibility and self-control still off the table?
I agree, unfortunately - when pigs fly!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:23 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Conservatives make it a moral issue that we need to protect life, every life is valuable, every child needs to be protected... until that child is born. Once that baby's out of the mother, their tune turns to "Eff you baby AND your mother."

How can Conservatives say w/ a straight face that every child's life is precious, and at the same time actively try to strip all the protections in place to ensure that child has the basics it needs for a healthy childhood?

Cuts to school lunch programs? Cuts to SNAP benefits? Cuts to centers that provide services to newborn & young children?

What kind of depravity does it take to force someone to bring a mouth that they can't afford into the world, then abandon that family to their own devices once you realize it costs YOU money?

ALL programs are being cut across the board now or didn't you notice. It's the sequester and Obama's idea. Obama still spends on the things he wants though like the 100 million dollar trip to Africa.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Because the corporate interests which bankroll the Religious Right needed a new wedge issue to keep the rubes coming to the polls and cutting checks after opposition to integration in private Christian schools- which is the original issue the Religious Right was founded upon- petered out by the mid 70s. As late as 1974, the Southern Baptist Convention was pro-choice.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Why do Conservatives even care about abortion?

For the same reason abolitionists cared about slavery. All life is precious, even the life of the unborn or yet to be born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies