Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What does this have to do with this trial ?

Trying to make excuses for bad behavior ?
I don't behave badly, so I need not make excuses for anything. I am pointing out the words of people who say that the behaviors of some black people reflect badly on all black people. Does that sound at all familiar to you?

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
WHEWWWW, glad that is over. Long on emotion, short on facts.

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It's funny the white rioting you are talking about didnt even happen in the United States.
What difference does that make?

And just to note: I'm not only talking about that riot in Canada. I'm sure you aren't ignorant to the riots that occur after *US* sporting events, so I'm not gonna even entertain your feigned ignorance.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Especially when Zimmerman himself thought Trayvon was acting suspiciously when he claims he saw Trayvon reach for something from his waistband (as stated on the NEN call).
Okay, the prosecution just mentioned the reaching for the phone thing and also played the video of GZ being asked by the detective why he did not realize that TM might have thought that he (GZ) was reaching for a weapon.

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
I guess Emmett Till's death, the massacre that occurred in Rosewood Florida and the events that happened in Tulsa in 1921 (black wall street) makes the white community look perfect huh?

That's so true. There's this misconception that whites have something to fear from rioting or rampaging blacks, yet in the history of the U.S. black people have been attacked and displaced from their homes, followed, lynched, and killed far more often by whites.

Even Sanford Florida itself is the former site of a black town, that had it's own Mayor, it's own city council----the tycoon Sanford came in and said forget about the existing town, I'm putting my own town in here, and the black people, the stable community, it was destroyed and displaced. !

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not a fail. You suggested (or agreed) that blacks rioting was indicative of the problem in the black community. Just interested in your take on how whites rioting is indicative of the problems in the white community. Aren't you embarrassed?
I'm embarrassed at the stretch you're desperately trying to make.

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They play ignorant when cornered (and then skip the subject and never address your counter argument).

Bottom line: If we are discussing violence *within* one's own community, white males should kindly STHU.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Just viewing that, I don't think GZ was absolutely sure it was necessary to do anything, but observe him. As far as TM was concerned, GZ could have been a resident. That is nothing to get worried about or angry about if you aren't doing something that appears to be suspicious. Why did that tick GZ off so much? And why did he want to continue walking around in the dark and rain? It took him 40 minutes to get from the 7-Eleven to the Complex. Why is he still outside, in the rain, if he is bringing his step-brother some Skittles...his step-brother who he was, supposedly, playing videos games with?
I would get upset if someone was following me in their car and staring at me. Jentel said that Martin was sitting at the club house (mailboxes) when it started to rain. My kids go for a walk and talk on the phone all the time, sometimes for 40 minutes and they haven't left my street which only takes 5 minutes if you are just walking. In FL it could be pouring one minute and stop the next, then drizzle then pour again. From what they (witnesses and cops) were saying it was doing that.

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't behave badly, so I need not make excuses for anything. I am pointing out the words of people who say that the behaviors of some black people reflect badly on all black people. Does that sound at all familiar to you?
Right, and the bad behaviors of white people never seem to reflect badly on ALL white people, do they?

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
They play ignorant when cornered (and then skip the subject and never address your counter argument).

Bottom line: If we are discussing violence *within* one's own community, white males should kindly STHU.
Yeah........something about cornering the market and stuff...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies