Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 05:04 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I have always wanted to know the answer to that question. Maybe because it supposedly i the most popular rifle in the country or maybe they want to put fear in the people? They seem to want to eliminate the most "powerful" rifles, one by one, until all we are left with are sticks and stones. I laugh every time I hear the term "assault rifle" as if the AR were this military style weapon with a burst, that anyone can carry into a mall and start shooting people without moving their finger off the trigger. And then they say but it is a semi-automatic! And I just laugh because they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

I can make my little .22 look like a scary "assault rifle" too. All I need is to buy the kit. Still doesn't make it a weapon of mass destruction though. That's what people need to learn. However more often than not the gun haters know nothing about guns - but like to pretend they do by using terms like "clips" instead of magazines.
Just for your expert information the AR-15 was a precursor to the M16 and was almost purchased for use in Vietnam if not for a change in military procurement philosophy. Not sure what you issue is with calling an AR-15 a military style weapon but I would have to say that a gun that was about to be used by the military as more than just style, it would in fact be a military weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 05:05 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Sorry he is a on the outer fringe if he is a gun owner at all. And if e is why is he? I was a hunters son, and have hunted all my life. it was the mid 80's a decade after the PC started that crime hit my remote area, and I was caught off my guard with no weapons designed for self defense.

You have it quite WRONG. I am not the enemy, nor an i the criminal. You PC have created all of that. I used to be tolerant. I gave in to your ideas of gun control for 55 years. What have i ever received for being tolerant? Not a god damned thing that's what. You still continue to attack my way of life every single day.

You continue to breed rats and set them free every day. All that is different now is i will no longer tolerate you and the PC ways. I will work towards LAW as I see fit and right now The traitor Known as Harry Reid has no VOTES for mid terms for any gun control.

That's my idea of 0 TOLERANCE! See what you PC have taught me?

He's on the outer fringe

Old 09-22-2013, 05:08 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The k98 Mauser is a great rifle- no doubt. I have several ww2 issued weapons and a couple of G43s and G41s. The 8mm shell is a nice round.

However, you can use armor piercing rounds with a .223. Further, given that the AR-15 is semi-auto, you can send more rounds out there quicker. The G-43 and G-41(I would suggest not shooting those) are semi-auto. The G-43 with a modern gas assembly is an awesome weapon- semi-auto in 8mm with a detachable mag- kind of like an M1-A with muscle.

It is interesting that the AR-15 is villified. I would offer that a ww2 M1 carbine (within 200 yards) is equally effective, just as light, and with a decent .30 cartridge . Yet no one seems to mind this weapon.
An M-1 Garand, another antique, is an awesome weapon with .306 shells and a superior range to an AR-15, although a little heavy.

The best, in my opinion, is the:

LMT piston AR-15, 120 round snail drum, slide fire stock and an Eotech or ACOG system. That gives you massive fire power, good range, "full auto" or semi, and excellent optics

The Saiga 12 gauge with 28 round drum and a slide fire stock. Great out to 100 yards with the "combat round" of .50 cal ball with double 00 buck and MASSIVE firepower. I have wondered why the military does not use them for "room clearing". You essentially have a full auto shotgun with an ample supply of ammo.
You had me at M1-A with muscle..

Old 09-22-2013, 05:19 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You know that exactly how, were you at the mall, some indicated he killed himself when he heard the police sirens, truth is we will never know why he killed himself. What we do know is the CCW decided not to take action, good intelligent choice.
The story I got from LE was, the CCW disrupted him. Within minutes of that, was when LE arrived at which point he took his own life. So it was a combination of both. The CCW didn't fire because there were shoppers and staff taking cover in the store behind the shooter and never had a clear view behind the shooter. Yes, that was a good choice.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
To put it mildly, you sound like a nut case. There is no reason to continue the dialogue with nut cases, so I will now depart this thread and join the sane. And to those who asked. Yes I do own a few guns, however, I don't spend my life being obsessed over them. There are far more important things in life than living in fear of being attacked by the bad guys, and thus having to arm yourself when you take a ****. Continue on amongst yourselves with your gun fantasies, I'm not impressed.
Mike you trust other people who are far way to protect you...and you have the audacity to call us us nut cases....damn you sir, damn you and all who think like you..

Yes you are now running away, like every other liberal sheeple who has been exposed as the opinionated ideologue that you are..

its not living in fear, its calling be situational awareness and being a victor, not a victim..

There are far more important things in life then living in fear, like living in freedom and liberty, and not fear of having your rights limited and abolished by some uneducated fools in DC...

I am glad you are not impressed, the opinions of fools are worthless then nothing..

Old 09-22-2013, 05:23 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just for your expert information the AR-15 was a precursor to the M16 and was almost purchased for use in Vietnam if not for a change in military procurement philosophy. Not sure what you issue is with calling an AR-15 a military style weapon but I would have to say that a gun that was about to be used by the military as more than just style, it would in fact be a military weapon.
Except the AR-15 was originally designed as Full-auto. It then became the M4 and the AR-15 became the civillian variant of the M16/M4.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:52 PM

Mellowmike, troll or *******?

I am only 22 but still cant believe anyone is that brain dead..

Last edited by gunlover; 09-22-2013 at 07:06 PM..

Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Mellowmike, trool or *******?

I am only 22 but still cant believe anyone is that brain dead..
Only 22? That's surprising.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Only 22? That's surprising.
How so?

Old 09-22-2013, 07:09 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
How so?
Most people I know in your age bracket are liberal/statist/globalists who can't compute a logical discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies