Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 07:09 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Underclass commits alot of crime. Regular Black people have nothing to do with the majority of this. I don't care what reason it is for, because at the end of the day, I pay for it, and I am the one who has to pay. On one hand, I could look at as "that's what happens when underclass Blacks misbehave". But then I also have to consider that Blacks as a whole have been hated and treated poorly for day one.

I've been profiled, and I didn't look anything like a "hood rat". And you know what? I vowed never to shop there ever again. I figure if I'm going to be singled out from the moment I get in, they deserve NONE of my money, period.

This reality signals to a larger social phenomenon: black individuals who commit crimes are representative of their whole communities, crime is racialized, and there is no qualifier of individual intent. All black people are deemed suspicious and guilty because of the deeds of the very few. Something that doesn't happen with any other race. Certainly not whites.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:28 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
This reality signals to a larger social phenomenon: black individuals who commit crimes are representative of their whole communities, crime is racialized, and there is no qualifier of individual intent. All black people are deemed suspicious and guilty because of the deeds of the very few. Something that doesn't happen with any other race. Certainly not whites.
And this is something that angers me. The question is "Why can't Blacks just be individuals"? If I do something, I take responsibility for it, not people unrelated to me, just ME. I am the one to take responsibility. If another Black person commits a crime, why must the entire Black population be held responsible for it?

Old 11-01-2013, 07:40 PM

705 posts, read 1,260,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What are you going to do about it?
Stereotypes exist for a reason. I would be more angry at people of my race or culture acting the way they've been stereotyped to further prove peoples' points. Look like a thug, act like a thug, get treated like a thug.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
Stereotypes exist for a reason. I would be more angry at people of my race or culture acting the way they've been stereotyped to further prove peoples' points. Look like a thug, act like a thug, get treated like a thug.
I doubt if white inner males get treated the same way black inner males do.

I SE PLENTY of white males with hoodies, sagging pants,etc....

I work in a Federal Building. Most of the people that visit the building are white trashy people that are visitng the social security office.

Pure white trash. I'll put money on it.....those white guys that dress in "street" attire are not getting profiled the way black men that dress the same way are.

Your logic is just plumb dumb.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:56 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
you can make the same parallels with white males and mass shootings/rape/pedophilia.

mass generalizing is what lazy and dumb people do, but its what specifically white conservative males do.

white conservative males say that they judge people as individuals, not groups, which they say supposedly liberals do, yet it is always white conservative males who bring up blacks as a group when they spout off about black crime.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Stereotypes should only be applied to those who fulfill those stereotypes. I would be very angry with those who try to apply that stereotype with me. Having the same skin color/ethnicity as those who behave like thugs doesn't make you a thug. It is what you do. If I haven't done anything to be classified as a thug, why should I be lumped in with the thugs who happen to be Black? And this isn't a rhetorical question. I'm seeking as answer.

Sure, I could be angry at those who fulfill the stereotype, but then I also have to consider that Blacks have been viewed as inferior and have been treated as such from day one, so I can also be mad at those who apply those stereotypes to me.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Stereotypes should only be applied to those who fulfill those stereotypes. I would be very angry with those who try to apply that stereotype with me. Having the same skin color/ethnicity as those who behave like thugs doesn't make you a thug. It is what you do. If I haven't done anything to be classified as a thug, why should I be lumped in with the thugs who happen to be Black? And this isn't a rhetorical question. I'm seeking as answer.

Sure, I could be angry at those who fulfill the stereotype, but then I also have to consider that Blacks have been viewed as inferior and have been treated as such from day one, so I can also be mad at those who apply those stereotypes to me.

Just as a side, as you know, I believe this forum is filled with a lot of uneducated people. No one with good sense is going to say the ass backwards things that are said on this forum.

These fools do not represent the majority, in the real world, and as you know, there are a lot of white people that do "get it" and they do understand, both liberal and conservative. Unfortunately, this forum is filled with the trash.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you can make the same parallels with white males and mass shootings/rape/pedophilia.

mass generalizing is what lazy and dumb people do, but its what specifically white conservative males do.

white conservative males say that they judge people as individuals, not groups, which they say supposedly liberals do, yet it is always white conservative males who bring up blacks as a group when they spout off about black crime.
Uh; mass shootings ain't that much of a "white" thing in 2013; many Blacks and even a few Asians are doing those same things.

Rape: I don't know what group of dudes are worse; either Black or white.

Pedos: I'm quite sure many kids of any color get hurt by Black pedos as well as by white ones.

You gotta remember us whites about 6 times the number of people in the US compared to Black people so in numbers there'd be more "white" crime.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:33 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; mass shootings ain't that much of a "white" thing in 2013; many Blacks and even a few Asians are doing those same things.

Rape: I don't know what group of dudes are worse; either Black or white.

Pedos: I'm quite sure many kids of any color get hurt by Black pedos as well as by white ones.

You gotta remember us whites about 6 times the number of people in the US compared to Black people so in numbers there'd be more "white" crime.
IT's all moot anyway once you adjust for things like poverty.

There is no statistical evidence than skin color has any bearing on crime etc.

It does correlate to poverty etc. though, for obvious reasons.....and poverty etc. are what links to crime.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
IT's all moot anyway once you adjust for things like poverty.

There is no statistical evidence than skin color has any bearing on crime etc.

It does correlate to poverty etc. though, for obvious reasons.....and poverty etc. are what links to crime.
That is part of it. It is also how a person is raised that plays a part too,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies