Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 12:40 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiovo View Post
When someone has this mindset, then anytime something happens to them or doesn't go in their favor, the race card gets thrown out. I've been followed by cops(or so I'm assumed I was being followed since they were behind me for awhile). I've been followed around or eyed in stores, probably because the stores I shopped at, the majority of their shoplifters were young females. Everyone has been unfairly judged, doesn't mean you need to walk around with a chip on your shoulder.
Stating the reality is not having a chip on my shoulder. I have a problem with being followed around because it goes according to "guilty until proven innocent". And saying that I "have a chip on my shoulder" is merely a way of downplaying some of the things that have happened to me, and to my father.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:11 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Just as a side, as you know, I believe this forum is filled with a lot of uneducated people. No one with good sense is going to say the ass backwards things that are said on this forum.

These fools do not represent the majority, in the real world, and as you know, there are a lot of white people that do "get it" and they do understand, both liberal and conservative. Unfortunately, this forum is filled with the trash.
Well, such persons don't represent the majority. That being said, there might be some who have the guts to say this to someone's face. I had a professor who had the guts to say it, not only to my face, but to other people.

There are some who do get it. The one's who have bigoted views, what I worry about is those persons having enough power to do something disturbing, something that would affect me.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 PM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you study the slave trade closer, African tribes never referred to themselves as "Blacks" on a all-encompassing scale. The whole "they captured their own" is quite incorrect. I don't think someone who is Hausa would ever refer to a Fulani or a Wolof as "one of their own".

And further more, there were also slave raids done by some explorers who came from places like the UK and Portugal.

If Black Americans should take it up with those who sold them, they should also take it up with those from places like the UK, Portugal, Spain, and other places who brought them here. The African tribes didn't sail those ships.

My point is that for as long as Blacks have been here, they have been hated and looked down on.
It was the African tribesman who rounded them up and sold them off as slaves though. The Africans were the shop keepers and the whites where the customers. Each had their role in the transaction. So yes, AA's should look in the mirror to an extent when talking about slavery. Why should whites assume all of the blame while Africans are not held accountable?

AA's haven't always been treated right. At the same time, is it right and proper to hate on whitey in response? 99% of them have done nothing to harm AA's. +95% have no direct family history that ties them into the slave trade. I would bet that the majority, like me, came from families who arrived here after slavery was abolished. Why the issue continues to resurface is simple. Many AA's don't want to let it go. They want slavery to be blasted in the faces of whites. The race card is alive and well as a result.

As I've said in another thread... My family came off the boats from Poland just before WW1. There is also some Native American mixed in there. Yup... Two groups that were always treated wonderful, correct

So when the who slavery issue is brought up repeatedly, I just tune out. It has nothing to do with me, or my ancestors.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:20 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
What better way for the police to raise revenues than aggressively go after folks that have no money. Makes perfect sense.
They eventually get more money. Maybe even money for the private prison. You do know that many states and counties have "quotas" with their private prisons. Gotta keep so many locked up or they have to pay the prison out of pocket.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It was the African tribesman who rounded them up and sold them off as slaves though. The Africans were the shop keepers and the whites where the customers. Each had their role in the transaction. So yes, AA's should look in the mirror to an extent when talking about slavery. Why should whites assume all of the blame while Africans are not held accountable?

AA's haven't always been treated right. At the same time, is it right and proper to hate on whitey in response? 99% of them have done nothing to harm AA's. +95% have no direct family history that ties them into the slave trade. I would bet that the majority, like me, came from families who arrived here after slavery was abolished. Why the issue continues to resurface is simple. Many AA's don't want to let it go. They want slavery to be blasted in the faces of whites. The race card is alive and well as a result.

As I've said in another thread... My family came off the boats from Poland just before WW1. There is also some Native American mixed in there. Yup... Two groups that were always treated wonderful, correct

So when the who slavery issue is brought up repeatedly, I just tune out. It has nothing to do with me, or my ancestors.
The topic of this thread isn't about American slavery. Don't want you to get that impression by my use of the word in my title.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Even those of us with "slave master" blood ain't guilty of a thing in 2013 because we weren't even alive when slavery was legal in the US.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:44 PM

Stop-and-Frisk Fallout - WSJ.com

On Friday, Mr. Lhota and his top surrogate, former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, called on Mr. de Blasio to apologize to the NYPD for his opposition to stop and frisk.

"This has been the whole rationale for his campaign; this is how he defeated all the other people," said Mr. Giuliani, who referred to Mr. de Blasio's primary victory. "The court of appeals has just basically said to him: 'That is a bunch of malarkey.' And we know it's a bunch of malarkey."

Mr. Giuliani added, "People could die as a result of backing off stop and frisk."

Mr. de Blasio said he believed he could make the city safer in the long run if the stop-and-frisk tactic was fixed along with the relationship between the NYPD and the community.

"As for Mr. Giuliani," Mr. de Blasio said, "I'm not looking to him for advice on police-community relations."

Kudos to the new mayor.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The topic of this thread isn't about American slavery. Don't want you to get that impression by my use of the word in my title.
That's right and God forbid anyone expose the truth.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Obamacare will ensure more prisoners and the good news is prisoners get obamacare!!!!!!

The domestic federal agencies are armed to the teeth and comming for you.
“Criminal penalties
Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses. Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:
• Section 7203 – misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.
• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.” [page 3]"

Dramatic OP statement ensures no credibility will be given to a wild rant. At least obama lies at first to get the ear of folks, later on he lies. Might be a better strategy if you want to recruit followers.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
When it comes to raising revenue, harassment, and falsifying/planting evidence, its blacks and other minorities (blacks, poor people, hispanics, people with certain cars or who dress a certain way) who suffer the most. Statistics show the number of stops on people of color and other traits depending on area, are extremely disproportionate to the current majority (whites, upper middle class whites particularly).

Why should they be allowed to do this and is this the intended purpose of a government Police force to begin with?

Private Police forces can be maintained with much more transparency and due process.

We currently have the highest incarceration rate (per capita and raw numbers) in the world.

What are you going to do about it?
Why don't you grow up and get that chip off your shoulder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies