U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2014, 11:31 PM
 
13,012 posts, read 7,216,272 times
Reputation: 2057

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I am fascinated by Jewish history. They were the 'Chosen' people of God, namely the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and when they obeyed their God they always prevailed over their idol worshiping enemies. However they themselves constantly turned against their God, following the idols of the Gentile tribes around them, until Israel was eventually apostate, causing God to bring forth His own Son to provide salvation for them as well as the Gentiles. What amazes me is that they rejected and killed their own Messiah 2,000 years ago, and continue to deny Him to this day. Not all Jews rejected Jesus of course, since the original Christian apostles and martyrs were Jewish.
"Skinny Legs And All" was written for you.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 02-18-2014, 05:11 AM
 
39,067 posts, read 39,246,710 times
Reputation: 18209
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I am fascinated by Jewish history. They were the 'Chosen' people of God, namely the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and when they obeyed their God they always prevailed over their idol worshiping enemies. However they themselves constantly turned against their God, following the idols of the Gentile tribes around them, until Israel was eventually apostate, causing God to bring forth His own Son to provide salvation for them as well as the Gentiles. What amazes me is that they rejected and killed their own Messiah 2,000 years ago, and continue to deny Him to this day. Not all Jews rejected Jesus of course, since the original Christian apostles and martyrs were Jewish.
Jesus was a fake and not a messiah as far as the Jews are concerned (except the minority that later became the basis for Christianity). From a Jewish perspective if he had been a true messiah, things would be quite different today.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
 
13,012 posts, read 7,216,272 times
Reputation: 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Jesus was a fake and not a messiah as far as the Jews are concerned (except the minority that later became the basis for Christianity). From a Jewish perspective if he had been a true messiah, things would be quite different today.
Collective authority does not bow to an individual who is not a dictator.

Lessons from Hitler.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
 
9,965 posts, read 16,403,704 times
Reputation: 9193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
What is a "Muslim Jew"?
I dunno, but they sure as hell ain't ordering a bacon sandwich for lunch...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
1,874 posts, read 2,445,284 times
Reputation: 2483
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You can be a Muslin Jew. Sarah Silverman claims to be an atheist Jew.
Muslim Jew? Atheist Jew?

Oxymorons.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-18-2014, 06:28 PM
 
6,012 posts, read 7,463,434 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You can be a Muslin Jew. Sarah Silverman claims to be an atheist Jew.
Well that's because jews took the religious aspect and turned it into an ethnic group.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 PM
 
6,012 posts, read 7,463,434 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Of Israeli and Palestinian leaders who was born in Palestine?
Interesting reading;

ISRAELI LEADERS:
BENJAMIN NETANYAHU, - Born 21 October 1949 in Tel Aviv.
EHUD BARAK, - Born 12 February 1942 in Mishmar HaSharon, British Mandate of Palestine.
ARIEL SHARON, - Born 26 February 1928 in Kfar Malal, British Mandate of Palestine.
EHUD OLMERT, - Born 30 September 1945 in Binyamina-Giv'at Ada, British Mandate of Palestine.
ITZHAK RABIN, - Born 1 March 1922 in Jerusalem British Mandate of Palestine.
ITZHAK NAVON,- Israeli President in 1977-1982. Born 9 April 1921 in Jerusalem, British Mandate of Palestine.
EZER WEIZMAN, - Israeli President in 1993-2000. Born 15 June 1924 in Tel Aviv, British Mandate of Palestine.

ARAB “PALESTINIAN” LEADERS:
YASSER ARAFAT, - Born 24 August 1929 in Cairo, Egypt.
SAEB EREKAT, - Born April 28, 1955, in Jordan. He has the Jordanian citizenship.
FAISAL ABDEL QADER AL-HUSSEINI, - Born in1948 in Bagdad, Iraq.
SARI NUSSEIBEH, - Born in 1949 in Damascus, Syria.
MAHMOUD AL-ZAHAR, - Born in 1945, in Cairo, Egypt.

So, Israeli leaders, who were born in Palestine, are “Settlers" or "Invaders”.
While Palestinian Arab leaders who were born in Egypt, Syria, Iraq and Tunisia are “Native Palestinians”???!!!

I find this hard to believe!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-21-2014, 07:42 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,546,921 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Jesus was a fake and not a messiah as far as the Jews are concerned (except the minority that later became the basis for Christianity). From a Jewish perspective if he had been a true messiah, things would be quite different today.
Well, I guess that the Jewish establishment wanted someone who would 'deliver' them from their enemies, and place them at the top of the socio-economic ladder at the time. Of course Jesus came to redeem their souls, not their bank accounts. Those who chose to follow Him are the ones who will enter heaven by the narrow gate, while the majority will follow the wide road to wherever that leads.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 01:53 PM
 
39,067 posts, read 39,246,710 times
Reputation: 18209
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Well, I guess that the Jewish establishment wanted someone who would 'deliver' them from their enemies, and place them at the top of the socio-economic ladder at the time. Of course Jesus came to redeem their souls, not their bank accounts. Those who chose to follow Him are the ones who will enter heaven by the narrow gate, while the majority will follow the wide road to wherever that leads.
Well looking at the bigger picture since there is nobody that can prove or disprove what happens after death at this point in time.

But getting back to the main point, the Orthodox Jews believe that they can settle anywhere in the area which is considered Israel according to the Bible.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM
 
4,516 posts, read 4,546,921 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Well looking at the bigger picture since there is nobody that can prove or disprove what happens after death at this point in time.

But getting back to the main point, the Orthodox Jews believe that they can settle anywhere in the area which is considered Israel according to the Bible.
Joshua led the Jews into Canaan with the command of God to kill all inhabitants in the lands they were to occupy, which they didn't do... today the land grab is more subtle. The tribes of Reuben and Gad chose to take land in today's Jordan, while the other tribes crossed the Jordan west into Canaan. The Arabs, now mostly Muslims, are cousins to the Jews, and their bloodlines are mixed with each other, due to constant captivities and their proximity to each other. Some Jews, particularly those tracing a 'pure' bloodline back to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, feel that they are still the only chosen people of God. These 2 examples contrast the eager Gentile faith with the Pharasees' stubornness to accept Jesus as their Messiah:

'But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet; for just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will stand up with this generation at the judgment, and will condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here. The Queen of the South will rise up with this generation at the judgment and will condemn it, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. (Matthew 12:39-42).
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:36 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top