Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2014, 08:46 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times

Advertisements

I have to laugh, EVERY SINGLE DRUG ON THE SCHEDULE 1 LIST is less harmful than the ones on the schedule 2 and most on the 3 and 4 list.
The exception is heroin and the other opioid on schedule 1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control...led_substances
Thank you stupid DEA. Read the DEA's description of the drugs. They are stupider than most 5th graders on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 09:54 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
but when you smoke dope you are high.
How do you know? Ever smoked it?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times
Quote:
Drug addicts become a burden for the rest of the society, so when you think its "freedom" to let people do what they want, it takes freedoms away from those who has to finance the damage. Freedom is great when enjoyed responsibly and without burdening others with cleaning up the mess.
Finn is of course, another one of these "all use is abuse" people. Exactly how does someone who chooses to relax with an evening joint on his backporch affect you? Exactly what "damage" is he causing?

I'm sure many here would like to know.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoJoe View Post
Finn is of course, another one of these "all use is abuse" people. Exactly how does someone who chooses to relax with an evening joint on his backporch affect you? Exactly what "damage" is he causing?

I'm sure many here would like to know.
Quite obviously I am talking about those who become a burden. Why else would I be talking about the burden?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
When you ban prayer in schools, or forbid people from expressing their views about gay marriage etc, YOU are having a problem with people living their lives as they see fit. Drug addicts become a burden for the rest of the society, so when you think its "freedom" to let people do what they want, it takes freedoms away from those who has to finance the damage. Freedom is great when enjoyed responsibly and without burdening others with cleaning up the mess.

I have faith, so personally I don't have a problem with prayer in school. Pray all you want! Having said that, my beliefs are not yours! This is NOT a theocracy no matter how much you want it to be! Ever hear of separation of church and state? The government should NOT be promoting religion! PERIOD!!! Furthermore, why should I be subjected to someone elses beliefs, when we know damn well that those in power like to twist things to suit their agenda.

As to your second point and referencing "drug addicts" you've been told time and again that USE IS NOT ABUSE!!! However; you're still hung up on the old cliches and stereotypes that people who use cannabis are addicts, or lazy and worthless stoners, when it has been proven otherwise! It's called MODERATION!!! I'm sorry that you don't understand that.

As for gay marriage. Why does it matter to you what two consenting adults do in their private life? How does it effect you personally? If you're straight, you can't "catch" it! You can't pray it away! I can't imagine what a gay person must go through in struggling with acceptance and being persecuted for being born the way they are. I applaud those who can rise above it, and be content with who they are. So if two people of the same sex want to be together, and it makes them happy, then good for them! That is between them, and God or whatever higher power they worship (or not).

Finally. Freedom is being also having the responsibility and accountability for your OWN DAMN SELF, and staying out of other people's lives, unless their actions have personally harmed you! People smoking a doobie in their own home and what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is not my business, nor is it yours. It isn't causing harm to myself or you either.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Obama is and always shall be an idiot.

Henceforth, I will always refer him as the idiot.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
People who believe that laws are for controlling what people consume or what they do with their bodies are very scary indeed.

Yes they are.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Alcohol problems are by no means limited to only those who are addicted.

I repeat. We've proven we can't handle one legal drug that you have to go to the store and buy. Why in the world would we want to legalize another one that you can grow in your backyard and don't even need to leave home to abuse?

Given our history of not handlng the drug that is legal well, we need to not legalize anything else.
It's bad enough we encourage people to check out with one drug. We don't need any more.
You have point here! I do wonder how they'd keep this from under age users. With alcohol you have to go to the store and purchase it. How will people buy this without young kids getting it?

My position has always been to decriminalize it, too many people are in prison for possession.

Let's not forget prescription meds are making many check out!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You have point here! I do wonder how they'd keep this from under age users. With alcohol you have to go to the store and purchase it. How will people buy this without young kids getting it?

My position has always been to decriminalize it, too many people are in prison for possession.

Let's not forget prescription meds are making many check out!

The same rules should apply as with alcohol. 21 and over.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I agree they could change the sentencing guidelines for drug offences, but legalization is going too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies