Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:58 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and it is the atheists that are more inclined to put down Christians than the other way around. They expect all of us to think the way they do...now, who is the bigoted group?
I've seen no shortage of snarky and condescending posts from the Christians in this and other threads.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,909,798 times
They do love to climb up on their cross and pretend to be a victim even as they're busy victimizing others.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
So she did a christian like act (the little girl chopped off her waist-length hair to donate it to cancer patients) and didn't grow her hair back and gets told to hit the road. She is more christ-like then the schools administration. I guess christ himself would not be allowed into the school since he had long hair and would be accused of homosexuality or alternative gender identity.
That happened at a non religious charter school.
As I understand it, the school reconsidered and the child is welcome.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:52 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Most of us don't have any actual problems with Jesus. Jesus is one cool dude.

The issues we typically have are with his followers who ignore pretty much everything he stood for and do things like this. Not saying it's typical of all Christians or private schools, just saying that as it comes up, it's pretty deplorable.
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians." - Mohandas K. Gandhi ("The Mahatma")

Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Private business, freedom of association, freedom of religion and the free exercise thereof.

Done.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:17 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
So what if they were? It's a Christian school, isn't it?

Speculation, yes, but it did sound to me as though girls are expected to dress like girls at school. I see nothing wrong with that. It's a private school. When I was growing up, some private schools required boys to where a tie, too. Big deal.

It isn't "sex obsession." It is more a matter of dressing decently, don't you think? When I was a kid in public school, the girls wore dresses, or skirts and blouses, and the boys wore slacks and a shirt. Today, kids often dress like slobs. I don't see anything wrong with requiring decent dress.
Back in those days when girls wore dresses, the BOYS looked up the girls dresses when they went up the stairs. When my girls were young and in public school, they refused to wear skirts for that reason. In fact having worked in public schools until 3 years ago where girls wore uniform skirts, the girls wore Bermuda shorts under their skirts because of that.

BTW, I am 65 years old and I know all about the "good old days".

Old 03-31-2014, 05:52 PM

Default My two daughters and Feminine Stereotypes

While both my daughters played sports from about 5 years old, my older daughter once she reached pre-teen years, went out on dates. There was not a party that she didn't go to. Dressed up in gowns, heels, makeup, hair, nails, etc. Cost a FORTUNE for all this.

Younger daughter? You couldn't PAY her to wear a dress. She wore overalls and jeans. All the prim and proper little girls picked on her because of the way she dressed. Needless to say, all the neighborhood boys liked her very much. THEY were her friends. She kicked soccer balls and played football with them. Played on their school sports teams. She went on scavenger hunts with them and dug in the dirt to find treasures.

One of her treasures was the skeleton of a bird. Daddy helped her glue the bones together and mount it, which she displayed on her dresser. So much for dolls. The boys thought this was the coolest thing they ever saw. Then she invited the GIRLS to show them what her latest project was. I guess she wanted to get back at them. They took one look at that dead bird and RAN from the house screaming. lol They never teased her again.

She never went on dates, Sweet Sixteen parties, or the Proms. The three times she ever wore a dress were under her graduation gowns (required), and at HER WEDDING.

My older daughter who did all the "feminine" things and dress as a teenager? She is a LESBIAN woman today.

How they dress as CHILDREN means nothing. Their sexual orientation is how are they INSIDE as human beings, and not how they dress. Think about what I said. Which of my two daughters would the "Christian" world think would be the Lesbian?

Old 03-31-2014, 05:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Private business, freedom of association, freedom of religion and the free exercise thereof.

Done.
If their dress code does not prohibit it, then the school has no case, ambiguity sides with the person who didnt write the contract, or in this case dress code.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Guarantee you the issue isn't the hair. Or the clothes. It is probably something thing to do with the child's behavior, that the school can not, and should not, discuss in the media.
Behavior? Read my subsequent post about my own daughters. I would bet that this Christian school would have picked my wrong child who they thought was going to be GAY.

BTW, it didn't matter to me, back then or now, if one or both of my children were gay. For that reason alone I would NEVER have sent them to that kind of a school in the first place.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:02 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Behavior? Read my subsequent post about my own daughters. I would bet that this Christian school would have picked my wrong child who they thought was going to be GAY.

BTW, it didn't matter to me, back then or now, if one or both of my children were gay. For that reason alone I would NEVER have sent them to that kind of a school in the first place.
The behavior I was talking about has nothing to do with sexuality, but behavior in general.

Plus sometimes what a parent is told and what they hear and/or choose to focus on are very different
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Example of what I mean at this post.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-31-2014 at 11:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies