Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
When the homosexuals go ELSEWHERE and stop trying to force the lost battle of 100% compliance. At that point in time you might start to gain some friends and allies but based on current behavior and attitudes that is exceptionally not ever to be a likely or even remotely possible event occurrence.
Ummmmm .....

I think the Lesbian and Gay Community has a lot of friends and allies.

Don't you? I mean, I could start listing them ...

Old 08-12-2014, 09:02 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
She sure showed them, now her company website is offline, and her Facebook page has a "permanently closed" status.
The homosexual militant bullies are rejoicing at destroying somebody’s livelihood. You must be ecstatic. My sympathy, support and allegiance is with the ruined shopkeepers.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Ummmmm .....

I think the Lesbian and Gay Community has a lot of friends and allies.

Don't you? I mean, I could start listing them ...
By these diabolical actions they are creating many powerful enemies.

Caveat aggressor.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:14 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,555,268 times
Quote:
...Had the misfortune of having these diabolical lesbians darken her door and because they were not sold a dress the business must be destroyed and the owner unable to put food on the table. All over a dress. In the warped sick twisted mind of the homosexual this is somehow considered fair. Folks sympathize with the ruined business owner and do not look kindly on the lesbians that didn’t get a dress.

What society/reality do you live in? The business owner did nothing legally wrong and she is NOT experiencing any legal recourse. The business owner IS experiencing societal recourse. I think you're just peeved that so many people are on the side of the "homosexuals." Because let's face it, if the majority shared YOUR opinion, hardly anyone would be outraged. But, turns out, you're in the minority when it comes to your thinking. That's not my opinion, the amount of backlash the shop owner has received proves my point.

If I were a news broadcaster and I utter a racial slur on live television, there is nothing illegal about it. However, I should prepare myself for society to be outraged and for my employer to terminate my employment resulting in my own demise because of MY own actions. Simple...as...that.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh please.
Refuse to sell the dress to her is pushing the religious agenda. Getting mad at her for sharing her experience on social media is bullying and drama queen behavior.
The free exercise of religion is in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Since when in God’s name does the feelings of the homosexual get to trump or supersede the right to engage in and practice religious freedom? Just go to another store and stop bullying and picking on those who do not agree nor will ever comply with you and your agenda

Old 08-12-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
However, I should prepare myself for society to be outraged and for my employer to terminate my employment resulting in my own demise because of MY own actions. Simple...as...that.
And be prepared for those who sympathize with the shopkeeper to support and rally to THIER defense. The enemy of my friend is my enemy.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,761 times
I really think that the bottom line is going to come down to this. Many people don't like the idea (for whatever reason) so they don't want to hear about it. News flash: Gay marriage is here to stay. It's been voted in, and it will not be going away. The more you fight it, the more you will hear about it, because they will fight back. The sooner you get over yourself and just leave it alone, the less you will hear about it. You don't have to like it, nor do you have to agree with it, but it's here, and it's reality, get used to it.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
The free exercise of religion is in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Since when in God’s name does the feelings of the homosexual get to trump or supersede the right to engage in and practice religious freedom? Just go to another store and stop bullying and picking on those who do not agree nor will ever comply with you and your agenda
This wasn't bullying. This was something unacceptable happening in 2014 and it just so happens that news travels in milliseconds in 2014. We no longer have to wait for the newspaper to arrive on our doorsteps the next morning. With Twitter and Facebook, ANYONE with a pulse can communicate with real, live news broadcasters instantly. This allows stories that would have never been in the news to make headlines. With that said, if YOU had an awful experience at a restaurant, you could instantly make a TON of people aware of it...because that's the way communication works in 2014. You're mad. You talk to the manager and he/she doesn't really care, whatever. Well you're still not happy. You post a negative review on Yelp, you tweet your experience, you post your experience to your Facebook page. Soon enough, members of the general public see your experience...people that you don't even know are seeing and reading about your encounter. With that said, the general public will either be outraged and upset with you. Maybe people will stop patronizing the business...or, they'll deem your complaint a non-issue and continue about their business. See how that works? The general public sided with the two women based on their experience. You're simply mad that in 2014 the majority of our society sees the wrong with discriminating against people for their sexuality.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
And be prepared for those who sympathize with the shopkeeper to support and rally to THIER defense. The enemy of my friend is my enemy.

Go for it. It appears, however, that your side is losing in the eyes of the law. More and more states legalize same-sex marriage at nearly a weekly rate and with this shopkeeper's latest move, more and more towns are including sexual orientation in their non-discrimination laws. So go ahead, I encourage you to continue to "rally" for your side. You're already losing, so might as well continue doing something you've proven to be good at.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:41 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
You keep on using the word "bully".

Every action, there is a reaction. Bridal shop owner refused to sell her a dress, she shared her experience with the world.

THEY BOTH have to deal with the consequences of their action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies