Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 09:18 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,066,958 times

Advertisements

Gruber mentioned all over this page, straight from the White House in late 2009.

Word from the White House: Objective Analysis Shows Reform will Help Small Businesses, Lower Premiums for American Families | The White House

Old 11-18-2014, 09:21 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,279,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I don't know any liberals that have nothing about the Obama administration that bothers them.

That still doesn't put him on the same level as Republicans.
LOL thanks for the laugh on that one!

Seriously, there are far too many posters on CD who post nothing but "I love Obama" threads all day long. Just when I think "hey, we might agree on this issue" oh no, that's ok with them too. And from them, I've never seen any concerning comments or posts expressing anything other than defending Obama constantly. If so, please point them out to me.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:21 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,331,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Your point is valid. Just not in this thread. Start one separate with equal documentation of chicanery. Then your posts will have some validity. Otherwise you look like one who just wants to sidetrack the thread.
I actually have to agree with this. In the initial comment I quoted (back of the bus), I failed to catch the reference to Obama's comment, then found myself in defensive mode, thus making my entire post a bit off topic. Not intentional, but that's how it happened.

Anyway, people know where I stand, and you are right, my comments are out of context in THIS thread.

Thanks. Reps coming your way if I'm allowed to.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:27 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,066,958 times
Another.

Gruber Report on Whitehouse.gov

Old 11-18-2014, 09:40 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,570,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
That was some debate as none of the legislators who approved obamacare knew what was in it. No one could cite page or verse to defend. Proof is that Dems who approved obamacare are constantly surprosed by its requirements.

The cornhusker kickback and LA purchse were private sales.

Obama has zero credibility and generates a feeling of disgust whenver he appears as his words are just unintelligible sounds.
Personally, I vomit a little bit in the back of my throat every time he claims transparency and that he is working for the good of all.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:41 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,523,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They do not realize that Gruber realized it, and he assumed it was a great secret which no one knew about. Anyone who has ever had insurance of any kind knows this "secret".
You continue to invent your own narrative.

The hidden fact is that risk rating for healthy vs. unhealthy people would be completely eliminated. Anyone who's had insurance knows individual risk or prior history is factored into rates. Why do you think so many people don't want to report potential claims to insurance companies.

Even when the age of enrollees became well-publicized in 2013 and multi-millions were spent to signup 'young invincibles' the issue was blurred. Who they needed to enroll were Healthy Young people, not ones who already have asthma, hypertension, obesity-related issues, etc..

Old 11-18-2014, 09:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Even when the age of enrollees became well-publicized in 2013 and multi-millions were spent to signup 'young invincibles' the issue was blurred. Who they needed to enroll were Healthy Young people, not ones who already have asthma, hypertension, obesity-related issues, etc..
Enrolling the young and the healthy (and everyone else) was the plan, not a secret. There is even a mandate. This maybe news to you, but it is true.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:01 AM

89,311 posts, read 45,022,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Enrolling the young and the healthy (and everyone else) was the plan, not a secret. There is even a mandate. This maybe news to you, but it is true.
It was sold as insurance for everyone. What Obama, Gruber, and the Dems tried to hide from the American public was that the young and healthy were going to be severely overcharged to subsidize the old and sick. Gruber even admits it.

The outcome?
Quote:
"Americans who says they’ve been hurt by Obamacare outnumber those who say they’ve benefited from it by more than 2 to 1, according to recent polls by both Rasmussen and Gallup."
The High Costs of Obamacare | RealClearPolitics

Old 11-18-2014, 10:07 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,417,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
LOL thanks for the laugh on that one!

Seriously, there are far too many posters on CD who post nothing but "I love Obama" threads all day long. Just when I think "hey, we might agree on this issue" oh no, that's ok with them too. And from them, I've never seen any concerning comments or posts expressing anything other than defending Obama constantly. If so, please point them out to me.
Some of Obama's disapproval rating is actually on the left.

It is hard to quantify that on the forum, since liberals aren't as outspoken here as conservative.

As for me... I have my issues with the President.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:09 AM

26,589 posts, read 15,157,406 times
Default Obama praises Gruber, says he steals ideas from Gruber liberally

Obama praised ‘bright ideas’ of health-care architect who called voters stupid | New York Post

Obama said this before the recent hub bub. You have to hand it to Obama, he was smarter than Pelosi as he didn't pretend that he never had heard of him before.

In Obama's defense, he can claim that he just likes Gruber's ideas - not his lies - even though Gruber has already spoken about framing lies with Obama in the room while in the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.