Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 02:18 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
"Live and let live" doesn't do much for you?

I suppose there are people who still don't recognize interracial marriage, in spite of its legality trumping the once nearly-unanimous social opposition to it. Those people, unfortunately for them, have had the world turn in spite of their petty opposition to something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Come to think of it wasn't the ban against interracial marriage really silly....being that it was just a man and a woman getting married..isn't that just Holy Matrimony...I think that the people of the State of California have granted full equality to all Californian Homosexuals with ours Domestic Partnerships Laws....So Just Let Me HIP YOU to what the Homosexual Agenda is beyond ' Domestic Partnerships..The Normalizition Of Homosexual Activity.

Below is a short list of the rights that I supported...A Christian Minister for California Homosexuals....

(A) Domestic Parterships
(B) The right to be FOSTER PARENTS AND ADOPTION RIGHTS
(C) HATE CRIME Legislation for any Assuals On Homosexuals
(D) Anti-Job Termination Legislation
(E) Anti-Property Right Discrimination Laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 04:45 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,152,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Untrue. I don't have a problem with gay people. As long as it doesn't affect me. Don't make out in front of me and grope each other just to get a reaction out of me. That goes for gays and straights.

And as I've said before, I won't acknowledge a marriage between two same-sex people any more than I will a marriage between two inanimate objects.

But like I said, apparently that's just me.

It's not an equality thing, because marriage is quite clearly defined. You can be equal but not married. Maybe by definition you can't be a doctor either, but just because you're gay, everything should be customized for you?

Civil unions accomplish the things you folks are supposedly looking for, but you're not satisfied with just being equal.

I don't think you realize exactly how bigoted you are!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I personally do not give a flip if two other consenting adults of the same sex want to get married, what is bothersome to me is that there is a significant portion of the population that make this one of their biggest issues when voting for a President, when the country is in a recession at home and an occupation quagmire abroad. To me this issue is WAY down on the scale of any relevancy when deciding who our next leader should be.
RIGHT!! It helps to explain how we end up getting such undesirable and unpopular presidents as Bush. To a lot a people and voters by far one of the greatest acts he did as president was hold a special announcement to say that he supported the marriage amendment to the constitution. Now that his relection securing votes resulted in victory, notice he never brings that matter up these days.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

Come to think of it wasn't the ban against interracial marriage really silly....being that it was just a man and a woman getting married..isn't that just Holy Matrimony...I think that the people of the State of California have granted full equality to all Californian Homosexuals with ours Domestic Partnerships Laws....So Just Let Me HIP YOU to what the Homosexual Agenda is beyond ' Domestic Partnerships..The Normalizition Of Homosexual Activity.

Below is a short list of the rights that I supported...A Christian Minister for California Homosexuals....

(A) Domestic Parterships
(B) The right to be FOSTER PARENTS AND ADOPTION RIGHTS
(C) HATE CRIME Legislation for any Assuals On Homosexuals
(D) Anti-Job Termination Legislation
(E) Anti-Property Right Discrimination Laws
With all that you've supported, you are helping to "normalize homosexual activity," whatever that means, exactly.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
With all that you've supported, you are helping to "normalize homosexual activity," whatever that means, exactly.
Not really. Because he's saying the same thing I do (correct me if I'm wrong Howest):

Go ahead and be gay. Have your civil unions. Fight against inequality for gay people in the workplace or whatever.

But you can't be married. It just isn't possible. Because marriage takes place between a man and a woman.

And I won't let homosexuality become so "normal" that it impedes on an institution that I hold near and dear.

As I've said, it may become law that two men are (what? "husband and husband?" or does one of you call yourself the "wife?" how the hell does that work anyway??) married. But it won't be because of my vote, believe me.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:37 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,978 times
Quote:
Because marriage takes place between a man and a woman.
No..

Polygamy, gay marriage, and other forms of marriage have existed for centuries. If you knew anything about sociology, you'd know that. No religion has a monpoly on the word marriage.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:38 PM

251 posts, read 710,253 times
Quote:
Polygamy, gay marriage, and other forms of marriage have existed for centuries.
They existed before religion was even created. Marriage is nothing more than a way to pass down one's inheritance.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:46 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,506 times
Once again, that's fine. It's more to me and like I've said, it may become law, but not due to my support.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:50 PM

251 posts, read 710,253 times
That's alright.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:52 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,768 times
Quote:
And I won't let homosexuality become so "normal" that it impedes on an institution that I hold near and dear.
Well, that sentence approaches making sense, but what I was getting at is that merely denying two people the title "marriage" does not make their behavior/lifestyle/whatever buzzword you'd like abnormal. If the poster truly doesn't want the orientation to ever be viewed as "normal" (a meaningless adjective, really) by society, just saying the word "marriage" is reserved for a man and a woman isn't really going to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies