Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 07:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Help was called because he was not obeying commands.
I think help was called when Officer Shelby came upon a car blocking traffic from both sides, and no driver present.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:35 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Here's the key question: why did the officer shoot so soon after the taser was deployed? Why not wait a second or two and see if the taser was effective? If it was clear that the taser had no effect and the suspect continued to reach into his vehicle then maybe deadly force could be justified at that point. And I don't think I would buy into the argument that there was simply no time to assess the situation subsequent to the taser deployment. If that was the case then why use the taser in the first place rather then going directly to deadly force?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:05 AM

148 posts, read 137,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually her attorney is. He has seen the photos. He has seen the video. Actually you are the only one stating the window is closed.

It is quite clear to any rational being that no one shot PCP boy until he stuck his hand through the window of the vehicle.

Keep losing credibility, bubba.
Now go look at the still picture that shows blood on the CLOSED window.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Here's the key question: why did the officer shoot so soon after the taser was deployed? Why not wait a second or two and see if the taser was effective? If it was clear that the taser had no effect and the suspect continued to reach into his vehicle then maybe deadly force could be justified at that point. And I don't think I would buy into the argument that there was simply no time to assess the situation subsequent to the taser deployment. If that was the case then why use the taser in the first place rather then going directly to deadly force?
Most likely when he jerked from the tazer she panicked..

Old 09-21-2016, 08:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Actually her attorney is. He has seen the photos. He has seen the video. Actually you are the only one stating the window is closed..
He's not the only one stating the TRUTH. The window was closed.

Quote:
It is quite clear to any rational being that no one shot PCP boy until he stuck his hand through the window of the vehicle.
That counts you out.

Quote:
Keep losing credibility, bubba.
What would you know about credibility?
Truth is treason to people like you.

Proof the window was closed and you don't know what you are talking about.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.05682a84b87f

Old 09-21-2016, 08:18 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
What do you suggest as an alternative? Would you not agree that the current system protects police, no matter what?
I'd suggest less street cops and more self and community policing along with a whole lot of community shaming of young offenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think this Lady said it best ..

Jennifer Aniston Delivers Angry Response To
She is a Hollywood moron that doesn't even know what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
Now go look at the still picture that shows blood on the CLOSED window.
I'm one of the people who believes the window was closed.

Do you happen to have that picture link handy so that I don't have to search 50 pages for it?

In the helicopter footage, I see glare reflected on the window indicating it's closed, but with people claiming it was partially open, I'd like to see the zoomed in photo.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:22 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It was pretty cut and dried. The guy had no gun--his car stalled out. He approached the police for help. On video.

On the tape, the policewoman is heard shouting "I can't see his hands" "he won't show me his hands" but it was quite easy to see that he had his hands up in the air--way up--everyone could see it. Maybe she needs glasses.

In any event, it really appears that this one is on the cops.

They should have bullrushed him while his hands were up. Instead, they just blew him away so as to not get their uniforms dirty.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:25 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
I am white, believe the vast majority of police officers are good people, and do not support groups like BLM. Having said that, I also believe that police can legally murder, and know they will get away with it- the system simply will not hold them accountable. If this woman had not been wearing a police uniform, she'd be in jail charged with murder. Since she is a police officer, nothing of note will happen to her- besides bad publicity. She killed an innocent person, and her being a police officer should NOT gain her any sympathy or understanding. She was not justified, no matter how pro police folks want to spin it. He posed no threat. If a civilian walked up and shot and killed a person that was stranded with car trouble, they would get a life sentence. Mark my words- she will not spend one day behind bars- ever.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:28 AM

148 posts, read 137,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd suggest less street cops and more self and community policing along with a whole lot of community shaming of young offenders.

She is a Hollywood moron that doesn't even know what happened.

I'm one of the people who believes the window was closed.

Do you happen to have that picture link handy so that I don't have to search 50 pages for it?

In the helicopter footage, I see glare reflected on the window indicating it's closed, but with people claiming it was partially open, I'd like to see the zoomed in photo.
I agree with community policing. The us vs. them thing doesn't work. BOTH sides need to see the humanity in people.

Lovehiscountry posted one of the links that shows blood on the window.

And does anyone think it's convenient that she took a class on PCP and now there's PCP in the car?? Or did she mean to use her taser??

Old 09-21-2016, 08:39 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Here is the OPINION I've formed at this point.

I think Crutcher got high on PCP after leaving school and had a bad trip. He became disoriented, stopped in the middle of the road and exited his vehicle.

The cops showed up, and he didn't follow their orders due to his state.

He wasn't aware of the danger and was making irrational decisions when he went to get back in his car to go home.

The police saw him as a threat as he was trying to figure out how to get in his car, and shot him, resulting in his death.

For me, the overall problem is that this will likely be seen as a lawful shoot because it was a perceived threat.

Crutcher should not have been shot for being high. People with medical conditions which could leave them irrational could face the same outcome. Heck, we saw a caregiver shot due to his charge being somewhat irrational.

We can't have a system where people, who are not a threat, get gunned down due to vague notions of threat that allow police too much latitude. At the same time, we can't endanger the lives of police by restricting self defense too much.

As I've said many times, I believe the answer is less armed government agents roaming around looking for suspicious activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies