Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 10:38 AM

389 posts, read 470,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Actually if they would have rushed him a guy that size is a handful and during the scuffle it's possible he could grab one of the officers guns and then it could really be bad.
Your reply is part of the problem. The guy was stranded on the side of the road, the officers could have tried talking to him over a loudspeaker if they were so afraid,and you assume he would have been violent if they approached him. Stereotyping at it's finest is your response smh.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"she might be raped on the side of the road."

Gee, how many times did this happen? Talking herself out of getting a speeding ticket would be the most possible scenario. Let's not be drama queens. Rape? gee. Maybe happen once in a blue moon. But let's not pretend this happens all the time. sheesh
It's happened more times than it should have. We have discussed 3-4 cases here.

My post was a wee bit sarcastic but would you disagree with me that one time is one too many?

Old 09-21-2016, 10:42 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This would have never happened to a white female. She may have been raped on the side of the road but not killed.
Would it have happened to a White male who behaved the same way? Good possibility that it would have. Do you or I perceive a threat from a 5'2 110 pound female that we might from a 6'3 240 pound male? I don't and that might be a fatal mistake, but it is what it is. We can play the what if game or the would have game all day and never agree.
The best thing is to comply with the police and let the lawyers figure it out. I personally believe that there are far too many cop related shootings. I think that there always were. The game changer is all the cell phones out there catching it.
I think most cops are good people trying to do the right thing. You have a percentage of bad cops. Those bad cops make all cops look bad. I would like a division of the FBI to be tasked with investigating every cop related shootings. I neutral party...
I agree with many that cop related shootings and crimes committed by cops are not treated the same way or with equal zeal as cops investigating a civilian for the same crime. That needs to change if we are going to restore our faith in the police.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:42 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's happened more times than it should have. We have discussed 3-4 cases here.

My post was a wee bit sarcastic but would you disagree with me that one time is one too many?
Oh my bad. I don't see the point of posting man bits dogs stories. SOOOORRRRRRYYYYY

Old 09-21-2016, 10:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
"she might be raped on the side of the road."

Gee, how many times did this happen? Talking herself out of getting a speeding ticket would be the most possible scenario. Let's not be drama queens. Rape? gee. Maybe happen once in a blue moon. But let's not pretend this happens all the time. sheesh
OKC cop Daniel Holtzclaw sentenced to 263 years - CNN.com

Old 09-21-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I didn't say it NEVER happened. I said, I don't see the point of posting man bits dogs story.

Yes happened once in a blue moon. But yeah, one time is too many times. (remember to be pc here)

Happy now lol

Once you (the general term you) throw in examples like this, it kind of changes the direction of the thread. no?

Let's stay focused.

p.s. The example you gave here, the cop has been punished.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
I didn't say it NEVER happened. I said, I don't see the point of posting man bits dogs story.

Yes happened once in a blue moon. But yeah, one time is too many times. (remember to be pc here)

Happy now lol

Once you (the general term you) throw in examples like this, it kind of changes the direction of the thread. no?

Let's stay focused.

p.s. The example you gave here, the cop has been punished.
I agree that we should stay focused, but this case in Oklahoma illustrates that it happens, and much more often than once in a blue moon.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I agree that we should stay focused, but this case in Oklahoma illustrates that it happens, and much more often than once in a blue moon.
I agree with you. I was talking about the "rapist cops" - happened once in a blue moon, NOT this case in OK

thank you very much.

Never mind, I should have just not commented on an off topic post.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,626 times
If there is a police officer that can't fulfill his or her duties with a taser, then they shouldn't be police officers.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:09 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
If there is a police officer that can't fulfill his or her duties with a taser, then they shouldn't be police officers.
Yes because in the event they're shot at from 50 feet away, a taser is going to get the job done!

You're an ingoranus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies