Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 04:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Terence Crutcher Was Not Shot With His Hands Up. Here’s the Definitive Proof. – Bearing Arms Hands were not up and there was PCP found in his vehicle. Lastly I really want to know exactly what was going on because the other cop tased him at the same time.
The article notes that he does not obey an order to "freeze". Was there likely one? Probably so but the article author has no clue what was said.

That they are willing to make things up means nothing they say has much relevance.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:14 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Right , no sane person would do the job, like I said.
And you were wrong. The Ferguson PD was quite sane. Rational. Planned carefully, and executed as per their plan.

Quote:
A law abiding neighborhood puts police in the unemployment line.
Once the police is charged with providing operating funds for city government and allowed to prosecute for pretty much any charge they can think of, there is no such thing as a law abiding neighborhood. You think the Ferguson PD was interested in burglary or violence cases? Where's the money in that, provided any local would even approach them.

As it happens, low-crime areas are attractive places to live, which tend to drive house prices up, which tends to provide tax revenues, which in turn makes it possible to hire actual competent, professional police. On top of that, people who can afford nice houses can also afford lawyers, and that makes life for dirty cops so much harder. Having a good police force around goes a long way to provide a low-crime area.

And vice versa. There's a reason crummy cops and criminals alike thrive in towns like Ferguson: Like all predators, they seek out easy prey.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:20 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Are not the lead city officials elected? Did they ever try voting?
Would you run on a platform of fighting police corruption in Ferguson, Missouri? Well, of course you would. This is the Internet. Everyone here is a paragon of civic virtue and unparalleled courage. No one would consider what getting on the wrong side of dozens of dirty cops can do to one's safety and reputation.

As it happens, after the national spotlight came on, changes have been made on the City Council. And in the PD. Long may it last.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:27 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The article notes that he does not obey an order to "freeze". Was there likely one? Probably so but the article author has no clue what was said.

That they are willing to make things up means nothing they say has much relevance.
They are not making up that his hands were not up at the moment that he was shot. Obviously he did not listen to commands. You see that over and over with these police shootings. You have people that don't listen or are belligerent and then have a problem. Oh well when all is said and done mybe she gets fired or resigns. No criminal charges. Oh BTW any one here about that Philando Castille shooting investigation? Or the shooting in Baton Rouge? I said there would be no charges in those cases as well. As long as these are dragging out I bet I am right once again!!!

Old 09-21-2016, 04:44 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:

NO, the cops were just following him saying nothing....

Old 09-21-2016, 04:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
They are not making up that his hands were not up at the moment that he was shot. Obviously he did not listen to commands. You see that over and over with these police shootings. You have people that don't listen or are belligerent and then have a problem. Oh well when all is said and done mybe she gets fired or resigns. No criminal charges. Oh BTW any one here about that Philando Castille shooting investigation? Or the shooting in Baton Rouge? I said there would be no charges in those cases as well. As long as these are dragging out I bet I am right once again!!!
Yes they are. They are interrupting when the bullet hit. That was always the question. Did his arm come down when the bullet hit? Lots of people looked at it frame by frame and can't tell.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
We have seen the same sort of things out of males also. Timothy Loehman comes to mind but granted, he had already been ruled mentally incompetent but I'm sure there are others.

Philando Castile. Peter Laing blindly shot down a stairway because he panicked.
And now the LAW is taking care of the situation....he was a rookie....

Philando, the cop was wrong, you can only say that so many times....

Old 09-21-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Yes they are. They are interrupting when the bullet hit. That was always the question. Did his arm come down when the bullet hit? Lots of people looked at it frame by frame and can't tell.
You contradict yourself in the first and last sentence. First you say they are making it up, and then the last sentence you say nobody can tell?

Old 09-21-2016, 05:01 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You contradict yourself in the first and last sentence. First you say they are making it up, and then the last sentence you say nobody can tell?
Actually I did screw it up or get auto-corrected. But no what I said is it has been examined frame by frame by multiple people who were unable to determine when the bullet hit. This publication was apparently gifted with omniscience and could decide. There still remains as well the fact it did not go through his arm.. So she shot around it?

Any way we will likely know when the autopsy is released.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:06 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Is it also possible that with the helicopter noise from above at the scene, that Crutcher perhaps did not hear the police officers? Helicopters are pretty darn loud. A good officer would use some common sense and consider that. Furthermore, not one other officer believed there was a need to fire a gun, though one other officer did have a taser. That in itself is pretty convincing that she clearly over-reacted. It was clearly not necessary. He was unarmed.

IMO, she deserves to be charged and I believe she will be charged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies