Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 07:30 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

After reading through the history, his sister's claim about being unarmed is questionable.
A public records search shows that Scott was convicted in April 2004 of a misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon charge in Mecklenburg County. Other charges stemming from that date were dismissed: felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, and misdemeanors assault on a child under 12, assault on a female and communicating threats.

In April 2015 in Gaston County Court, Scott was found guilty of driving while intoxicated.

In 1992, Scott was charged in Charleston County, S.C., with ​several different crimes on different dates, including carrying ​a concealed weapon​ (not a gun), simple assault and contributing to ​the delinquency of a minor. ​He pleaded guilty to ​all charges.

Scott also was charged with aggravated assault in 1992​ and assault with intent to kill in 1995. Both charges were reduced, but the disposition of the case​s​ is unclear.

According to Bexar County, Texas, records, Scott was sentenced in March 2005 to 15 months in a state jail for evading arrest. In July of that year, records show, he was sentenced to seven years in prison on a conviction of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. A Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman said Scott completed his sentence and was released from prison in 2011.
Charlotte police protests: Governor declares state of emergency as violence erupts for second night

Old 09-22-2016, 07:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You know, I have to wonder a little if there is some sort of optical illusion in that helicopter video.

To me, the window looks closed from the helicopter footage.

Obviously, her lawyer has seen the footage and stills from it. Why double down if it wasn't open?

I think if the blood shows any significant drug amounts, she won't be charged with anything significant.
Why? I don't know. I think the statement that "she was never so scared" leads us to where she is going.

"I didn't lie, I was just scared and erred".

Old 09-22-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I heard last night that the cop who killed him was on her way to a totally different scene. Responding to a call about domestic violence. She saw the car in the road and stopped. Shouldn't she have just called it in to others and continue on her way to the DV scene?

Instead of possibly saving a life, she took one.

Of course, that could be just one of the many lies she's already told.
From all indications she was on her way to another call. Why she ignored it will have to be answered later.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:32 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'd like to see any video showing his hands were up when the cops tazer/shoot him. Every video I've seen show without a doubt that his right hand was reaching for the car door or his pocket and his left arm was lowered, definitely not raised on the car.
CRUTCHER VIDEO - Bing video

Look at the 20 second mark. Both arms down. Where is the left arm?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
After reading through the history, his sister's claim about being unarmed is questionable.
A public records search shows that Scott was convicted in April 2004 of a misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon charge in Mecklenburg County. Other charges stemming from that date were dismissed: felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, and misdemeanors assault on a child under 12, assault on a female and communicating threats.

In April 2015 in Gaston County Court, Scott was found guilty of driving while intoxicated.

In 1992, Scott was charged in Charleston County, S.C., with ​several different crimes on different dates, including carrying ​a concealed weapon​ (not a gun), simple assault and contributing to ​the delinquency of a minor. ​He pleaded guilty to ​all charges.

Scott also was charged with aggravated assault in 1992​ and assault with intent to kill in 1995. Both charges were reduced, but the disposition of the case​s​ is unclear.

According to Bexar County, Texas, records, Scott was sentenced in March 2005 to 15 months in a state jail for evading arrest. In July of that year, records show, he was sentenced to seven years in prison on a conviction of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. A Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokesman said Scott completed his sentence and was released from prison in 2011.
Charlotte police protests: Governor declares state of emergency as violence erupts for second night
The police dept says he was unarmed. We shouldn't still be doing this now.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
From all indications she was on her way to another call. Why she ignored it will have to be answered later.
Because a car is parked on the wrong side of the road where it could be hit by another vehicle? Is that a possibility?

Old 09-22-2016, 07:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'd like to see any video showing his hands were up when the cops tazer/shoot him. Every video I've seen show without a doubt that his right hand was reaching for the car door or his pocket and his left arm was lowered, definitely not raised on the car.
This is the way it looked to me. I couldn't see what his left hand was doing but it appeared to be lowered too.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She didn't ignore the other call, she encountered Crutcher on the way.

She was at the Crutcher scene where it was unknown what was going on or how serious it was. It's logical that she stopped.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:34 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree.

Louie said: "Should they have waited for him to possibly produce a gun and start shooting before they opened fire on him?"

Frankly, the answer is yes.

Things are only going to get worse.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
She didn't ignore the other call, she encountered Crutcher on the way.

She was at the Crutcher scene where it was unknown what was going on or how serious it was. It's logical that she stopped.
Do not confuse them with logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies