Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If cops didn't murder Blacks with outright impunity there would be no need for BLM or riots.
I've seen some ignorant posts lately but this one may take the cake.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Are you a science denier?

Have you checked the stats lately to see who kills more blacks?

Have you checked to see who saves more black lives than anyone else while putting themselves in danger??????

Forget the fact BLM was based on a lie about Furgeson and BLM has no interest in the daily slaughter of black men not shot by the police.

Pretty much every celebrity case was a perp resisting arrest.
There are now countless videos where people tell the cops "no" and there are no arrests. Nobody getting killed.

The police know they are being filmed.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:00 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Forget the fact BLM was based on a lie about Furgeson...
And once again, people focus on the spark and not the powder keg. The Ferguson PD was racist, abusive, violent and engaged in unconstitutional practices over several decades. That's not my assessment, it's that of the US Department of Justice.

When your local police force can arrest the completely wrong man, beat the daylights out of him in jail, charge him with destruction of public property for bleeding on their uniforms, and then - when, uh-oh, it turns out he wasn't local and could afford a lawyer - claim "nothing of that stuff in our report really happened, your Honor" with impunity - do you think a riot is bound to happen sooner or later? That was the Ferguson PD. They don't deserve your support.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynNY101 View Post
I love how Shannon sharp broke this down

https://www.facebook.com/undisputedo...5699310101178/
Sharpe did an excellent job on this.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:15 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It so annoying to me that we have posters here who ALWYAYS fall on one side or the other in every single one of these incidents. Some blame the police every time while others always defend the police.. Any claim to being fair and objective is thrown out the window when they do this, it is impossible for me to recognize their position as valid because it has an agenda and a bias. Me? I form my opinion based on the evidence I have seen. Crazy I know but that's just me. Sometimes I see the shooting as completely uncalled for and sometimes I do not.
You may be labeling me in the always blame the cops scenario, but that would be inaccurate. Some of us don't get in the conversation if it seems like a shooting might be justified. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

For example, the shooting in Charlotte. From what I've seen so far, looks understandable. So, I haven't chosen to be in that thread.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And once again, people focus on the spark and not the powder keg. The Ferguson PD was racist, abusive, violent and engaged in unconstitutional practices over several decades. That's not my assessment, it's that of the US Department of Justice.

When your local police force can arrest the completely wrong man, beat the daylights out of him in jail, charge him with destruction of public property for bleeding on their uniforms, and then - when, uh-oh, it turns out he wasn't local and could afford a lawyer - claim "nothing of that stuff in our report really happened, your Honor" with impunity - do you think a riot is bound to happen sooner or later? That was the Ferguson PD. They don't deserve your support.
Agreed. Too many people stopped at the point of law enforcement was not shown respect. The reasons why they weren't, didn't matter to them. Reasons always matter. No one should bow down to any entity just because someone said so.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:16 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,199,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why I don't respond to these hysterical "cops are murderers" threads.
I do my best to reply to the even more hysterical "cops are innocent in ALL of these shooting incidents" mentality that exists even when clear video and other evidence to the contrary indicate they could have easily detained someone without taking their lives. I do understand those incidents where a person refuses to put a gun down on the ground. However, this man was clearly unarmed and the officer that shot him acted recklessly on irrational hysteria. The people of Tulsa clearly deserve better than that.

The REAL pro police position is to want the small percentage of bad cops off the force so that the majority of good ones can thrive and be more appreciated by the public. Not to look the other way when these incidents happen. That only hurts the good officers more and makes their relations with the community even more challenging.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:19 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Well you see that's the thing about talking a walk. You need to figure in being able to walk back. Sane people don't like to work in insane neighborhoods. Its the ole vicious cycle. Who wants this job? Offer me a quarter million and I would have enough sense not to take it.

My co-worker was there just before the riots at ground zero. They smash and grabbed thorough his car window. I don't think he drive a police cruiser. So the peeps there might want fire the ambassadors . They truly deserve each other.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:22 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynNY101 View Post
I love how Shannon sharp broke this down

https://www.facebook.com/undisputedo...5699310101178/

I like how Colin Flaterly broke him down even more.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:28 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,199,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
She choked, just like Trump said, Betty Shelby is the perfect example of
a woman who should NEVER BE ALLOWED to become a police officer.

I have never felt comfortable with women being police. I noticed it
starting in the 1990s. They always seem insecure or moody.

She panicked. She has a history of this type of defensive overreaction,
they are talking about it now.

That is my opinion, I really could care less what anyone else thinks,
you cannot allow just any woman (or just any man) to become a police officer.

I would charge her with manslaughter at the very least, this was terrible !!!!!!
I agree about her being terminated from the police department and charged with manslaughter. Agree that she panicked. Strongly disagree that it was because she was a woman.

What excuse or reason do you make regarding the hundreds of male officers who have also panicked and shot unarmed people in recent years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies