Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 01:43 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Your not being honest.
Yes, I am. Everything I've posted is true. More Whites vote Dem than Blacks, but Blacks vote for Dems at a higher rate than Whites. What BOTH Whites and Blacks who vote Dem have in common is a disproportionately high rate of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:44 PM

195 posts, read 177,949 times
An oldie but goodie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
They’re standing on the corner and they can’t speak English. I can’t even talk the way these people talk: Why you ain’t, Where you is, What he drive, Where he stay, Where he work, Who you be… And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it’s important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can’t be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we’ve got these knuckleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what? And they won’t spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn’t know that he had a pistol? And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward: Isn’t that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn’t that a sign of something? Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up? Isn’t it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don’t know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person’s problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back. People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different ‘husbands’ — or men or whatever you call them now. We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can’t write two paragraphs. We as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.

We cannot blame the white people any longer.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:46 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, I am. Everything I've posted is true. More Whites vote Dem than Blacks, but Blacks vote for Dems at a higher rate than Whites. What BOTH Whites and Blacks who vote Dem have in common is a disproportionately high rate of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits.
No....your not being honest because even your quote demonstrates that you are not. I said a lot more than "You are not being honest". You ignored the rest of what I said to facilitate your dishonesty. Your whole aim now is to avoid the exposure of your true underlying beliefs about blacks....and you are doing so by obfuscating and using subsets.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:49 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
You folks must keep that Bill Cosby speech on a usb ready to copy and paste at a moment's notice. lol

Old 03-24-2017, 01:49 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
You stated:

That is a DIRECT quote from you. You made a distinction by qualifying the race. If there is no distinction or difference assumed by you.....how could it be the explanation for any "black" problem, if it equally impacts whites? If whites are no more smarter than blacks at making a political choice that is best for them, then how can black political choices be the root of black problems....and not be the root of white problems as well?
this is me high-5-ing you. This reminds me of how people say hiphop is ruining blacks, but whites are the largest consumer of hiphop and nobody ever says it ruins them as a culture. Great post.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:54 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
There are settlements, meaning there's no wrongdoing. It's basically the banks were paying the government to get lost.
Settlements do not mean that there is no wrongdoing.

It means that a company has calculated the risk and cost of contesting the allegation in terms of money and public opinion. If Wells Fargo, for instance, contested the allegations of the Justice Department, not only would it cost a lot of money, but they also risk a lot of monetary potential. Contesting the allegations would have meant that every single document collected and analyzed by the Department of Justice would instantly become public, available for request or download.

'Cause, ya know. Freedom of Information Act.

Quote:
Here, Blacks and Latinos have almost twice of the foreclosure rate as whites. If we want to be racial, let's be racially honest.
... What do you expect to happen when Black and Hispanic home-buyers were systematically given loans with higher fees and interest rates?

Fluffy kittens and rainbows?

I mean. In other fascinating and unexpected news: Water is wet and Trump is president.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:55 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
No....your not being honest because even your quote demonstrates that you are not.
My quote is correct. How is it dishonest. It's not. You just don't like having to face reality...

More Whites vote Dem than Blacks, but Blacks vote for Dems at a higher rate than Whites. What BOTH Whites and Blacks who vote Dem have in common is a disproportionately high rate of poverty and receiving means-tested public assistance benefits.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:55 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
this is me high-5-ing you. This reminds me of how people say hiphop is ruining blacks, but whites are the largest consumer of hiphop and nobody ever says it ruins them as a culture. Great post.
Thank you....and good catch. Its the same as out of wedlock births, which they blame on black problems too. Well.....out of wedlock births have risen from about 5% in 1960 to 30% today. If out of wedlock births is the cause of high poverty, crime and what not in the black community, then where is the evidence of the rise in poverty and violence in the white community since 1960? I mean......should there not be a major rise in the rate of white poverty and crime given the huge increase in out of wedlock births among whites?

Old 03-24-2017, 01:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
If anything, this shows even with the institutionalized racism, Affirmative Action, staged against the whites and Asians, some people are still not good enough to look after themselves.

I am waiting for the claim that AA only benefits white women, but somehow black people overwhelmingly support it.

How are the values of homes is nice suburban, majority black neighborhoods in any way related to "benefits" lol.

The black people who live in nice neighborhoods who don't have equity because they live in black neighborhoods have good incomes, went to school and don't get any benefits.

Their neighborhoods are worth less because anywhere that blacks live is automatically valued lower than majority with areas.

You all don't seem to get this very simple concept (back at ya lol )

Old 03-24-2017, 01:59 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This is a free country. People CHOOSE to live in a black neighborhood. Nothing stops blacks from selling their home and moving to a better neighborhood. I bought my first home in a "bad" neighborhood because it was cheap. As I earned more money I sold it and moved to a better zip code.

When black people move to "good neighborhoods" that are majority white, white people will move away. Once those white people move away, even with upper income blacks predominantly left, that neighborhood will lose value.

Again, you all seem to be naive to this simple information for some reason.... (again back at ya lol )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies